Sponsored

Die hard Manual guys get in here!

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
mustang starts with M muscle car starts with M therefore it should have a Manual transmission lol
Sponsored

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
Automatics have been faster than manuals for a long time now... Even shitty automatics.

If you're worried about setting the fastest lap times possible, then yeah, get an automatic.

If you're worried about driving, get the manual.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Automatics have been faster than manuals for a long time now... Even shitty automatics.

If you're worried about setting the fastest lap times possible, then yeah, get an automatic.

If you're worried about driving, get the manual.
Just curious. But do they issue you a different license if you have a manual? Pretty sure they issue the same "Drivers" license to everyone. Just saying.:D

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Automatics are better if you are a busy person and need to put on your makeup, send text messages, eat and drink, smoke cigarettes, or are simply too tired to shift gears. Automatics help make the most of your very valuable time and conserve energy. Although its better to get automatics with forward collision warning and brake assist because they facilitate distractions and make the eyelids heavy.

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
Automatics are better if you are a busy person and need to put on your makeup, send text messages, eat and drink, smoke cigarettes, or are simply too tired to shift gears. Automatics help make the most of your very valuable time and conserve energy. Although its better to get automatics with forward collision warning and brake assist because they facilitate distractions and make the eyelids heavy.
and they say "sarcasm doesn't translate online" :thumbsup:

Sponsored

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
mustang starts with M muscle car starts with M therefore it should have a Manual transmission lol
Unassailable logic, sir. :cheers:

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB PP GT w/ RECARO's & ITR swapped '94 hatch
I agree the 2011-14 manuals were not great. I had one grind on the test drive when they first came out. The 2015+ have gotten a lot better. The 2018 should theoretically be improved further with the twin disc clutch and dual mass flywheel. I'd still recommend doing an MGW short shifter for your first mod if you are worried about it. If you plan on making this car and all out drag car, automatic is probably the way to go, but if you are as much of a diehard manual driver as you say, manual is the only option. If the MT-82 was truly a terrible transmission, I think Ford would have ditched it by now. I think the revisions they have made, have made them noticeably better.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
So you say, my Mt-82 gave me trouble from day one worst tranny i ever had. why would I go and buy it a again. Take a look at the threads in the trans sections here or any other mustang forum, you'll find them littered with mt-82 issues most of them having the same issues i had! Naa no bandwagon crap here, just experiences! Add power to that tranny and the issues are magnified!
People complaining does not = issues. An "issue" would be a defect causing the trans to not properly work, to break, etc. All the post you mostly see are people talking about the same thing. Sounds and the smoothness of the transmission. That is just the design of the transmission it isn't an "issue". All these transmissions are made EXACTLY the same way every single time. Mass manufacturing does have a certain percentage to have a defect but if there were an ACTUAL design "issue" with these transmission literally every single one would have that "issue".

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Just curious. But do they issue you a different license if you have a manual? Pretty sure they issue the same "Drivers" license to everyone. Just saying.:D
You joke . . .

I know when I first got my driver's license (Massachusetts), there was a restriction code limiting the license holder to driving only vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission. It seems to still be on the books.

http://www.education4drivers.com/massachusetts/drivers-license-restrictions.htm

Norm

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2

Sponsored

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
My coworker was in the car with me and we got intimate and I had to use my right hand to do...you know what to her.
I had to reach over and shift with my left hand, she was impressed but it was hard as hell.

Really the only downside I experienced with MT :D

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
My coworker was in the car with me and we got intimate and I had to use my right hand to do...you know what to her.
I had to reach over and shift with my left hand, she was impressed but it was hard as hell.

Easy to do in a slow car ;) had to ;) hahah

OP
OP
bigjohns97

bigjohns97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 401a M6 RR

Road head becomes a problem unless you're on a road trip as well. :)
Sponsored