Sponsored

Bobby4v

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium
Question for all my fellow Dark Matter owners, anyone paint their calipers yet. Want to give some contrast to the paint but unsure what color to go with. Definitely not red, im considering a dark purple or possibly yellow.
Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Question for all my fellow Dark Matter owners, anyone paint their calipers yet. Want to give some contrast to the paint but unsure what color to go with. Definitely not red, im considering a dark purple or possibly yellow.
What I think would look cool if you can find the color in high temp paint is the black rose color that Chevy put on the C7 Vette back in 2017.

Brisvegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
Dark Matter Grey '23 GT Mustang , 1976 SS Torana
I am going to do a metallic wild violet with white lettering on the Brembo calipers on my DMG GT with Silver wheels

Bobby4v

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium
What I think would look cool if you can find the color in high temp paint is the black rose color that Chevy put on the C7 Vette back in 2017.
This is what im thinking of going with, that color would look really good in contrast to the grey

ezracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 DIB Mustang GT Premium.
When I come out of a store and look down the parking row at all of the white, silver, gray and black cars, SUVs and trucks, I can instantly spot my Velocity Blue Mustang. I love that. You all can argue between Magnetic, Carbonized Gray, Dark Matter Gray, Shadow Black and any other achromatic shades of gray you like. I'll keep mine. :clap:

I tend to agree. I'd say that in Merry-Land, 9 out of 10 6th gen. "Stangs I see are not only Ecos, but 9 out of 10 are some sort of dark gray with "BLACK" wheels. At least put on some nice polished Alloy wheels for a little bling. It's mostly Mustang and Challenger buyers with the dark cars. A lot of Camaros I see are brighter colors. I've also noticed that apparently stripes are not popular.

Many higher end sports cars I see are bright. Yellow and Red Corvettes, Lambos, Bugatti's , Shelbys and such.

Even most new truck buyers I see are buying black or dark gray trucks with black wheels. Maybe it's a reflection of the dark economic times? Dunno. Boring!!

Now, if a dark colored car is kept really clean they are beautiful, but most that I see are dirty. I'll keep mine. :rockon:

Sponsored

CrazyHippie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion Hybrid
I'm one of those die-hard gray car guys. I own an 18 Fusion hybrid in magnetic, and a 23 GT/CS in DMG. I had an 82 (I think) gray Cavalier and it was a favorite and an 89 gray Celebrity over the years. (Please forgive me, Lord, for Chevy is no longer what it once was, amen.)

There's something magic about the GT/CS in DMG. It's stealthy, sleek and classy. The red accents (grille badge, side stripe lettering, center rear faux gas cap and interior stitching) really pop against DMG. Adding smoked tail lights adds to the look nicely. Not blacked out, but smoked out.

:)

RowdyRam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Duane
Vehicle(s)
22 GT DMG 6M Coupe
I agree red accents look really good on a dark gray car. I'm also not really mad at the right color of blue accents. Still haven't decided what to do with this blank canvas. Thought about over-the-top type stripes, thought about side stripes, thought about silver vs red vs blue.

Since this is a DMG thread, here's my DMG after hosing the pollen off it.

IMG_0355.JPG

Mitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser; 2022 MT GT/CS DMG
Vehicle Showcase
Personally I don't think wide red or blue stripes would look good on DMG. However red or blue pin stipes would look good. If mine didn't already have side stripes I would probably do matte black racing stripes with red pin stripes.

R3G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 TRX, 2020 Shelby GT350
colors:
Race Red 98 GT
Blue 2007 Mustang
Red 2006 Mustang v6
Red 2007 GT/CS
Kona Blue 2015 GT
White 2019 GT350 (kona blue stripes)
Magnetic 2020 GT350 (black w/metallic stripes)

Its fair to say that I lean blue/red. While I think the magnetic metallic on my current mustang is slick, my next new Mustang will be Orange. Hoping for the competition orange again.

Sponsored

Bobby4v

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium
Had my DMG mustang for around 3 months now and can not stand the stock wheels any longer, anyone in here running aftermarket wheels, already felt like I hated every wheel for s550's when I had my last one, ended up doing PP2 wheels, but really don't want to go with the same wheel on this build. So lets see what you guys are rocking

reb0urne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium Dark Matter Gray
Had my DMG mustang for around 3 months now and can not stand the stock wheels any longer, anyone in here running aftermarket wheels, already felt like I hated every wheel for s550's when I had my last one, ended up doing PP2 wheels, but really don't want to go with the same wheel on this build. So lets see what you guys are rocking
GT500 style wheels. I love them!

dabeej20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Aftermarket wheels on dmg. I too am trying to figure out what color to go with calipers. Want something subtle, was thinking something like antimatter blue or dark purples like above posts. Think that might go along with the purple tint dmg sometimes shows. Any opinions?

IMG_0284.jpeg

IMG_0268.jpeg
Sponsored