OP
Braski

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
And I'd appreciate a rear seat delete option for Base cars...
Exactly, I spoke to a friend who owns a Lexus dealership... and they haven't sold a car 'This Month'! Ugh... this is gonna be a rough ride for many.

But if Ford could add a 'backseat' option for the CFTP car for 2021, I'd be appreciative. ;)

Best regards,
Dave
Looks like you guys could be in a win-win situation!:thumbsup:
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Exactly, I spoke to a friend who owns a Lexus dealership... and they haven't sold a car 'This Month'! Ugh... this is gonna be a rough ride for many.

But if Ford could add a 'backseat' option for the CFTP car for 2021, I'd be appreciative. ;)

Best regards,
Dave
You are back in Dave?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Hate to burst anyones bubble, but I own car dealerships... and we are still selling cars. My buddy just sold a gt500 at $105,000 on Saturday. Had to meet the guy outside and deliver it to his house with everything going on but demand is still there.
And I've got a friend who hasn't sold a car in 5 days.

Best regards,
Dave
Same here, Tom, my guys are hurting. Demand down here at least has definitely declined.
@Abomination
It’s not if, it’s when - COVID19 is closing in and be prepared when your State Govt implements a shut down of non-essential business. This map isn’t promising with daily increases in reported cases.
https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

And even if your Dealerships are not “closed” if not falling into a non-essential category, you will be impacted when Customers are not showing due to being told to stay home AND IF State wide curfews are put into place. Policing in some States is being implemented to keep people off the roads IF they don’t have valid reasons for being out and about (ie: needing to go to pharmacy or grocery store, hospital, doctors appt., etc)... Non-essential Businesses are being told to close and have employees telecommute if possible (those that are fortunate enough to do so are lucky to keep their jobs).

Not trying to burst your bubble, but expect loss of in-store traffic and sales within the upcoming weeks.

edmd007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R, 20 GT500 Iconic CFTP
Anyone who doesn't think demand for everything non essential will decline is just being foolish. The true affects of this pandemic will not be felt for months and while the "giverment" is signing an X trillion dollar package, people are not going to be as willing to spend over the next several months to several years. There is a psychological component to "the economy" that will come into play and will affect everything from how people vacation to their other discretionary spending.

Sponsored

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone who doesn't think demand for everything non essential will decline is just being foolish. The true affects of this pandemic will not be felt for months and while the "giverment" is signing an X trillion dollar package, people are not going to be as willing to spend over the next several months to several years. There is a psychological component to "the economy" that will come into play and will affect everything from how people vacation to their other discretionary spending.
Agreed, all my major purchases have been put on hold.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
While I agree with the whole "free money" thing to an extent for certain individuals who really need it (i.e. not me), I don't think sending out checks is the right approach. They need to send out debit cards with some sort of expiration date so the money is actually spent, and not just dumped into an account. The latter does nothing for the economy.

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
While I agree with the whole "free money" thing to an extent for certain individuals who really need it (i.e. not me), I don't think sending out checks is the right approach. They need to send out debit cards with some sort of expiration date so the money is actually spent, and not just dumped into an account. The latter does nothing for the economy.
You are correct, some will just bank the money, but I would bet a sawbuck that majority will be spent as most are living on credit cards and pay check to pay check.

just my 0.02 cents

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
so the money is actually spent, and not just dumped into an account. The latter does nothing for the economy.
I'm one of those people who will buy gold with it. But I do like the debit card idea. But just like WIC cards are abused to high heaven to buy unauthorized items (booze, drugs) this too will have unforeseen consequences.

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Buying booze still supports segments of the legal economy . . . brick & mortar stores, transportation, breweries/vineyards/distilleries, growing of the raw materials . . .

Norm

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.
I am still buying my GT500 once it gets built. I understand closing the factory for worker safety but the additional wait is not fun.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
@Abomination
It’s not if, it’s when - COVID19 is closing in and be prepared when your State Govt implements a shut down of non-essential business. This map isn’t promising with daily increases in reported cases.
https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

And even if your Dealerships are not “closed” if not falling into a non-essential category, you will be impacted when Customers are not showing due to being told to stay home AND IF State wide curfews are put into place. Policing in some States is being implemented to keep people off the roads IF they don’t have valid reasons for being out and about (ie: needing to go to pharmacy or grocery store, hospital, doctors appt., etc)... Non-essential Businesses are being told to close and have employees telecommute if possible (those that are fortunate enough to do so are lucky to keep their jobs).

Not trying to burst your bubble, but expect loss of in-store traffic and sales within the upcoming weeks.
eh, I’m pretty sure he is full of shit. All three friends I have working at dealerships, 2 sales one tech, have had adjustments or been “let go”. One that was let go was saying they were not pushing a car a day on average. The other his dad is a sales manager and they were sitting around. I believe they closed now but he hasn’t confirmed. My friend that’s a tech said nothing new has come in really, they are catching up on back log of work.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
I'm one of those people who will buy gold with it. But I do like the debit card idea. But just like WIC cards are abused to high heaven to buy unauthorized items (booze, drugs) this too will have unforeseen consequences.
I doubt anyone on this thread looking to buy a GT 500 is getting a check . Except of course if they are a small(or big ) business owner .

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I doubt anyone on this thread looking to buy a GT 500 is getting a check . Except of course if they are a small(or big ) business owner .
No check for me.....

I'm out

Sponsored