Dealers willing to make deal!

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Since I'm the OP, I thought I'd report back to this thread on what I decided to do. Obviously with plant shutdowns it's only going to push back deliveries and may even help the dealers retain their ability to mark up the msrp on the GT 500. I would of been willing to buy the GT 500 if I could of got a msrp deal allocation or just go to the dealer and pay msrp for one sitting on the show room floor optioned out exactly the way I want it but obviously that's not going to happen any time soon. Hopefully FORD realizes there is some opportunities that they could take advantage of and structure their business in a way that their customers can actually buy their vehicles. Any way it came down to a new GT 350/R or a new C7 GS/Zo6 because they all offer a manual and until the GT 500, I never considered an auto . All of these cars are great and have been on my radar for years. But at the end of the day I went with the C7 because even though I'd prefer a back seat I was really drawn to a completely different platform. It was a tough choice to decide on which C7 to go with but I ended up with a GS that was optioned out perfectly and the dealer was willing to make a deal! As I mentioned before congratulations to all of you who did and will be taking delivery! I'm sure at some point I will be back in a mustang wether it's a GT 500 or whatever that may be coming out with the next generation. I'll still be floating around here until I get some wheels sold and stock parts given away. Also I will chime in on threads that are relivant with my experience. Just to add I'm not sure why corvettes are known for old guys because this somewhat young guy definitely gives the mustang the win for getting in and out of! Best wishes to all!
Congratulations! Enjoy the car and stay safe out there. Interesting times right now.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Braski

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Couldn't be happier for you, add a Maggie or Edelbrock on one of those GS and they fly :sunglasses:
I'm sure they would turn it up a notch but I'm not looking to heavily modify this ride because I went into this with slim to none drag strip use in mind. I'm looking more for a track focused vehicle that I can enjoy on the river hills of Lancaster county! Of course I said "I will NEVER buy another black car" and I just proved that to be a lie!:cwl:

edmd007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R, 20 GT500 Iconic CFTP
There are 12 GT500's available on ebay right now. Given this "economy" these minimum 80k cars will not hold ADM IMO. The market for "non essentials" , also IMO, will decrease. As the year progresses, I think the production numbers will hold and as 2021 hits, there will be many more available.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
There are 12 GT500's available on ebay right now. Given this "economy" these minimum 80k cars will not hold ADM IMO. The market for "non essentials" , also IMO, will decrease. As the year progresses, I think the production numbers will hold and as 2021 hits, there will be many more available.
newsflash, 2021 production isn't too far off

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Yeah, wishful thinking. Production numbers will indeed be affected for 2020. And I don't see those that actually have one, dealer or otherwise, looking to give them away. The limited supply is definitely in the seller's favor. That assumes, of course, that the seller has plenty of toilet paper.

Sponsored

Abomination

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Hate to burst anyones bubble, but I own car dealerships... and we are still selling cars. My buddy just sold a gt500 at $105,000 on Saturday. Had to meet the guy outside and deliver it to his house with everything going on but demand is still there.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Hate to burst anyones bubble, but I own car dealerships... and we are still selling cars. My buddy just sold a gt500 at $105,000 on Saturday. Had to meet the guy outside and deliver it to his house with everything going on but demand is still there.
And I've got a friend who hasn't sold a car in 5 days.

Nolimits88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500 2020 TO GT500 2021 GT500 CARBON PKG
Yeah, wishful thinking. Production numbers will indeed be affected for 2020. And I don't see those that actually have one, dealer or otherwise, looking to give them away. The limited supply is definitely in the seller's favor. That assumes, of course, that the seller has plenty of toilet paper.
Or the buyer has enough cash after all of this. If this continues on the minds of many will no longer be thinking of buying anything let a lone a brand new vehicle. I sell brand new Subaru's and up to our closure today, we still had buyers but will quickly change imo which sucks.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
newsflash, 2021 production isn't too far off
Yeah, the 2021 MY is coming fast.

The wait will continue for me. Need to see what the whole virus thing brings as a whole before I buy anything of consequence.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Since I'm the OP, I thought I'd report back to this thread on what I decided to do.

Any way it came down to a new GT 350/R or a new C7 GS/Zo6 because they all offer a manual and until the GT 500, I never considered an auto . All of these cars are great and have been on my radar for years. But at the end of the day I went with the C7 because even though I'd prefer a back seat I was really drawn to a completely different platform.
Glad things worked out for you. I've always liked them, too, but they were always just out of comfortable reach. I have driven a couple, most recently a 7th gen Z51. Not very far at all, but very enthusiastically at NJMP. It's a very impressive car.

Just to add I'm not sure why corvettes are known for old guys because this somewhat young guy definitely gives the mustang the win for getting in and out of! Best wishes to all!
It's partly a matter of not needing full practicality in every car (you're either an empty-nester already or you're soon to be one) and partly as a reward to yourself for approaching the end of your career mostly intact. It's not true in every case, but common enough to be the general perception. Be safe, enjoy your C7, and don't let any perceived image of Corvette ownership bother you.

Norm

Sponsored
OP
OP
Braski

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Glad things worked out for you. I've always liked them, too, but they were always just out of comfortable reach. I have driven a couple, most recently a 7th gen Z51. Not very far at all, but very enthusiastically at NJMP. It's a very impressive car.

It's partly a matter of not needing full practicality in every car (you're either an empty-nester already or you're soon to be one) and partly as a reward to yourself for approaching the end of your career mostly intact. It's not true in every case, but common enough to be the general perception. Be safe, enjoy your C7, and don't let any perceived image of Corvette ownership bother you.

Norm
Thanks for your post Norm, I always enjoyed your input. I'm actually still fairly young but my kids are old enough now to walk home from the bus stop. On rainy days I will still be there waiting in my truck!

SCCA Racer #75

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 on order, 2019 GT3RS, 2002 C5 Z06
And I've got a friend who hasn't sold a car in 5 days.
Exactly, I spoke to a friend who owns a Lexus dealership... and they haven't sold a car 'This Month'! Ugh... this is gonna be a rough ride for many.

But if Ford could add a 'backseat' option for the CFTP car for 2021, I'd be appreciative. ;)

Best regards,
Dave

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
And I'd appreciate a rear seat delete option for Base cars...