Sponsored

Catless longtubes + corsa extreme

JCasale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Last week got my kooks 1 7/8 in catless longtubes installed paired up with my corsa extreme. Sounds AMAZING at idle and low rpm but as soon as you get passed 3-4k rpm it just screams and sounds distorted and too LOUD. Got pulled over from a cop and was asking why it sounded so awful and he gave me a warning. :shrug: Guys that had the same setup and moved to the corsa sport, How big was the sound difference? I love the sound i have now but its just a bit too loud for daily driving.
Sponsored

RubyRedBoost

Traded EB old name New GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT with PP
Two options and both are cheaper than swapping catbacks. You could get the hi flow cats which will help with the metallic sound and cut some of the rasp. Or swap in resonators in place of the cat deletes. This actually did more for sound reduction than the cats will. I personally have SW headers paired with extremes and have resonators in place of the cat deletes. Then had my double helix cut in half and welded in 2 more resonators with the single X. If has absolutely no rasp and is still a nice catless setup. I hated hacking up the double helix but car still retained the Corsa sound. Now has zero rasp and no metallic tin can sound that the Cops and everyone else hates. Plus wife and my neighbors are tolerable of my 4:30am departure.