Sponsored

December 2017 Mustang Sales

edco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007GT & 2017V6_ great Steeda & AM mods
January 3, 2018
Mustang sales (YoY) were up 9.2 percent last month, with 7,714 units sold.
Camaro sales (YoY) decreased 45.69 percent last month to 3,802 units sold.

A 3912 unit trouncing. The trouncing part is bigger than the monthly Camaro total. When Camaro leads a month, the camaro6G site features it as top story; “Camaro takes sales crown for second month...blah blah blah.” When Camaro trails a sales month, camaro6g.com does not report the figures; nada, nothing, irrelevant, ‘who cares about sales anyway.” Which is it for sales, News or not News?
If the answer is News, then for Camaro it is bad News.
“All you want to do is ride around Sally, ride Sally ride” Wilson Pickett
V6_oct2017.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
January 3, 2018
Mustang sales (YoY) were up 9.2 percent last month, with 7,714 units sold.
Camaro sales (YoY) decreased 45.69 percent last month to 3,802 units sold.

A 3912 unit trouncing. The trouncing part is bigger than the monthly Camaro total. When Camaro leads a month, the camaro6G site features it as top story; “Camaro takes sales crown for second month...blah blah blah.” When Camaro trails a sales month, camaro6g.com does not report the figures; nada, nothing, irrelevant, ‘who cares about sales anyway.” Which is it for sales, News or not News?
If the answer is News, then for Camaro it is bad News.
“All you want to do is ride around Sally, ride Sally ride” Wilson Pickett
Haha that's true. Whenever the Camaro doesn't make it to #1 it never makes it to the front page and the threads die fast. Back in OCT there were like four threads on there celebrating like they won the super bowl :eek::first::eek:

Sales don't really matter though but it is funny to see the failed platform sell so well when the Camaro should be outselling multiple times over. I don't think offering a cheaper entry point would help much like GM is trying to do. I am not sure what they really could do.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Haha that's true. Whenever the Camaro doesn't make it to #1 it never makes it to the front page and the threads die fast. Back in OCT there were like four threads on there celebrating like they won the super bowl :eek::first::eek:

Sales don't really matter though but it is funny to see the failed platform sell so well when the Camaro should be outselling multiple times over. I don't think offering a cheaper entry point would help much like GM is trying to do. I am not sure what they really could do.
Redesign so people can live with it every day (beltline height and shape, rear seat space, trunk opening and volume, vents that blow at the shifter and not your face), lower base price (decontent equivalent Perf Pack out of 1SS).

LowcountryMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
Imagine what Jan/Feb 2018 numbers will be when they deliver on the retail orders.

Sponsored

Vernichtung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Redesign so people can live with it every day (beltline height and shape, rear seat space, trunk opening and volume, vents that blow at the shifter and not your face), lower base price (decontent equivalent Perf Pack out of 1SS).
Agreed. The sixth-generation Camaro definitely has the performance credentials; the every day livability quotient, however, does not exist IMO.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
This is why the next gen has been postponed. Another outstanding year for the S550.

Spirit Of Fire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Faster Horse
The visibility issue is why I am not driving a Camaro right now. I am not sure why GM is persistent about keeping that terrible design.

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
The visibility issue is why I am not driving a Camaro right now. I am not sure why GM is persistent about keeping that terrible design.
They don't want to spend any money on their sales turkey. :D

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase

Dinosoar

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dinosoarmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mustang GT (Track Car Only); 2019 Jetta GLI
Vehicle Showcase
Mopar beat Chevy with a very much older car.
You forgot to add heavier and slower!

Goes to show pure performance numbers (for which the 'maro wins) doesn't sell all on its own. Which is a shame, I guess, being the purist that I am. Oh well, suck it Chevy!
:ford:

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
You forgot to add heavier and slower!

Goes to show pure performance numbers (for which the 'maro wins) doesn't sell all on its own. Which is a shame, I guess, being the purist that I am. Oh well, suck it Chevy!
:ford:
Truth.
I've often said the Vette was the better car when compared to the Shelby Cobra.
Performance wise, the Cobra is the better car. The Cobra is also a car you cannot live with.
Same goes for the Mustang vs camaro.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
When will Chevy learn that the general public cares more about visibility than going slightly faster? Coming from someone who used to be a die hard Camaro owner, I was pretty disappointed. Give me my modern day F-body 2002 Camaro SS again.
Sponsored