Sponsored

CajunGirl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Missy
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium/PP DMG: 2020 GT500 R. Red
We just bought a 22 GT Premium, PP1 in Dark Matter Gray, and at first I was dissapointed, I am so used to Race red, but the more I look at it, the more I love it. I don't have any pics on my computer yet, they are on my phone, but we already tinted it, changed the PP1 wheels, black out badges are in, and ordered the CAI. I posted on IG, and I did all this with my 18 GT, it is like deja vu! Hubby had a magnetic gray Shelby GT350, and I do like this darker gray better. It picks up whatever color it is reflecting. I did notice blue paint chips in the "glitter" in the paint, and in some light it does look a bit purple. I do miss my Race red, but we screwed up the fron end after an aftermarket splitter got ripped off going 102 mph on a back road, it ripped the OEM bumper off the car.

Sponsored

reb0urne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium Dark Matter Gray
We just bought a 22 GT Premium, PP1 in Dark Matter Gray, and at first I was dissapointed, I am so used to Race red, but the more I look at it, the more I love it. I don't have any pics on my computer yet, they are on my phone, but we already tinted it, changed the PP1 wheels, black out badges are in, and ordered the CAI. I posted on IG, and I did all this with my 18 GT, it is like deja vu! Hubby had a magnetic gray Shelby GT350, and I do like this darker gray better. It picks up whatever color it is reflecting. I did notice blue paint chips in the "glitter" in the paint, and in some light it does look a bit purple. I do miss my Race red, but we screwed up the fron end after an aftermarket splitter got ripped off going 102 mph on a back road, it ripped the OEM bumper off the car.
I've always liked Race red or any other bright red mustangs in previous years. Initially that is the color I wanted, but the stealthy look of DMG is just very nice. At least for me, these darker colors will age better. DMG is my favorite dark gray mustang then Dark Shadow Gray.

CajunGirl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Missy
Vehicle(s)
I've always liked Race red or any other bright red mustangs in previous years. Initially that is the color I wanted, but the stealthy look of DMG is just very nice. At least for me, these darker colors will age better. DMG is my favorite dark gray mustang then Dark Shadow Gray.
Agreed, I had the 18 Race red, traded it on a Race Red Shelby GT350, did not even keep it a year, I missed the GT, waited 5 months before getting another one. I do think it looks very stealth and that will age better. The Race red was gorgeous, but I was getting tired of it. We tried changing the pony on the grill at lunch, and broke one of the dumb plastic things. Uggh. I think we are going to have to super glue it.

Sponsored

CajunGirl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Missy
Vehicle(s)
Looks good! I need to get pictures uploaded of my dark matter gray stang. I blacked out my badges, new rims and tires, and she is getting Ford Performance lowering springs and her X pipe put on today.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I saw it in person a few weeks ago and liked it better than I expected. Magnetic looks good up close in the sun, but it's a pretty common shade of grey on vehicles. DMG is more unique and unlike antimatter blue, it doesn't look black in the shade.

CajunGirl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Missy
Vehicle(s)
I saw it in person a few weeks ago and liked it better than I expected. Magnetic looks good up close in the sun, but it's a pretty common shade of grey on vehicles. DMG is more unique and unlike antimatter blue, it doesn't look black in the shade.
Jay, Do you know how I can change my profile description, pic? I am not used to these forums and I tried, but there was no edit button. Is it possible to see the forum on a phone and not just a desktop computer? Thanks, Missy
Sponsored