Sponsored

Deatschwerks X2 Series Fuel Hat

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Looking to upgrade my fuel system and curious if anyone has gone with that system?

https://www.deatschwerks.com/blog/introducing-deatschwerks-x2-series-mustang-module

Seems to be everything I need but just looking for feedback for anyone who's gone with it, thanks!
Deatschwerks makes a great product but that's far from everything you need to have a complete system. Wiring, Lines, Filter, Fittings, rails, regulator and assembly are all separate.

If you're looking at a complete that comes with everything you need you'll definitely want to take a look at the systems we offer. These are very popular and proven system in the mustang community. We take the guess work out of it for you to help make life easier. Let us know if you have any questions and we'll be glad to assist you.

Thanks!

https://www.lethalperformance.com/s...fuel-delivery/fuel-systems/lethal-performance
lp-fs-s550return.jpg

OP
OP
imrex613

imrex613

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Deatschwerks makes a great product but that's far from everything you need to have a complete system. Wiring, Lines, Filter, Fittings, rails, regulator and assembly are all separate.

If you're looking at a complete that comes with everything you need you'll definitely want to take a look at the systems we offer. These are very popular and proven system in the mustang community. We take the guess work out of it for you to help make life easier. Let us know if you have any questions and we'll be glad to assist you.

Thanks!

https://www.lethalperformance.com/s...fuel-delivery/fuel-systems/lethal-performance
lp-fs-s550return.jpg

Obviously this isn't everything I need and my question wasn't what other systems are out there. I am asking specially about this hat as my post stated.

With that being said still just curious who has one of these, thanks!!

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I looked hard at the X2. In the end, I'm pretty set on the Radium hanger/hat because of some other features. The DW will accommodate 39 mm casings and 46 mm casings. (with their insert for the smaller 39 mm pumps). The Radium hat has an improved ball check valve and also a better venture/jet syphon (to use the return feed to draw from the passive side).

If you have questions, give DW a call (I've spoken many times with Dakota), they're awesome and very supportive.

They also sell complete kits (as an add on) for plumbing as well.

Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Obviously this isn't everything I need and my question wasn't what other systems are out there. I am asking specially about this hat as my post stated.

With that being said still just curious who has one of these, thanks!!
Lol. The sales machine never stops running....

AZ_whippleS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT
Looking to upgrade my fuel system and curious if anyone has gone with that system?

https://www.deatschwerks.com/blog/introducing-deatschwerks-x2-series-mustang-module

Seems to be everything I need but just looking for feedback for anyone who's gone with it, thanks!
So I have spoken to DW a fair amount about this system and I absolutely think it will be the way I go. They sell the lines regulator and fittings as a separate part the only thing they do not have is a wiring setup however I was told it was being worked on. I do believe some companies sell dual pump wiring harnesses so I’m not too worried about that. I have seen too many people on this forum and other places with fuel systems that have supply issues with low fuel levels I really like the oem bucket and siphon feature are maintained.

Spoolingitup

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 TT vert, 2011 GT vert, 1991 5.0 vert,1970 M1
View attachment 487555 View attachment 487555
So I have spoken to DW a fair amount about this system and I absolutely think it will be the way I go. They sell the lines regulator and fittings as a separate part the only thing they do not have is a wiring setup however I was told it was being worked on. I do believe some companies sell dual pump wiring harnesses so I’m not too worried about that. I have seen too many people on this forum and other places with fuel systems that have supply issues with low fuel levels I really like the oem bucket and siphon feature are maintained.
I just received my plug and play dual pump kit from VMP and they just switched to the DW X2 with 400’s. It’s a nice kit and went on smooth using the DW and VMP instructions/videos.
D6909747-82D1-44C7-A8D5-ED19E3513FD1.jpeg
B077B050-29E3-4C63-95AB-CC1B4805DB41.jpeg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT

Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Twin dw 400 can handle 1300 hp Its a really nice kit.. for those of you making less Then 1300hp get the twin dw-300’s which can handle 1000 hp.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Twin dw 400 can handle 1300 hp Its a really nice kit.. for those of you making less Then 1300hp get the twin dw-300’s which can handle 1000 hp.
Crank hp? Maybe if you spin them hard. Definitely wouldn't try either of those with rwhp without a booster.

1000 bhp on a blown E85 setup is roughly 512 lph. 1300 bhp (blown E85) is roughly 666 lph.

The 400's (at 13.5v) will flow roughly 350 lph at 75 psi (50 or 55 base + system backpressure).
The 300's (at 13.5v) will flow roughly 290 lph at 70 psi. (50 or 55 base + system backpressure).

Keep in mind one of the pumps has to run the syphon (Radium estimates about 40 lph loss) and both have overflow requirements from the wasted return line. So you're talking 50-100 lph just to pay the bills and then injector consumption after that. You can run the syphon off the return line, but the draw from the passive tank is gonna suffer and be much slower. Even at 40 lph, if you make a long hard left turn, and most of your fuel moves to the passenger side, that means about 15 minutes + to move 1/4 tank back to the other side.

You can spin them harder and improve the output significantly and I like that DW actually under reports their pump voltage thresholds.

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
Crank hp? Maybe if you spin them hard. Definitely wouldn't try either of those with rwhp without a booster.

1000 bhp on a blown E85 setup is roughly 512 lph. 1300 bhp (blown E85) is roughly 666 lph.

The 400's (at 13.5v) will flow roughly 350 lph at 75 psi (50 or 55 base + system backpressure).
The 300's (at 13.5v) will flow roughly 290 lph at 70 psi. (50 or 55 base + system backpressure).

Keep in mind one of the pumps has to run the syphon (Radium estimates about 40 lph loss) and both have overflow requirements from the wasted return line. So you're talking 50-100 lph just to pay the bills and then injector consumption after that. You can run the syphon off the return line, but the draw from the passive tank is gonna suffer and be much slower. Even at 40 lph, if you make a long hard left turn, and most of your fuel moves to the passenger side, that means about 15 minutes + to move 1/4 tank back to the other side.

You can spin them harder and improve the output significantly and I like that DW actually under reports their pump voltage thresholds.
What do you think of the return fuel system that Rodeheaver's Hotrod Shop offers for around $1,300 for a 2017 mustang stage 2 whipple with ID1050X Injectors?Drag Race Only

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
What do you think of the return fuel system that Rodeheaver's Hotrod Shop offers for around $1,300 for a 2017 mustang stage 2 whipple with ID1050X Injectors?Drag Race Only
Not that familiar, but looks like a sup'd up returnless system, which is kinda where I think the market may eventually turn once the brushless become mainstream. I could be wrong, but doesn't appear to have a return line (and mentions something about transition to wide open power with a reference to the throttle position).

You can boost twin 350 pumps to run whatever to the limits of what the tuners will do on 93. It's once you get into E85 and the flow rates jump by 30% that it starts to become an issue that current returnless sytems can't really support. Having a return line simplifies things for the tuner and can also more easily reference boost pressure. But it's not impossible.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Just shy of 2k for everything, 2600 with 18 ported intake and harness.
Glad to see you finally got your kit. i know from previous posts you were going on 3 months wait time. Did you change it over to Dw or did vmp just replace their original kit with Dw?
Sponsored