DIY Supercharger?

Ga15GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Not my car, have no info on what it has , and what was done to it.
But The driver being 17. needs performance driving seat time, classes. before anything else is done. There is more to driving a performance car than dropping the hammer through the carpet ,and then slamming on the brakes.
My bet is the front brakes are glazed over and need to be looked at, if he say's they get hot /over heat.
That never gets better on it's own.
Oh sorry, lol. I'm asking for myself on a stock 2015 GT. What mods do you recommend to more effectively use and put down the existing power before adding more.
Sponsored

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
I am guessing the OP bought the car used? What is the mileage on the odometer?

If the front brakes were replaced, they could be cheapie pads.

As far as the above post, one great mod that won't really effect ride quality are the BMR Cradle Lockout kits. The help the car bite and reduce wheel hop.

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Not my car, have no info on what it has , and what was done to it.
But The driver being 17. needs performance driving seat time, classes. before anything else is done. There is more to driving a performance car than dropping the hammer through the carpet ,and then slamming on the brakes.
My bet is the front brakes are glazed over and need to be looked at, if he say's they get hot /over heat.
That never gets better on it's own.
I changed the rotors and break pads like 2 or 3 months ago

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Well I for one wouldn't want a shit ton of silicon couplers, clamps, times 20. A lot of those generic piping do not have the required bends to clear everything on a s550 front end. Just look at all those JDM cars with 'generic' piping.. no front bumper covers cause they won't fit. Then you need injectors / tune / find someone even willing to tune it / fuel system / blowoff / etc., etc. I mean, lets get realistic here.

Anyways, more power to the OP if he can pull it off.
Like I said once you have the head unit and the brackets you are over 50% there. Like I said you can order the intercooler and piping already perfect for the s550 so no need for a lot of couplers. Now you need injectors, bov, tune, and you are done. No fuel system changes needed until you start adding boost. At 6-8psi no fuel system needed. If your tuner will not tune it that is because they are not tuners, they take data that has been given to them and put it in. They don’t develop the data they copy and paste. You need to find a real tuner. You are trying to make it sound like it’s impossible and it’s not. Anyone can do it if they are willing to put in the time. You can turbo a s550 for half the price of a supercharger kit

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
You are trying to make it sound like it’s impossible and it’s not.
It's perfectly possible. 2 points ya missed though. He said he wasn't to mechanically inclined & this is not a novice job. There's no way your gonna do it less than 4K all in. Just save the pennies spend another grand and get the self contained ESS centri / injectors / tune. But he wants to do it piecemeal, as in a piece here and there as his job affords him to do. As for the tuner, yeah.. cause when the homemade stuff blows the engine skyhigh, who they gonna blame?

Sponsored

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
I changed the rotors and break pads like 2 or 3 months ago
But did you "bed" (read: break in) the pads like directed?
It is also easy to put the wrong type pads on a car for the way it'll be used.
Run of the mill parts store cheap or mid grade pads that are more for a daily driver that goes from point "a" to point "b" are not made for cutting apexes . But you can go over the top and put pads that need a ton of head before they work as designed, many have fallen into this trap.
My bet, not being there is you didn't bed the pads correctly, and the rotors and pads are glazed

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
If I could afford a supercharger I would buy one lmao. I'm 17 and barely managing to pay my parents back for the car and still afford gas and other general life things. Just wanted to get a feel for this project as an alternate to buying one. Couldn't afford either right now anyway.
Keep the Faith Brother, and work hard in life and you will see your rewards. Good luck

