Sponsored

Cooled seats not cooling

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I guess I'll be the first disappointment on here; brought my car in on this gave the TSB to the service manager and they said seats are working as designed.

My transmission clunks too from P to R; and apparently that is working as designed as well.

Boo Ford; I had high hopes on this one.
Hey shockme66,

I checked on your case, and see you were in contact with your CSM this morning. Please continue working with them on this for a resolution, as they're in the best position to assist with this. We'll be here if you need us! :)

I plan to bring my car in after I have driven it for a while and the seats are not cooling properly. This will allow me to show the service writer the exact problem so they can confirm it for me and get the damn parts ordered.

I also need an alignment as I have excess edge wear on the front tires.

It is a F*****G JOKE that the dealers refuse to acknowledge a TSB, and get basically FREE WORK.

DEYSHA, please reach out to whoever the hell you can and explain to them that the DEALERSHIPS ARE KILLING FORD.
Hey Turbo Ghost,

I'll look over some resources on my end to see how I can help get your 'Stang back in tip-top shape. Please PM your name, VIN, mileage, dealer, and best daytime phone number, and I'll get started.

Escalated it through one of the Ford Customer Care Reps here on the board.
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/member.php?u=7992 ...
... I'd escalate to Deysha here on this site FordService is her user name. There's help available. ...
Thanks for pointing shockme66 my way, GT Pony and Old 5 Oh! :)

Nick
Sponsored

shockme66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th Annv. Magnetic
Ok, here is my update.

Yes, I contacted my CSM, but the dealer still won't perform the TSB he said the following, that he drove my car and tested the seats "he froze his balls off" so they are working to spec.

He also said my Mustang was the best driving mustang he drove in a along time; I asked what do you mean since last years model? He said "no, your mustang drive so much better than most that I have on the lot for sale". This is some great bench-marking??

Can't believe this is how repairs are handles. Also, FYI he told me TSB parts are on backorder; I think they just don't want to deal with it.

ctlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Prem/201A/Auto/Guard/Saddle/Spoiler del.
Since we're talking about seats, my seat seems loose.

When I near the maximum g point of a cloverleaf exit, my seat seems to slip to the left slightly and then pops back to the right as the g's settle down.

I can't duplicate by just trying to push or pull the seat when the car is stopped. However, my bodyweight times 0.5 (assuming an 0.5 g turn) is more force than my hands can likely exert.

klousgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mustang GT Black
Ok, here is my update.

Yes, I contacted my CSM, but the dealer still won't perform the TSB he said the following, that he drove my car and tested the seats "he froze his balls off" so they are working to spec.

He also said my Mustang was the best driving mustang he drove in a along time; I asked what do you mean since last years model? He said "no, your mustang drive so much better than most that I have on the lot for sale". This is some great bench-marking??

Can't believe this is how repairs are handles. Also, FYI he told me TSB parts are on backorder; I think they just don't want to deal with it.
Tell him "The problem is the back you fuckin Muppet!"

Sponsored

PRStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I guess I'll be the first disappointment on here; brought my car in on this gave the TSB to the service manager and they said seats are working as designed.

My transmission clunks too from P to R; and apparently that is working as designed as well.

Boo Ford; I had high hopes on this one.
Wow we actually had the same experience. Took my car in about 2 weeks ago (i know prior to the TSB being released) Told them I had clunks when changing gears in my transmission. First he goes to test the seat cooling and says these seats don't cool from the back. I respond with a yes they do. He's testing them while has has the service plastic cover on the seats (given for protection of the seat). Says there is no issue with them. Then he tells me he needs to reproduce the issue with the transmission and that if they don't, I need to pay for the rental fee. I asked him if I could bring maybe a recording of it and he said that wont work.

After all of this I even told him that I bought the premium ESP extended warranty from ford with the rental car package and that other people have mentioned these issues. I guess not to my surprise he didn't care. Sucks that these cars are so good and are being let down by a lackluster dealer service experience. I used to have an Acura and thats really the big difference between both manufacturer and dealers. If I had an issue both Acura and the dealer went above and beyond to get any issue fixed and always tried their best to work around my schedule. I understand Acura is a luxury brand and ford isnt. But when a mustang costs $45,000 and an Acura costs $32,000, you expect a higher level of service. Also some of their trucks are 60-70k. I would hope those owners are being offered great service! It seems like some of these ford dealers make it unnecessarily difficult for the consumer after the purchase. I hope maybe Ford can step in with some of these situations.

