Delete thread please. Already over it

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
So when I call them to ask if they can look around for it, the assistant manager tells me there was a note noting that one was missing and had a grey cap on. I said that's wrong I brought in all four (really should of just taken them off) The guy basically calls me a liar and that unless I have proof there's nothing I can do.
To be clear, was there was an exchange like this, "You're a liar"? Originally you said, that he "basically called me a liar", i.e., sounds more along the lines of, "The tech showed me the wheel, said this is how it came in ...", and implied you weren't correct.

The shop manager should have just sided with the customer [you], said, "Oh, I was told different from my tech <or whatever the case>, I'll look for it and we can't find it, make it right", not sure why it escalated to "cussing him out", I guess if he said, "Fuck you and your cap" ... :crackup:
Hello; Since you wish to be clear I copied the actual quote. Fair enough in that the actual word liar may not have been spoken. I do get the gist of what the manager implied. The "note" is the touch that seals his fate well enough along with the without proof nothing can be done.
We each have some level of standards and you are entitled to yours.
Sponsored

OP
OP
BetterKermitz

BetterKermitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colton
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I'm already over the issue. I appreciate America's Tire for reaching out to me, while I think things could of gone better I lost my temper on the phone which didn't help anything. Probably should of just said it's the holiday season and shrugged it off.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I'm already over the issue. I appreciate America's Tire for reaching out to me, while I think things could of gone better I lost my temper on the phone which didn't help anything. Probably should of just said it's the holiday season and shrugged it off.
Sometimes shit goes sideways, and certainly, things being the way they are doesn't help. Saw the company (didn't know Discount == America's) message you, that's awesome, maybe a lifetime discount :D

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Yeah, this 100%. I honestly don't care about a cap, I care about how he acted on the phone.
Not to defend the store, but the guy you talked to on the phone was more than likely just going off what his people told him. But he should have verified what they told him when you called. Id make him buy a new set and call it good. Even if you just toss them in the trash. I had a similar issue at discount tire...got new tires on my truck, it had the plastic chrome N2 caps on it. When I got the truck back it had the chrome caps on one side and black plastic ones on the other. They were cool about it and offered to get me a new set. I told them to just toss black ones on the other side.

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
I suspect you just caught the AT manager on a bad day (we're all a bit stressed these days).

I've bought almost exclusively--they can't do anything for the spline-drive wire wheels on my Healeys--from AT for almost 20 years. I 'inherited' a Cherokee 4-banger from an ex-GF which became my son's first car; first thing I did was put 4 new tires from AT on it, the first thing he did was go to a party at 'the wrong side of town' and got all 4 slashed. I had the car towed back to AT, figuring I was on the hook for 4 new, but they gave me 4 new for the price of 2. Just a couple weeks after I bought my '19 Bullitt one of the rears developed a slow leak; I took it to a different AT, figuring $50 for a dismount/puncture fix/remount and balance since I didn't get the tires from them, but they fixed it for free. The only 'issue' I've had was I wanted to buy a set for a guy that drives my indigent uncle around, but they wouldn't take my credit card as payment. I wrote a nasty email and got a call from the manager explaining that they couldn't do that as they'd been burned too many times (CCs over the phone). Fair enough, I decided (my uncle paid cash and I paid him back). IIRC they gave me a nice discount on the next set.

The thing about AT, which may be true for any of the big chains, is they keep a 'jacket' on you and when they see you've been a long-time customer they do what they can for you.

NFI.

Sponsored

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
I noticed that OP asking to delete this thread. I tend to disagree. The situation OP described is a bigger issue and is not single instance. I'm sure each of us experience situation like this in service aria. It's great that Discount Tires respond to OP with the post! But, situation like this is happening more and more so than in the past. If we let this slide then nothing will happen to improve. At least post like this bring attention to DT and the management will take action. This will set an example for others. I see this thread as benefit and glad company reacted this way. Good thread overall.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
I have purchased thousands of dollars in tires from Discount Tire and always feel their customer service is top notch. It’s why I keep going back. Sorry you had a bad experience with your valve cap.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
I have purchased thousands of dollars in tires from Discount Tire and always feel their customer service is top notch. It’s why I keep going back. Sorry you had a bad experience with your valve cap.
we Finally got one here and i know most of them on a first name basis now lol, they’re awesome. I was kind of surprised how good they were from a customer service standpoint, being such a huge company...it’s usually the opposite in my experience.

OP, glad you decided to let it be.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
I noticed that OP asking to delete this thread. I tend to disagree. The situation OP described is a bigger issue and is not single instance. I'm sure each of us experience situation like this in service aria. It's great that Discount Tires respond to OP with the post! But, situation like this is happening more and more so than in the past. If we let this slide then nothing will happen to improve. At least post like this bring attention to DT and the management will take action. This will set an example for others. I see this thread as benefit and glad company reacted this way. Good thread overall.
AND it’s educational.

America’s Tire = Discount Tire = something I did not know.

Is it a real brand with signage and everything or just nickname?

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
AND it’s educational.

I thought one bought the other a few years ago, but apparently that's not the case (same company different name in different regions):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discount_Tire

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Same, they are my tire go-to. They even mounted and balanced a pair of rear tires for one of my cars free of charge once, I just bought the tires and dropped off the wheels.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I read this thread, simply because it was not deleted :)

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
AND it’s educational.

I honestly never heard of America's Tire. However, all my tires I purchased from Discount Tires on internet, and I like the service and response from this store.

Chisel05

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2020 EcoBoost HPP, Handling Pkg
Same, they are my tire go-to. They even mounted and balanced a pair of rear tires for one of my cars free of charge once, I just bought the tires and dropped off the wheels.
Same. Been going exclusively to America's Tire for years, and although I had one bad experience with work performed, I've never received any bad treatment or attitude. I only wanted to chime in on this thread because America's Tire reached out and you don't see many companies making that effort these days.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
OP, for some reason, I don't think this thread is getting deleted :)
Sponsored