Delete thread please. Already over it

BetterKermitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colton
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
So I brought my GT350's wheels and tires down to my local America's Tire because I don't trust tire shops at all after a previous issue on a truck. Anyway I have these chrome cobra valve stem covers that don't really mean a whole lot to me.

However, when I got my wheels/tires back home and I go to mount them up I notice one's missing. So when I call them to ask if they can look around for it, the assistant manager tells me there was a note noting that one was missing and had a grey cap on. I said that's wrong I brought in all four (really should of just taken them off) The guy basically calls me a liar and that unless I have proof there's nothing I can do. Thankfully I took a photo of the wheels and tires off the car for some reason before I brought them in. When I bring that up to him he starts back tracking saying if I have proof he will order me new caps. At this point I'm past that and start cussing the guy out, telling him first chance I get Monday I'm calling corporate to complain with those photos. He keeps trying to tell me I don't need to do that and he can order them. I told him I don't care about the caps I care about being called a liar, which apparently he can't understand why it's even an issue. So I hung up on him.

He could have told me they lost it and I wouldn't of cared, but calling me a liar over something that isn't worth anything pisses me off. Am I over reacting ? Also anyone else have stories of shitty customer service?

IMG_20201121_130008.jpg
Sponsored

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Probably one of the guys lost the cap and then told the manager it was missing to begin with to cover his ass. Manager may not have known any better.

Anyway for an issue like this I would question whether it is worth causing trouble for someone, especially in times like we find ourselves in right now. I would take the high road on this one and just let things be, personally speaking.

OP
OP
BetterKermitz

BetterKermitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colton
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Sounds like you have anger issues.
The manager just called me saying they found it, which is funny because he said it didn't have it when it came in. I usually don't get too angry over things, but he did use the word "liar" when talking to me pisses me off pretty quick. If it got lost I wouldn't of cared, just don't call me a liar.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BetterKermitz

BetterKermitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colton
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Probably one of the guys lost the cap and then told the manager it was missing to begin with to cover his ass. Manager may not have known any better.

Anyway for an issue like this I would question whether it is worth causing trouble for someone, especially in times like we find ourselves in right now. I would take the high road on this one and just let things be, personally speaking.
I'm kind of back and forth on it. On one hand the guy was an asshole over the phone, like not a professional ass, he raised his voice first. So I want to raise a stink over that, but then by Monday I probably won't care enough to call.

OP
OP
BetterKermitz

BetterKermitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colton
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
The manager probably by now feels bad calling you a liar especially now that they found the cap. Let him have his learnt lesson with dignity. There’s no need for more conflict.
Yeah that's how I'm thinking too. Dude probably had to eat a ton of crow for that phone call. I'll let him sweat it out over the weekend and go in on Monday or Tuesday for it.

Sponsored

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
So just like any chain store you’re going to find idiots working for them. I’ll guarantee they have training that covers taking care of your customers, this guy missed that day of training.
Or....Like someone already said, we now have a culture where it’s ok to lie. If you’re caught, so what, no big deal.
I’d never through every America’s Tire/Discount Tire under the bus for one idiot employee.
Plenty of us have been in business for ourselves for a long, long time. We always have to deal with that one employee that slips through the cracks and makes us look bad. Understand that and move on.
Your biggest disappointment in life will be people.

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
Those kids working there seem to be under great pressure to work fast and I could see how they lost it. Best thing to do is remove anything you value before showing up.
Also, retorque everything after driving home, same reason.
No comment on the lying part. We should all strive to make lying wrong again, lol

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Call me a liar and you better back that crap up buddy! Lol.

Seriously, I would say, “Okay thanks man, for finally acknowledging that you all lost my cap. If you’re willing to address that I would greatly appreciate it...” and then fire off a letter to corporate that the manager initially called me a lot and then compensated me after I produced evidence to support my claim. Hold them accountable, even after they try to CYA. Just think about how many poor little ole ladies have went in there and prob had similar happen and they never knew any different to catch their incompetence.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Call me a liar and you better back that crap up buddy! Lol.
Hello; That is my initial take as well. I would want to do something about such name calling but also get it is not worth actually punching the guy. A call or letter to corporate over the name calling for sure.
That some made up excuses for why the valve cap was lost is a bit of surprise. Sure workers get busy and a small part can get lost as a matter of day to day things that happen, but it is not exactly expected.
It is not the loss of the cap but the name calling and the poor way the situation was handled that is the problem.
Sponsored