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
UNBELIEVABLE!!!

My local dealership won't even schedule service based on the previous diagnosis that the seats were working as designed.

This is completely unacceptable!

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Guess I'm spoiled. Brought mine in last Wednesday for a rattling in front and seat back cooling. Tech rode around lot with me. Heard rattle. Inspected. Bad strut bearing. Ordered new one. Then we had a long discussion about the seats. He felt it blowing and actually working. I told him what it does after 20 minutes. He checked ford for fix or tsb, obviously found none and logged to ford and a problem they couldn't fix. Strut came in Friday, they swapped it and aligned in 1.5 hours on Monday and I left.

I would find a new dealer.

I admit it's easier dealing with them as the service writer, tech and myself all restore/build cars as hobbies and aren't dimbasses. And we are all respectful to each other. And I've used that dealership for 20 years now (but this was my first warranty return)

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Wow we actually had the same experience. Took my car in about 2 weeks ago (i know prior to the TSB being released) Told them I had clunks when changing gears in my transmission. First he goes to test the seat cooling and says these seats don't cool from the back. I respond with a yes they do. He's testing them while has has the service plastic cover on the seats (given for protection of the seat). Says there is no issue with them. Then he tells me he needs to reproduce the issue with the transmission and that if they don't, I need to pay for the rental fee. I asked him if I could bring maybe a recording of it and he said that wont work.

After all of this I even told him that I bought the premium ESP extended warranty from ford with the rental car package and that other people have mentioned these issues. I guess not to my surprise he didn't care. Sucks that these cars are so good and are being let down by a lackluster dealer service experience. I used to have an Acura and thats really the big difference between both manufacturer and dealers. If I had an issue both Acura and the dealer went above and beyond to get any issue fixed and always tried their best to work around my schedule. I understand Acura is a luxury brand and ford isnt. But when a mustang costs $45,000 and an Acura costs $32,000, you expect a higher level of service. Also some of their trucks are 60-70k. I would hope those owners are being offered great service! It seems like some of these ford dealers make it unnecessarily difficult for the consumer after the purchase. I hope maybe Ford can step in with some of these situations.
Some are great and some are terrible. El Cajon Ford treated me like gold and always asked for details on any issues I was having. They washed the car every time I brought it in for an oil change and never charged a thing for it. Fairview wasnt nearly as good with my truck ('11 diesel). Jerry's here in VA where I bought the '15 scares me. No plans on returning there as they just dont seem to care about you after the sale.

WeinerDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT/PP
Good to see there is a TSB but not good to hear reports of dealer unwillingness. Hmm, I wonder if I should try to get this done before I take delivery? It's pretty much certain that no one's work correctly, right? I know the three I test drove all had lack of airflow but I can't say I felt any of them heat up.

Sponsored

jholtz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Ames Ford/Lincoln is great!

I ran across the TSB posted here last night, called Ames Ford/Lincoln service today and the service writer was not only knowledgeable about the problem but eager to help get it resolved. The parts are ordered and they'll call me when they arrive to schedule an appointment.

If you live in central Iowa, I'd suggest you give them a try. Excellent service!

Jim

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
UNBELIEVABLE!!!

My local dealership won't even schedule service based on the previous diagnosis that the seats were working as designed.

This is completely unacceptable!
You are correct. Need to elevate to the Ford regional service person. Start by messaging FordService on this site. They are very helpful and effective.

And get a new dealer. Dumb ass like that doesn't deserve your service money.

WeinerDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT/PP
Thinking more about this as it pertains to 16's...is there a VIN range for the TSB? Surely they are putting the new parts in the 16's at some point.

Bradrulz

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Comp Orange
My replacement are ordered and service advisor said they should have them early to mid next week. Said he called Ford and a group of 1,500 of them are on their way out.

ctlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Prem/201A/Auto/Guard/Saddle/Spoiler del.
Thinking more about this as it pertains to 16's...is there a VIN range for the TSB? Surely they are putting the new parts in the 16's at some point.
perhaps they have 10k of the old ones and the easiest thing to do is to keep putting them in for some period of time.
Sponsored