Sponsored

New here and looking to get a 5.0.....Auto or Manual?

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Auto Reason ....

Yea, but how do you sip your Starbucks macchiato with a manual?
Forget the Starbucks Coffee, how are you going to pull the trigger and drive?
I live in SFLA so you better pack some heat because its the wild wild east
here. :lol:
Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
With that being said I'm looking in getting a 2015+ 5.0 and I'm curious to hear which transmission option you guys think is better.
As already suggested, drive both. Extended drives if at all possible. When you finish both drives, try to put yourself a couple of years out into ownership of each car. Ask yourself if you think you'd have any regrets about not buying the other one.

Outside opinions are going to be at least as biased as your own, probably more so in many cases.

I know the performance of the auto is good...but.....after watching the ten speed on the camaro lapping the Nurburgring, it sounded like a frigging CVT!

The engine basically sat near the redline and sounded like it was just screaming.
I've watched the same video and that is absolutely NOT the impression I was getting. The sound track has to be the first one of any automatic I've ever heard that wasn't an eyes-closed dead give-away that it was an automatic. The shifts were all distinct, crisp, and completely un-automatic like.

The revs don't drop very far because the gear-to-gear spacing is a good bit tighter than in A6 or even A8 transmissions.

If I could get past the automatic parts of its operation - something that is still highly doubtful - that would make this A10 the first automatic transmission in over 50 years that I'd even consider. Coming from me, that's high praise indeed.

Norm

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
20f4ygy.jpg

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
Actually .....

Now that you bring that topic up - having sex while driving an auto - A lot easier. ;)

Did so in my 1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1 coming back from the beach at night. :cheers:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sponsored

ghst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 401a RIP
All the auto guys here will find reasons to bash manual.

All the manual guys here will find reason to bash auto.

Buy what you want and will enjoy. I sold my 2012 auto 5.0 because it was BORING. My 2015 manual is so fun, I actually find excuses to drive. Daily driving a manual isn't bad, either. You get used to it. But if you want comfort, then get an automatic. I enjoy driving manual because I feel in control, and can show off a little easier. Overall it's personal preference. 90% of people saying "auto wins races" won't even race or track their cars, so take it with a grain of salt.

That being said, I don't race, I don't drag, and I don't care about straight line power. So manual was the obvious choice! It's an expensive piece of machinery, so just buy what you know you'll be comfortable in 6+ months down the line.

OP
OP

Stopsign32v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
All the auto guys here will find reasons to bash manual.

All the manual guys here will find reason to bash auto.

Buy what you want and will enjoy. I sold my 2012 auto 5.0 because it was BORING. My 2015 manual is so fun, I actually find excuses to drive. Daily driving a manual isn't bad, either. You get used to it. But if you want comfort, then get an automatic. I enjoy driving manual because I feel in control, and can show off a little easier. Overall it's personal preference. 90% of people saying "auto wins races" won't even race or track their cars, so take it with a grain of salt.

That being said, I don't race, I don't drag, and I don't care about straight line power. So manual was the obvious choice! It's an expensive piece of machinery, so just buy what you know you'll be comfortable in 6+ months down the line.
I was making the thread more along the lines of getting information on either or. Such as the specific automatic is notorious for these issues...The specific manual is notorious for these issues...This specific automatic excels because of this...

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
Auto & Manuals

Yeah depends what you like most. I have driven autos all my life but I must admit my 2005 Ford Mustang GT Manual was a blast to drive - except in heavy traffic.
But heck thats why I have a family car now - besides why drive a Mustang in heavy traffic (unless cruz'n) Most of the time I want long open stretches of road so my Pony can gallop fast !

Yes I like the control of a manual versus auto because I am a control freak. :lol:
Burn Outs are so much more fun too. :cheers:

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Please lock this bs we already have one. Auto is faster marginally , manual is way more fun by alottttttt

LG23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT
Do you view manual as extra work or extra fun? Should make it easy.

Sponsored

Boss Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C43C
Do you view manual as extra work or extra fun? Should make it easy.
Bumper to bumper extra work, Sunday drives extra fun. I think the 2018 A10 is going to narrow that fun gap with the manual.

AZ_Ryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
When your done deciding between an auto or manual, come back and ask us about a CAI for your car. :bolt:

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Bumper to bumper extra work, Sunday drives extra fun. I think the 2018 A10 is going to narrow that fun gap with the manual.

Will still be a auto lol people think mustang they think v8 and stick

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Forget the Starbucks Coffee, how are you going to pull the trigger and drive?
I live in SFLA so you better pack some heat because its the wild wild east
here. :lol:
I'm about 35 miles from Chicago...you're preaching to the choir! Lol
Sponsored