Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
In the evening sun.

20230124_171840.jpg
Cool picture, looks like thereā€™s some blue in there especially by the rear quarter window. Neat color, Thatā€™s the only one of the new for 2022 colors I havenā€™t seen in person yet.

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
When I come out of a store and look down the parking row at all of the white, silver, gray and black cars, SUVs and trucks, I can instantly spot my Velocity Blue Mustang. I love that. You all can argue between Magnetic, Carbonized Gray, Dark Matter Gray, Shadow Black and any other achromatic shades of gray you like. I'll keep mine. :clap:
Could not agree more... It blows my mind how many people love boring ass colors, even on fun cars.

But I'll take the beauty, uniqueness, and not to mention increased resale value of my grabber yellow every day. Color makes us happier and more creative. It's a shame people stigmatize it.

*No offense to those of you who like boring colors. I just think you're everything that's wrong with the world is all. šŸ˜œ

Sponsored

reb0urne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium Dark Matter Gray
Could not agree more... It blows my mind how many people love boring ass colors, even on fun cars.

But I'll take the beauty, uniqueness, and not to mention increased resale value of my grabber yellow every day. Color makes us happier and more creative. It's a shame people stigmatize it.

*No offense to those of you who like boring colors. I just think you're everything that's wrong with the world is all. šŸ˜œ
To each their own, but loud bright colored cars with the exception of red get boring and don't fare to age well.

Grabber lime is very nice to look at, but I don't see myself driving it.- Hence might get old to look at the color every day.

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To each their own, but loud bright colored cars with the exception of red get boring and don't fare to age well.

Grabber lime is very nice to look at, but I don't see myself driving it.- Hence might get old to look at the color every day.
It blows my mind that someone could call yellow or orange or green or purple "boring" while liking gray. I could understand if you just didn't like looking at it. Certain colors may be offensive to some [of the weak minded, hah], but it most certainly is not boring... But as you said, to each their own, I suppose.

Last edited:

reb0urne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It blows my mind that someone could call yellow or orange or blue or purple "boring" while liking gray. I could understand if you just didn't like looking at it. Certain colors may be offensive to some [of the weak minded, hah], but it most certainly is not boring... But as you said, to each their own, I suppose.
I should've rephrased it better. Bright colors are not boring- but may get tiring and boring to look at all the time for such a striking color.

My statement that bright colored cars don't age as well as dark colored cars is still true. 67 Shelby or 69 Mach 1, it's the muted colors that stand the test of time. I like red, and I'll throw that color in there too.

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I should've rephrased it better. Bright colors are not boring- but may get tiring and boring to look at all the time for such a striking color.

My statement that bright colored cars don't age as well as dark colored cars is still true. 67 Shelby or 69 Mach 1, it's the muted colors that stand the test of time. I like red, and I'll throw that color in there too.
Right, I understand, and I still think that's a strange thing to believe. If yellow is boring or tiring to look at after a while, how is gray not? "Tiring" I guess I could maybe see... but I again think that would require you to just not have liked the color much in the first place.

I disagree strongly about aging, though. I think almost every car from every era looks better with some pop. And there's a reason that brighter colors very frequently have better resale value (if only slightly).

I very much like red, too, FWIW. So at least we agree on something lol. I've had red cars, but I generally like to get a different color with almost every purchase.

reb0urne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

no rest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 mustang gt Premium pp mag ride a10
I love bright colour vehicles last one being lime green jeep. twister orange, grabber blue would of been my first choice. but I like the dark matter its different. now I would never buy a dark green or a yellow banana either. to each their own I guess. if everyone liked the same colours how boring would that be.

Last edited:

PIsenhour

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium Dark Matter Gray Metallic
Cool picture, looks like thereā€™s some blue in there especially by the rear quarter window. Neat color, Thatā€™s the only one of the new for 2022 colors I havenā€™t seen in person yet.
This is my first grey colored car and DMG does give off some different colors depending on the light. I had it ceramic coated a few weeks ago and that seems to bring the color out even more.

PIsenhour

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium Dark Matter Gray Metallic

I've had red and I've had blue, but wanted something different and DMG was different. Color is a choice and is some cases an opinion. To each his own, regardless of the color it's still a Mustang.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
This is my first grey colored car and DMG does give off some different colors depending on the light. I had it ceramic coated a few weeks ago and that seems to bring the color out even more.
Nice to see Ford gave some of these ā€œplainā€ colors some personality. Very cool, enjoy it!

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've had red and I've had blue, but wanted something different and DMG was different. Color is a choice and is some cases an opinion. To each his own, regardless of the color it's still a Mustang.
I know, I'm not actually that upset lol. I do legitimately wish more people liked brighter colors, as I really think we'd all be better off for it, but I know it's a trivial thing to be very concerned about. At least we're all supporting fun cars, which are dying at almost as fast of a rate as fun colors!
Sponsored