Sponsored

Catless longtubes - making quieter?

Crackerjack17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
So I recently installed my catless longtubes and with the corsa sport it's just too loud at part throttle. Sounds awesome wide open, but way too loud for where I live. I love the corsa sport and would hate to get rid of it.

Anybody put bullet/glass packs where the cats would go?

Any suggestions? I would like to keep 3" all the way back if possible. Another thread mentioned borla touring.

Best high flow cats?
Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
quiter exhaust or oem headers

CW16GTPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 401A PP
I would get the cats and see what you think.

I have the high flow cats on my headers, and the sound is manageable under 3k rpm.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
try swapping to touring and install a couple resonators.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I haven't installed anything yet, but this is why I went with ARH catted longtubes and the Corsa Sport. At any point if you're ever contemplating headers, always go with a quieter catback. Cats do two things, muffle noise a bit and it's cleaner.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Crackerjack17

Crackerjack17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Thanks for the reply's. I was out tonight and it is just plain rude. lol. I mean WOT will leave chills down your spine. It sounds like the devil is going to rip your soul out. I freaking love it, but there is no way I can drive it the way it is. I ripped on 2nd spinning the tires under a bridge and it's as loud as a jet plane on takeoff. I might try a set of high flow cats or I thought of buying the 3" in/out borla resonator and having piping made to mate up to the corsa sports. I love the corsa sport mufflers and don't want to get rid of them. And, just an FYI there is no drone even as loud as it is. Corsa's are awesome!

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Thanks for the reply's. I was out tonight and it is just plain rude. lol. I mean WOT will leave chills down your spine. It sounds like the devil is going to rip your soul out. I freaking love it, but there is no way I can drive it the way it is. I ripped on 2nd spinning the tires under a bridge and it's as loud as a jet plane on takeoff. I might try a set of high flow cats or I thought of buying the 3" in/out borla resonator and having piping made to mate up to the corsa sports. I love the corsa sport mufflers and don't want to get rid of them. And, just an FYI there is no drone even as loud as it is. Corsa's are awesome!
It's still going to be loud with the cats, but may take a little rasp away. You'll notice it more on the cruising and accelerating tone at partial throttle, but WOT will still be nuts. The resonator + the cats should help more.

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Cats will be expensive and not cut down much on overall volume. You'll be better off either getting different mufflers or having a couple resonators welded in after the x-pipe.

luisinho93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 50th Anniversary
I'd say add a resonator.
Currently running SW O/R with Mach Thunder catback. It's louder than your set up at a cold start and open throttle. Only complaint is when I start it in the morning but that's why I have my commuter for :(

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
Cats will be expensive and not cut down much on overall volume. You'll be better off either getting different mufflers or having a couple resonators welded in after the x-pipe.
^^^ This is the route I chose...

Sponsored

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
So I recently installed my catless longtubes and with the corsa sport it's just too loud at part throttle. Sounds awesome wide open, but way too loud for where I live. I love the corsa sport and would hate to get rid of it.

Anybody put bullet/glass packs where the cats would go?

Any suggestions? I would like to keep 3" all the way back if possible. Another thread mentioned borla touring.

Best high flow cats?
How is the in cabin sound? I am about to switch to your same setup from stock manifolds/cats and a solo mach v to your setup. The solo has a lot of interior sound, wouldn't call it drone so much as just sound. I have had a kooks catless to corsa sport setup on my 850whp hemi and was extremely happy how quiet it was inside, even WOT. Outside was absolutely insane. it was perfect.

1badrz28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have 6 inch resonators attached to the headers with my Sport. It's a little louder after the cat removal, but very tolerable.

OP
OP
Crackerjack17

Crackerjack17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
How is the in cabin sound? I am about to switch to your same setup from stock manifolds/cats and a solo mach v to your setup. The solo has a lot of interior sound, wouldn't call it drone so much as just sound. I have had a kooks catless to corsa sport setup on my 850whp hemi and was extremely happy how quiet it was inside, even WOT. Outside was absolutely insane. it was perfect.
6th gear cruising with the windows up on level ground and you can barely hear it. But going up a hill under load at 2500 rpm and its a loud growl from the back. but there is absolutely no drone. Windows down, and its loud growl, but all the noise is in the back. i love the Corsa's, but wow without the cats the volume is just too much for me. It is a touch metallic raspy. Wot is insane.
Sponsored