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
But did you "bed" (read: break in) the pads like directed?
It is also easy to put the wrong type pads on a car for the way it'll be used.
Run of the mill parts store cheap or mid grade pads that are more for a daily driver that goes from point "a" to point "b" are not made for cutting apexes . But you can go over the top and put pads that need a ton of head before they work as designed, many have fallen into this trap.
My bet, not being there is you didn't bed the pads correctly, and the rotors and pads are glazed
Ya I followed the break in and they are performance break pads and rotors from power stop.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Oh sorry, lol. I'm asking for myself on a stock 2015 GT. What mods do you recommend to more effectively use and put down the existing power before adding more.
Better tires in the rear and a cradle lock out kit like the bmr CB005 are a great place to start NA or FI. Reduces wheel hop and spin and allows more power to be put down.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
It's perfectly possible. 2 points ya missed though. He said he wasn't to mechanically inclined & this is not a novice job. There's no way your gonna do it less than 4K all in. Just save the pennies spend another grand and get the self contained ESS centri / injectors / tune. But he wants to do it piecemeal, as in a piece here and there as his job affords him to do. As for the tuner, yeah.. cause when the homemade stuff blows the engine skyhigh, who they gonna blame?
Once the brackets are complete and the head unit is bolted up the rest is something a novice can handle if they are committed. I don’t think he will ever get this done but it is not impossible. If someone is looking to do a home made boost setup and twin turbo bottom mount kit is a lot easier and cheaper. Everything can be done for close to $4500 and you can purchase one part at a time

Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
As a test I took my mounting bracket and laid it down on another piece of 9/16 aluminum and used spray paint to make a pattern, Something any novice might do. After verifying the holes would line up I center punched where I needed to drill. Next I took a grinder and a few cut off wheels and cut the bracket out. Then used a sanding disc and cleaned it up. Next I drilled the wholes with a shoulder and in 2 hours half the mounting brackets are done. I sure this can be done now is it worth it. That’s for each person to decide for themselves

2AD7C3E9-8CDC-427F-8543-81DD2930BAE3.jpeg

0B7FAD7A-3435-4719-A3D2-F829A8B76717.jpeg

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
As a test I took my mounting bracket and laid it down on another piece of 9/16 aluminum and used spray paint to make a pattern, Something any novice might do. After verifying the holes would line up I center punched where I needed to drill. Next I took a grinder and a few cut off wheels and cut the bracket out. Then used a sanding disc and cleaned it up. Next I drilled the wholes with a shoulder and in 2 hours half the mounting brackets are done. I sure this can be done now is it worth it. That’s for each person to decide for themselves

2AD7C3E9-8CDC-427F-8543-81DD2930BAE3.jpeg

0B7FAD7A-3435-4719-A3D2-F829A8B76717.jpeg
Wow this is great! If you could somehow share the dimensions so others could make a similar bracket that would be amazing. I think I’m going to create another forum post trying to list out all the parts someone would need to do this project. I think I have managed to source a replacement crank pulley extender so you could run a belt up to the supercharger. After that I think it’s something most people can do. Only worried about gearing the supercharger now

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Wow this is great! If you could somehow share the dimensions so others could make a similar bracket that would be amazing. I think I’m going to create another forum post trying to list out all the parts someone would need to do this project. I think I have managed to source a replacement crank pulley extender so you could run a belt up to the supercharger. After that I think it’s something most people can do. Only worried about gearing the supercharger now
This supercharger bracket setup uses the balancer and does not need any kind of spacers or extension. It bolts the procharger here like a vortech and runs on the serpentine belt.

F67B5335-5465-4B01-8CDF-1243DB920E38.jpeg

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
This supercharger bracket setup uses the balancer and does not need any kind of spacers or extension. It bolts the procharger here like a vortech and runs on the serpentine belt.

F67B5335-5465-4B01-8CDF-1243DB920E38.jpeg
Hmmm I’ll have to watch the install video to see how they do it. I assume you need a longer serpentine belt. Are you able to see any of the gearing from the belt to the supercharger? I also need to research on what would be required for that.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Hmmm I’ll have to watch the install video to see how they do it. I assume you need a longer serpentine belt. Are you able to see any of the gearing from the belt to the supercharger? I also need to research on what would be required for that.
I’m not really sure what you are asking but yes you need a longer belt and you will need to add one idler pulley that’s all. It uses the stock belt setup otherwise. All the stock pulleys and tensioner are used

image.jpg

A8C8B026-ADA4-4A8D-AC59-DDAAEB4E4F78.jpeg
Sponsored