Sponsored

Die hard Manual guys get in here!

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
I just wish I could rent a car from you folks... I don't know how to drive any of them. :shrug:
HAHA LOL I feel ya on that one :D
Sponsored

EasyBeingGreen

Mustang Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard '15 GT Premium, 6MT, 20" Foundry Wheels
Screw manual vs. auto...

Guard is CLEARLY the best color offered for the S550.

:D:D

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
People who buy manuals generally don't care about the last tenth of a second when it comes to acceleration times, they want more involvement in the car. Nothing more enjoyable than throwing the stick around on a windy country road. If I was only interested in acceleration times I'd get a battery powered autonomous car.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
People who buy manuals generally don't care about the last tenth of a second when it comes to acceleration times
A tenth? Hell, I don't even care about whole seconds.

Norm

Reactions: CB

Sponsored

JohnK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Ruby Red
The other is downshifting to pass. With a manual once it's shifted to the lower gear, the car quickly accelerates. My experience with automatics is that there's often a delay between pushing the gas pedal and the car responding. This can be one second or more. But maybe paddle shifters avoids this delay. Haven't tried it.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
The other is downshifting to pass. With a manual once it's shifted to the lower gear, the car quickly accelerates. My experience with automatics is that there's often a delay between pushing the gas pedal and the car responding. This can be one second or more. But maybe paddle shifters avoids this delay. Haven't tried it.
The problem with the paddle shifter is that it has that same delay with you press it to downshift.

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
People who buy manuals generally don't care about the last tenth of a second when it comes to acceleration times, they want more involvement in the car. Nothing more enjoyable than throwing the stick around on a windy country road. If I was only interested in acceleration times I'd get a battery powered autonomous car.
This is true. I rented a Hemi Charger for a trip from Norcal to Socal back in 2015. I did not enjoy it as much as I thought I would as I was used to driving MT's.
I enjoy my little v6 Mustang manual more than I did that Charger... hell I enjoyed my MT 2014 Nissan Sentra more than I did that car. Funnest car I ever drove a 16 5.0 Manual...so that will be my next car in the future.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
i was considering leasing a scat pack charger as my next car, since the lease deals on dodges right now are insane.

my only fear is that i'd get real bored of it quick, since it only comes in auto.

sounds like i'd be right from your experience.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
My last manual was in a Nissan Versa. I loved driving it on windy roads. I felt so involved. It actually felt more sporty than much more expensive cars. Because of the manual. I bought the manual because it made 80hp feel like 85! Pushing in the clutch on that car. Was a life altering experience. It bacially turned that little sh!tbox into a sports sedan.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I had a Sentra that gave me a similar feeling. I enjoyed revving it out. Of course after a month or two of occasionally revving it near redline it seemed like the engine didn't like me very much.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
im sure we've all had a fun underpowered manual car before

mine was a 97 318ti hatchback, and i loved that thing. that little 1.8 liter can move when i redline it.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
If you factor in the time it takes to down shift the manual, not convinced you will be any worse off in an auto.

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
Yeah, rev matching is extremely slow (comparatively) and just dropping it into a lower gear is jarring at best and dangerous at worst. Modern autos, even slushboxes, are fast.

TURTL3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LB Mustang 3.7 6MT
Yeah, rev matching is extremely slow (comparatively) and just dropping it into a lower gear is jarring at best and dangerous at worst. Modern autos, even slushboxes, are fast.
The only other people to drive my car besides myself were two good friends of mine that drive MT and neither one of them rev matched. Made me cringe every time they “downshifted”. One of my friends out of the two I told to pull back in his driveway (we took like a 10 minute joyride) and I pulled back out and gave him a crash course.

If it’s one thing that bugs me is MT cars that are geared way too long. I love my V6 but these 3.15 gears can be a real PIA sometimes. I mean the great thing about the MT is that I can always keep it in the power band, but I would prefer some better acceleration with shorter gears.
Sponsored