Cooled seats not great?

PoCoBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, 2016 Edge Sport
Mine work well enough that I rarely turn the A/C on. This is the only car I've ever had with cooled seats so I have nothing to compare them to.
Sponsored

stars_fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
21 GT PP1, 20 Tesla M3P & 21 Ducati SFV4S
I found if you mix the air coming out of the vents and floor it helps the cooled seats.

Exodus5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
When I went to pick my new 22 up just a few days ago as I and the salesman sat in the car while I adjusted everything to my liking I heard this whooshing noise like an air vent behind me. After some searching we realized it was the drivers seat which had the cooling full up. I have noticed I feel NOTHING on the back of the seat...just the bottom. Is there a duct of some type that might be wrong/broken?

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
They work better on the leather seats than the miko suede in the GT/CS
Interesting ... I have nothing to compare it to but I have been underwhelmed with the cooling in my GT/CS too.

The seat bottom is marginal and the seat back cooling is so limited as to be almost non-existent.

Sponsored

YankeeVol

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darrell
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT/CS, '22 F-150 Tremor
Interesting ... I have nothing to compare it to but I have been underwhelmed with the cooling in my GT/CS too.

The seat bottom is marginal and the seat back cooling is so limited as to be almost non-existent.
I also have a ‘22 GT Premium (selling though) that has just the normal leather. It’s 100x better than in the GT/CS

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
When I went to pick my new 22 up just a few days ago as I and the salesman sat in the car while I adjusted everything to my liking I heard this whooshing noise like an air vent behind me. After some searching we realized it was the drivers seat which had the cooling full up. I have noticed I feel NOTHING on the back of the seat...just the bottom. Is there a duct of some type that might be wrong/broken?
I do not hear any sound when I have the seat cooling on, should I? Of course, it could just be my hearing (or lack-thereof) 😮 :)

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
I also have a ‘22 GT Premium (selling though) that has just the normal leather. It’s 100x better than in the GT/CS
Honestly, I am not too thrilled with the suede-look inserts on the GT/CS seats. I would have preferred just the regular leather.

Polski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marek
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP2 401A
Vehicle Showcase
They worked great in my 2015. In the 2019 they suck, big time. I can hear them when they are on, but not cool at all. Maybe al ittle.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I do not hear any sound when I have the seat cooling on, should I?
Yes, on the highest setting they're quite loud. If you don't hear a loud whooshing sound, then something is wrong, they probably don't work.
On the lowest setting, on the other hand, they're completely inaudible; you can easily forget they're on.

Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I would think the efficiency of the seats depends on how much of the surface area isn't covered by your body mass. The more area you cover, the fewer holes for the air to pass through. Mustangs have pretty small seats, compared to family members SUVs. Mustang seats may have other problems, but that's what I noticed in other smaller cars. I haven't used the seat cooling on my Mustang, except for a few minutes just to see if it works at all.

Last edited:

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
Yes, on the highest setting they're quite loud. If you don't hear a loud whooshing sound, then something is wrong, they probably don't work.
On the lowest setting, on the other hand, they're completely inaudible; you can easily forget they're on.
One more question ... should I hear it "wooshing" without the engine running? I could just be missing it with the top down and the engine running.

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
For an a/c seat they are adequate. About the same as the Wife's RX 350. I drove a new Raptor the other day. Those were great. Very cool lot's of air flow.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Some folks also thought it was too good in the base and felt like sitting in a pool of cold water.
That would be my wife. She'll only put the seat cooler on if it's VERY hot, and even then only for a little while. She says it feels like she's peed in her pants when it's been on for a while.

19gtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT, PP1 and 2021 Mach 1