Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
Add the Borla touring resonator.
this! i have the ataks + catless headers and the rasp real, resonator kills that instantly. would love to find a 3in resonator if someone makes one
Sponsored

Supa LA

Drop a gear and disappear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic Mustang GT PP
this! i have the ataks + catless headers and the rasp real, resonator kills that instantly. would love to find a 3in resonator if someone makes one
Dynamax makes a 3" resonator pipe i do believe. That is where ive been looking. My catless headers with the Gibson catback is a little raspy in the higher rpm range.

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Dynamax makes a 3" resonator pipe i do believe. That is where ive been looking. My catless headers with the Gibson catback is a little raspy in the higher rpm range.
They definitely do. 12" and 16" body, 4" diameter case, 3" ID inlet, outlet and core. They will definitely kill all the rasp.

Supa LA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They definitely do. 12" and 16" body, 4" diameter case, 3" ID inlet, outlet and core. They will definitely kill all the rasp.
Boom.

I'm always a little worried it will rob me of a little hp and/or trq tho. Even if it's minimal, like 2-5. It all adds up.

Sponsored

Supa LA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium

Supa LA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Nice. I may order a set soon. I'd like a slightly deeper tone and less rasp on my setup. It only gets worse with LTs. Trust me lol.
Oh I know I had LTs on my 13GT with catless mids and GT500 axle back. It was really loud once the LTs went on and the stock cats came off. I'm putting 3" inlet/outlet 6" long case mini race bullets on the midpipe where the cats would normally go to further tame it and I can still add rear mufflers back on it if I ever wanted to. For the size they are the dyno max bullets do a great job of controlling rasp and drone.

toplesstripcruiser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 50th Mustang GT vert, '03 yellow Evo
Ever think about swapping in an H-pipe? I have an MRT H-pipe with the GT500 mufflers and it sounds deep. Almost sounds like the old Foxbody 5.0 and maybe even the 2003-04 Cobras.

Sponsored

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Ever think about swapping in an H-pipe? I have an MRT H-pipe with the GT500 mufflers and it sounds deep. Almost sounds like the old Foxbody 5.0 and maybe even the 2003-04 Cobras.
I had both catless X and catless H on my 13 and I honestly liked the tone with the X pipe better it really screamed.

Supa LA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I bought a used h pipe in hopes of trying this, come to find out its not a 3" tho. My whole system is 3" from headers back to mufflers. I can't seem to find one that IS 3" without a $280 price tag.

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH
Just installed my SP o/r longtubes last week, and the setup is now incredibly raspy through the entire RPM range instead of just mid-range under mild load with just the mufflers and midpipe. Any suggestions on how to fix this without installing cats? Most of the reason I wanted headers was to eliminate my cats, and am trying to find a rasp-free exhaust setup without adding cats to my exhaust.
Do you have a video?

TrackpackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT PP
I was thinking about the JBA catback for mine, thanks! I think Moroso makes a Spiral flow resonator that might do the trick. Can't remember if our stock piping is 2.5 or 2.75 though.

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Just installed my SP o/r longtubes last week, and the setup is now incredibly raspy through the entire RPM range instead of just mid-range under mild load with just the mufflers and midpipe. Any suggestions on how to fix this without installing cats? Most of the reason I wanted headers was to eliminate my cats, and am trying to find a rasp-free exhaust setup without adding cats to my exhaust.
I had that exact setup on my 2013 and it was a tad raspy. I'm my opinion sound wise chambered mufflers (GT500s are as are stock) are not ideal on long tubes sound wise they tend to be more tinny and raspy than straight through mufflers of comparable size. If you want to keep the GT500s though welded or clamp in a couple 12" long dynomax race bullets after your X/H pipe. Cheap and extremely effective solution.
Sponsored