Deciding on an MGW Shifter

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
To be honest, I'm not sure. You'd have to talk to MGW.
Sponsored

ckendri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Just got my shifter put in by JPC....whhhaaaat..man this thing is nice. driving on my way back to work from the shop it definitely felt different. I see what you guys were saying about having to get used to it especially the push down reverse I have another shift boot coming hopefully by the end of the week and when that comes in I'll reinstall my Raceseng which should help even more. This weekend, I will do the BG fluid swap (BG SS & UG) and from there im sure it will shift like buttahh

Thank again @ckendri for the deal!
25702278-9A82-424F-8EA6-4BF3269983C8.jpeg
Glad you like it. I’m dying to get my car back together.... it’s finally been sunny a couple of days, and reading all this makes me jealous.

DRKHORS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang, '17 Mustang, '18 F150, '23 Mustang GT
^^^ Ask MGW. They can answer all those questions. Their service after the sale is as good as their product.
So very true. I couldn't have been more impressed with the service I received after the sale - and that's not something I say lightly or often.

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
I've had the x-spec in 2 of my S550's - this time I did x-spec low profile and it's still plenty high enough. I wish it were slightly lower - but I don't think you can go wrong with either. I wanted flatstick but it wasn't an option for 18 at the time - that may have changed. I think it can look pretty cool with the right handle!

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
So I got the shift boot today and everything together. Without the reverse collar and big hands and the knob sitting lower, I wasn’t comfortable with the grip length so I added a spacer to give me for grip and it’s perfect. Very happy with how everything turned out
E1B601E9-0DD6-4E15-BCF2-BC08B31EBE63.jpeg

Sponsored

ckendri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
^ looking good!!

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Quick question....I know I read months ago that trans mounted shifters will cause more vibration. So because of that, should I expect that as I accelerate above 4.5k rpms I will feel more vibration? I dont mind it but I am asking just so I know its usual and to confirm the install was done right even though nothing else is alarming me otherwise.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
If installed correctly, you will not experience any extra vibration. I did not notice any with mine

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Quick question....I know I read months ago that trans mounted shifters will cause more vibration. So because of that, should I expect that as I accelerate above 4.5k rpms I will feel more vibration? I dont mind it but I am asking just so I know its usual and to confirm the install was done right even though nothing else is alarming me otherwise.
The only vibration you will notice is the vibration (inaudible) of the shifter itself, now being connected to the powertrain. The rest of the car will be unchanged in that regard.

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
That’s what I thought. It doesn’t cause any noise and shifting is better of course but I can feel it in the knob as the tach climbs

Sponsored

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Oh and also somewhat when I’m engine braking.

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
So I got the shift boot today and everything together. Without the reverse collar and big hands and the knob sitting lower, I wasn’t comfortable with the grip length so I added a spacer to give me for grip and it’s perfect. Very happy with how everything turned out
E1B601E9-0DD6-4E15-BCF2-BC08B31EBE63.jpeg
Glad you like it! It's a world of difference, eh?

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Glad you like it! It's a world of difference, eh?
Huge difference! Can’t wait to switch out the trans fluid tomorrow then I’ll really see what the hype is about.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Huge difference! Can’t wait to switch out the trans fluid tomorrow then I’ll really see what the hype is about.
It's completely worth it!

DRKHORS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang, '17 Mustang, '18 F150, '23 Mustang GT
That’s what I thought. It doesn’t cause any noise and shifting is better of course but I can feel it in the knob as the tach climbs
Yeah its not just you. I experience the same thing when over 3500-4000rpm. I'm sure not all cars do it, and some people are simply more perceptive to it. But the way this shifter feels and shifts, it's a tradeoff I'll take over that stock unit any day!
Sponsored