Sponsored

COVID-19 Question.....................

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
I suspect Ford will continue to produce the GT500 Mustang because a lot of orders were placed last year and this is the time of year Ford ramps up production of the GT500. I could see Ford focus on GT500 production and delay production of other Mustangs for a couple of weeks.
I wonder if autoworkers will be required to wear masks to prevent them from spreading the virus to a coworker.
VS the how many hundreds of thousands of MORE F-150 orders that are probably average selling higher than the GT500s? Nah man , if production is cut production is cut , GT500 with it.
Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Just shut down the border with Canada. Gonna be a supply problem.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
For people, right? I don't know if that applies to goods.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
not hardly. Goods move across the border. Just people don't. If that means they drop the 50ft trailer at the border and a US driver picks it up, so be it. Minor problem.

DRP Motorsports

Had A Few Stangs
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2019 GT, 2020 GT500
I think production will get slowed down for sure. For me personally, it will not bother me one bit for my car to get delayed.

The effects of the virus is real! Folks priorities are having to change now. I run a small business. My business, like many other small businesses in my area, has suffered from this. We have a storm to weather in front of us. I hope everyone fairs well through this and stays properous and healthy.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not hardly. Goods move across the border. Just people don't. If that means they drop the 50ft trailer at the border and a US driver picks it up, so be it. Minor problem.
Hardly a minor problem. I'm right here at the border near three bridge crossings from US to Canada. Homeland Security is currently wording it as only "essential" travel - for fuel, food and medicine, is being allowed. Some commercial traffic is still allowed but this is very fluid. And this is just Canada. There are a plethora parts for the GT500 alone coming from Mexico and a number of other countries around the globe. There will be production delays whether it is labor side or finished parts from Tier suppliers outside the US. Bank on it.

dsz blade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT PP1
Hardly a minor problem. I'm right here at the border near three bridge crossings from US to Canada. Homeland Security is currently wording it as only "essential" travel - for fuel, food and medicine, is being allowed. Some commercial traffic is still allowed but this is very fluid. And this is just Canada. There are a plethora parts for the GT500 alone coming from Mexico and a number of other countries around the globe. There will be production delays whether it is labor side or finished parts from Tier suppliers outside the US. Bank on it.
Doesn’t matter now that the big 3 are shutting down entirely.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You are absolutely right.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
For sure now there will be delays. Big 3 stopping production.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Im hearing a week. Then reassess.

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Guys this is just the beginning. The very very start.

BTW here is what made Trump change his tune. This is best case with social distancing.
F1A7E82D-41E6-4EB0-A53B-1ECA83BB13EE.jpeg

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
And all these spring breakers having mass gatherings on the beach all around our country. Daytona Beach doesn't have the balls to shut it down. Beaches are still open. Appalling!

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I certainly hear what you're saying, Tom, and I most surely agree.

But I am also trying to feel for the small business owners who, in many ways, are the economic lifeblood of this country. And when a big chunk of your annual income depends on Spring Break, what are you gonna do?

Tough call but I do think beaches and bars should be closed until SB is over at least.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I certainly hear what you're saying, Tom, and I most surely agree.

But I am also trying to feel for the small business owners who, in many ways, are the economic lifeblood of this country. And when a big chunk of your annual income depends on Spring Break, what are you gonna do?

Tough call but I do think beaches and bars should be closed until SB is over at least.
Shut it down in the interest of public safety. Why are spring breakers exempt from a national emergency. Pretty selfish if you ask me.
Sponsored