DRKHORS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang, '17 Mustang, '18 F150, '23 Mustang GT
@BmacIL

Holy crap... This shifter is AMAZING. I don't experience the jerkiness of the stock shifter and this feels so reinforced to the transmission. The weighted knob paired with it makes shifts feel really solid. I pushed it a bit and the shorter throws are outstanding. I went with the race spec, low-profile if anyone is curious.

I didn't have to adjust my shifter either. It was spot on from MGW with the reverse lockout and hard shifts to 1st and 2nd.

Pics attached of course. If anyone is contemplating this upgrade, absolutely do it with a fluid swap. I feel like I'm driving a different Mustang that's how drastic of a change it feels like and the change is for the better.

Thanks guys for helping along the way too.
Looks good! Congrats!

Besides the solid feel, I think my favorite part may be the 2-3 upshift. Love those centering springs!
Sponsored

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
so I finally came up on an MGW and I am planning on having it put in this week. BG SS II to be delivered monday. I bought the shift used but in great condition. I was just curious even though its not mounted yet, is the travel for a N-1-2 shift supposed to be drastically less then N-5-6? I only ask because I saw the MGW video and how it may come misaligned from production so they show the steps or correcting it. Or will the travel be different once mounted? Thanks

this is an X spec standard by the way.

ckendri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Just an FYI.... It fit perfect without any adjustment when I got it from MGW. I did, however, have to adjust the stop once I blew up my first MT-82 and dropped in a rebuild. The shift pattern was pretty symmetric to my recollection if I’m understanding your question correctly. Are you seeing some sort of discrepancy?

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Just an FYI.... It fit perfect without any adjustment when I got it from MGW. I did, however, have to adjust the stop once I blew up my first MT-82 and dropped in a rebuild. The shift pattern was pretty symmetric to my recollection if I’m understanding your question correctly. Are you seeing some sort of discrepancy?
I assumed it would be aligned if i bought it used vs from factory being that someone would have fixed it if anything before driving it.

but to answer your question yes. trying to measure the travel distance with only 2 hands and a measuring tape, the travel to the right is roughly over an inch and the left travel is less than half an inch on maybe about that but there is an obvious difference. Wasn't sure if that was normal but i really ask because a shop is doing the install so I just want to ask them to make sure that it is correct instead of assuming it is.

BY THE WAY thanks again for the shifter ! lol everything is PERFECT

ckendri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Glad you got it in good condition. UPS always makes me nervous. The only adjustment is for the 1-2 slot, so just make sure you’re happy with the engagement before you leave. Everything else should line up. The 1-2 is simple to adjust, but you do have to pop the shift boot/center console off to do it if you are unhappy with how they set it up. You’ll love the shifter compared to stock. Night and day, and that’s why I bought another one for my TR6060.

Sponsored

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
I will definitely test it out before I leave. Thanks again for everything.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
I will definitely test it out before I leave. Thanks again for everything.
Learn the feel before you go taking off with it. The gating is nice and narrow. It's real easy to find yourself trying to leave in third when you think its in first. Exaggerate the pull to the left before sliding up into first a few times to get the feel. The 2-3 upshift will feel almost like you went back into first until you get used to it. Its the best money can buy. I loved the crap out of my gen 2 I had on my 13 GT M6. Made that car so much fun to drive!

When I traded my 13 in, I pulled the MGW and sold it. I had to drive the car 7 hours to the dealer I had traded it in to for the 14 GT A6 I found. The drive with that stock shifter sucked to be honest after getting spoiled with that MGW. I was never happier to get rid of a car. Enjoy it!

NotMarc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1
so I finally came up on an MGW and I am planning on having it put in this week. BG SS II to be delivered monday. I bought the shift used but in great condition. I was just curious even though its not mounted yet, is the travel for a N-1-2 shift supposed to be drastically less then N-5-6? I only ask because I saw the MGW video and how it may come misaligned from production so they show the steps or correcting it. Or will the travel be different once mounted? Thanks

this is an X spec standard by the way.
I bought my shifter used as well and haven't noticed any difference in the 1-2 gate over the 5-6 gate. The side to side stiffness is something to get used to but it's great.

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Just got my shifter put in by JPC....whhhaaaat..man this thing is nice. driving on my way back to work from the shop it definitely felt different. I see what you guys were saying about having to get used to it especially the push down reverse I have another shift boot coming hopefully by the end of the week and when that comes in I'll reinstall my Raceseng which should help even more. This weekend, I will do the BG fluid swap (BG SS & UG) and from there im sure it will shift like buttahh

Thank again @ckendri for the deal!
25702278-9A82-424F-8EA6-4BF3269983C8.jpeg

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
looks nice. Mine shifted like butter with stock fluid in it. Sure made the car fun. All this shifter reading is making me want to pick up a 13 Boss and feed it some compacted air molecules.

Sponsored

Vegas5OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
I just put an x spec in my 16 with the standard handle. the handle height is still a good bit shorter than the stock shifter is that normal? I was wanting to keep the handle about the same height, other than that the shifter feels amazing.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
^^^ Ask MGW. They can answer all those questions. Their service after the sale is as good as their product.

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
I just put an x spec in my 16 with the standard handle. the handle height is still a good bit shorter than the stock shifter is that normal? I was wanting to keep the handle about the same height, other than that the shifter feels amazing.
That’s what I have. Yes it is supposed to be lower.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
You can get their cylindrical gripper knob, which sits higher and puts the shifter at about the same height as stock. I have one and I really like it. You have to call/email to order.

Vegas5OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
i was thinking about getting the flat stick actually. will that be about the same height
Sponsored