Crazy rasp after TSP catless longtubes install

Discussion in 'V8 5.0L Engine / Mods: Bolt-ons, Exhaust, Tuning' started by damondewaynehuff84, Sep 6, 2019.

1. OP
    OP
    damondewaynehuff84

damondewaynehuff84 Active Member

First Name:
    Damon
    Vehicle(s):
    2017 Mustang GT Performance Package
    Robotics&Automation Engineer
    0   0   0
    I still have everything but the mufflers. Stock resonator is still on the car with the longtubes. I honestly thing if I put an hpipe and some bullet mufflers or resonators or even some super 10s or something, I would be happy with it! Just right now it sounds like I've got cherry bombs welded in and I'm pretty sure that's from the stock resonator.

2. ForYourOwnGood

ForYourOwnGood Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
    Rating:
    100%
    1   0   0
    #17 ForYourOwnGood, Sep 9, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
    The stock res is very raspy. Get the cjpp magnaflow it's easy to install and it'll be awesome.

BigBlue likes this.
  3. Volstang

Volstang Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Randy
    Vehicle(s):
    2015 Mustang GT
    0   0   0
    I have catless LTs and had 12" Stainless Bros resonators installed just aft of the collectors in place of the cats and then they go into a Magnaflow Resonated X pipe and I have Pypes Street Pro axle backs that are a touring axle back similar to Borla touring or Roush touring axle backs. It cleaned up the rasp, got rid of most of the drone and it is much tamer from a volume standpoint. Very tame at idle and light throttle and but still speaks up under mid-heavier throttle. The resonators are straight through so there is no HP loss. I'm very pleased with the finished product. I know volume and sounds is a very personal thing and everyone has their own idea about what "perfect" sounds like but I'm pretty happy with what I have. It won't ever sound like my old Fox Body with Flowmasters but it does have a deeper sound than most Coyote cars.

4. gameovergt

gameovergt Kevin

First Name:
    Kevin
    Vehicle(s):
    2016 Ford Mustang GT(Auto) DIBM
    Garage Profiles:
    Rating:
    100%
    4   0   0
    my setup is perfect for the TSP catless headers, at least to me. You are gonna need a mid resonator & good axleback. I tried welded in bullet mufflers but they did not get rid of the rasp/drone. But that was with SLP LM2 mufflers. Car sounds really smooth now & you can't tell it has LT's installed unless at WOT.

5. Roush05

Roush05 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2015 Mustang GT Premium
    Rating:
    100%
    1   0   0
    I have pypes headers coming and an ARH 3" catback exhaust installed. I have two resonators welded in right now but from videos I really like the sound improvement of the magnaflow resonated x pipe. Do you think I could get by with welding it in and leaving the other resonators or would I need to get rid of them? Not sure how it would sound with both but I had these welded in when I had the cats in my stock manifd gutted to help with the rasp.

6. ManBearPig

ManBearPig Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2016 GT
    0   0   0
    You have off-road longtubes and no mufflers and it sounds like ass? Shocking.

BmacIL likes this.
  7. randy_tho

randy_tho Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    0   0   0
    Stainless works catback gives a really nice sound. Basically no mufflers but long resonators. I just wish sometimes it would hit a little harder at low RPM. I keep thinking headers would be a good next step but not sure I want to tackle the installation.

I had a 4.6 with borla stingers and Mac catless prochamber and it sounded like the car in the bullitt movie but meaner. A perfect noise.