Sponsored

solo mach XV with catless longtubes??

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Wow so now you have all 3 mid pipes... need vids of the setup with headers.
Sponsored

OP
OP

hawk232

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 white GT premium
Wow so now you have all 3 mid pipes... need vids of the setup with headers.
lol, yep. need to sell the race and mach thunder and that will pay for the mach xv!

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Got the car back with the Whipple on it now. We removed the cats, added beefcakes stainless connect pipes, and obviously, and the car sounds amazing at idle and cruising around. The problem is, when I start to lay into it, it literally will wake the dead! I think I might try swapping out the Mach XV muffler for the Magnaflow 3" resonator and see what it sounds like. Anybody tried anything like this before???

EDIT: I haven't even had the car above 4,000 rpm yet do to a slight hiccup with the blower, and it is ENTIRELY too loud for my taste. I really am looking for any suggestions to help tame it down, I really love the way my Solo sounds everywhere else.

Commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Got the car back with the Whipple on it now. We removed the cats, added beefcakes stainless connect pipes, and obviously, and the car sounds amazing at idle and cruising around. The problem is, when I start to lay into it, it literally will wake the dead! I think I might try swapping out the Mach XV muffler for the Magnaflow 3" resonator and see what it sounds like. Anybody tried anything like this before???

EDIT: I haven't even had the car above 4,000 rpm yet do to a slight hiccup with the blower, and it is ENTIRELY too loud for my taste. I really am looking for any suggestions to help tame it down, I really love the way my Solo sounds everywhere else.
Put a set of high flow cats on.

If you don't want to hack up the solo you'll need a more tame catback.

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Put a set of high flow cats on.

If you don't want to hack up the solo you'll need a more tame catback.

I just took the cats off cause I have the car on E85 with a bunch of boos. I don't think I would have to hack up the exhaust to try that Magnafkow, it looks like it would practically fall on the car! I think the dimensions are almost identical to the Solo....

Sponsored

Commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS

Commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
So I installed my XV to replace my Thunder midpipe which is paired with my MAK cat deletes.

The thunder was awesome sounding. Deep and muscular around the street, but when i got on it, it was like a full nascar at wot. Cold start was insane.

However, I was looking to take it down a few notches and the XV does just that. It's the same sound, just turned down a bit. It makes it more livable and a bit less attention getting. It also cleaned up some of the rasp I had with the thunder.

So, I'll be keeping my XV, anyone want a Thunder midpipe? :)
Sponsored