Sponsored

Convertibles Photos Thread

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
potential preview of a new mod.. still unsure on color or if i'm even going to put it on.

Pictures are of it as it came out of the box.

Worked on it for a few hours today, cleaning it up for painting.

Threw a bunch of coats of Plastidip on it before I left home tonight for another engagement so I can mock it up on the car in a solid black, etc.

Thinking about putting it on the car with just double sided tape so i can see if I like it/want it on the car. If I do, I'll have it professionally painted.

Over the weekend I also did dip the lower bumper valence to be black. Didn't bother to take any pictures though.
More angles and pics with the spoiler top up and down please!
Sponsored

SheStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Oxford White
+1 more pics!!

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
So, undecided on the spoiler yet, might sell it alltogether. But I think if anything, I'll be painting it body color. It just doesn't look right in matte black as it currently is.

flubyu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
So, undecided on the spoiler yet, might sell it alltogether. But I think if anything, I'll be painting it body color. It just doesn't look right in matte black as it currently is.
Also noticed it blocks off your high mount brake light. Don't know if that would be an issue with local law enforcement or for inspection if your state has it.

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
It does not block off my third brake light -- that's why I chose it over Roush, because Roush does.

Sponsored

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Got some stuff done

How was the hitch install? I debating that and a small trailer for track wheels...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
But I did finally get to put the top down and take some pictures of the car after running errands, and deciding "no" on the spoiler as is. I'm excited that my old wind deflector was moddable to use in this car. No wind at all, 75mph, top down with the windows up.

Also, if you haven't noticed, I painted the lower valence between the exhaust tips. I prefer it all black rather than partially body color there.

The poor Focus ST has gotten jealous over the lack of attention it's been getting lately.
2016-02-22 13.45.49.jpg
2016-02-22 13.46.09.jpg
2016-02-22 14.00.35.jpg
2016-02-22 14.01.01.jpg
2016-02-22 14.01.22.jpg
2016-02-22 14.01.52.jpg
2016-02-22 14.00.21.jpg

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
Scissors, a file, and some plastidip.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Sponsored

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
you gotta do what you gotta do because the aftermarket isn't catching up..

I'm 95% a user of Sirius or Spotify anyway. I've been part of the DC area since 2011 minus a year in LA in 2015, and I still don't know all the local stations other than NPR.

Road Dog

Really Smart Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
How was the hitch install? I debating that and a small trailer for track wheels...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well for me in the driveway it was tough. You probably have a shop and at least one helper. In that case the hardest part of the job would be pushing it up into place. Mine was so tight I had to engage my small sledge. Then I ran into the issue of the guide wires getting caught. Once I got those free and pulled the bolts thru it was downhill. So the hitch install itself was about three hours working on my back and alone.

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Well for me in the driveway it was tough. You probably have a shop and at least one helper. In that case the hardest part of the job would be pushing it up into place. Mine was so tight I had to engage my small sledge. Then I ran into the issue of the guide wires getting caught. Once I got those free and pulled the bolts thru it was downhill. So the hitch install itself was about three hours working on my back and alone.
I'd be doing it myself as well - and your issue with fishing the bolts through seems to be the norm unfortunately.

Thanks for the info.

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
Your car looks very clean without the spoiler. Don't think I would use it if I were you. Looks very "add on" from the pics.
Sponsored