Sponsored

Dealer crashed my car

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I should be able to get my deposit on the car back since it was a dealer error for me not getting it, correct?
Tell them if they can't give you a car that is equivalent or better for ZERO added cost that you want your deposit back and your going to find one someplace else.

It's the end of the model year and some dealers are blowing the 2015s off the lot with huge discounts.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Raoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Audi a4, 2015 Mustang GT
Tell them if they can't give you a car that is equivalent or better for ZERO added cost that you want your deposit back and your going to find one someplace else.

It's the end of the model year and some dealers are blowing the 2015s off the lot with huge discounts.
I found a car 3200ish below MSRP from another dealer already, I just want my deposit back so I can get rolling on that.

RemoteSenses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 RR
If you can't get a massive deal, tell them you want your deposit back and that you're walking. I'd also give them less than a week to find what you're looking for.

This is a huge blow. I'd be so pissed off knowing I was going to pick up my brand new car in just a few hours, right before the weekend, only to find out they completely screwed up and wrecked the thing. Accidents happen, but come on. Those guys should be driving extra careful and I would bet you since it's a Mustang, they were driving like assholes.

I wish they actually shipped them on a truck. Luckily mine only had to travel about 100 miles and came to me with no issues.

OP
OP

Raoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you can't get a massive deal, tell them you want your deposit back and that you're walking. I'd also give them less than a week to find what you're looking for.

This is a huge blow. I'd be so pissed off knowing I was going to pick up my brand new car in just a few hours, right before the weekend, only to find out they completely screwed up and wrecked the thing. Accidents happen, but come on. Those guys should be driving extra careful and I would bet you since it's a Mustang, they were driving like assholes.

I wish they actually shipped them on a truck. Luckily mine only had to travel about 100 miles and came to me with no issues.
Yeah! They should treat the cars with some respect. Even more so if it's already agreed to a customer. It sounds like the other dealer didn't give a crap, and the person who drove it over to my dealer messed up. But no way in hell am I buying a car that's already had an accident.

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
It's stories like this that make me wish I could just order straight from Ford and have it drop shipped to me from Michigan.

Sponsored

Dark Horse GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Black PP
I feel for you! With all this trouble I would not settle for anything less than exactly what you want. Good luck!

Iceman2733

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
This is funny you tell you. As I was test driving mine with my friend and the salesman. The salesman begins to tell us a story about taking a GT500 out and doing a big burn out and than getting on it hard and about loosing it. This is as he was making a sale and telling a person buying a car. We both couldn't believe it, I didn't think stuff like that really happened. Well it does, I will never return to this dealership. These guys don't care it is not there cars and they can't afford them for the most part so they don't care to go out and beat on them and tear them up. It is very sad, have u seen pics of said wreck?

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Sorry for your misfortune but let me share some information with you.

My father works for a local GM dealership driving cars for them. The dealership will call him often to make dealer trades on used and even brand new vehicles. Every once in a while they will send him and another person to pick up a vehicle at another dealer to take it to his dealer for someone just like you who has requested your dealer to find the car you want on another dealer's lot. Technically you didn't "order" your car. You had your dealer search for the one you wanted. Not to get sidetracked. It is very possible that it may not have been the fault of the driver bringing it back to your dealership. I have had my Dad tell me stories of of almost getting into an accident in a brand new car through no fault of his own. He has made trips of up to 1000 miles to bring vehicles back to the dealership for customers. I have also had him tell me stories of other drivers damaging a vehicle on the return trip as well. It very well could be the case. My father is very professional, he is retired and does this for "fun" and the extra income. He is in his mid 70's and has also told me sometimes they will hire gentlemen as old as 90 years old to make some of these dealer trades and runs. From the sounds of it there was an accident with a driver on the way back to your dealership. It could have been some one hot-dogging it at the dealership but I doubt they tell you.

Now for my advice. Don't settle. The dealer should be bending over backwards to satisfy your needs. If they don't request your deposit back and find someone else. Sorry for your misfortune and best wishes my friend. :)

OP
OP

Raoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry for your misfortune but let me share some information with you.

My father works for a local GM dealership driving cars for them. The dealership will call him often to make dealer trades on used and even brand new vehicles. Every once in a while they will send him and another person to pick up a vehicle at another dealer to take it to his dealer for someone just like you who has requested your dealer to find the car you want on another dealer's lot. Technically you didn't "order" your car. You had your dealer search for the one you wanted. Not to get sidetracked. It is very possible that it may not have been the fault of the driver bringing it back to your dealership. I have had my Dad tell me stories of of almost getting into an accident in a brand new car through no fault of his own. He has made trips of up to 1000 miles to bring vehicles back to the dealership for customers. I have also had him tell me stories of other drivers damaging a vehicle on the return trip as well. It very well could be the case. My father is very professional, he is retired and does this for "fun" and the extra income. He is in his mid 70's and has also told me sometimes they will hire gentlemen as old as 90 years old to make some of these dealer trades and runs. From the sounds of it there was an accident with a driver on the way back to your dealership. It could have been some one hot-dogging it at the dealership but I doubt they tell you.

Now for my advice. Don't settle. The dealer should be bending over backwards to satisfy your needs. If they don't request your deposit back and find someone else. Sorry for your misfortune and best wishes my friend. :)
Thank you for the information! And I am not even angry or anything. I understand accidents happen, even before the cars are owned sometimes. But I just wanna get my car haha. This is a blessing in disguise. I'm gonna get a better car, in the actual color I wanted, and I might even pay less in taxes because of where I will be buying the car compared to here. 7% tax rate compared to 7.4%

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Thank you for the information! And I am not even angry or anything. I understand accidents happen, even before the cars are owned sometimes. But I just wanna get my car haha. This is a blessing in disguise. I'm gonna get a better car, in the actual color I wanted, and I might even pay less in taxes because of where I will be buying the car compared to here. 7% tax rate compared to 7.4%
Sounds good. Let us know what you go with and lots of pictures when you get it home. :)

Sponsored

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Taxes are based on where you are registering the car, not where you buy the car. If that were the case I'd drive to DE Everytime I bought a car and pay 0 in taxes.

B.Crowder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White 2015 Mustang GT Prem. M/T
Here is a story you might have missed from a couple of months ago:

McLaren Dealer Employee Crashes Brand New 650S with Steering Wheel Still Wrapped in Plastic

Way back in the day, I worked for an Audi dealership prepping the cars for delivery. Our facility was a couple minutes drive from the main showroom. I remember we had one guy who would abuse the heck out of the cars while shuttling them back and forth; revving the piss out of the engine on start-up, dropping the clutch on take-off, etc. He was eventually fired, but I imagine a lot of customers would have been really upset if they know how their brand new cars were treated.

Anthony 5pt0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6spd
try Tower Ford on Long Island... very nice people.. not a large dealer so everyone that buys something is priority to them... see a guy Mr. Whimps, nice man

Must_have_stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
new mustang gt

Here is a local mitsubishi salesman crashed an evo last year on his lunch break abusing a dealer's car for sale

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Did they tell you what the extent of the damage was? I'd go troll the lot until I found it.
Sponsored