TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
Your car looks very clean without the spoiler. Don't think I would use it if I were you. Looks very "add on" from the pics.
I've decided I'm going to go with the GT350-R spoiler, the upcoming Steeda, or none at all.
Sponsored

Road Dog

Really Smart Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
I'd be doing it myself as well - and your issue with fishing the bolts through seems to be the norm unfortunately.

Thanks for the info.
Be sure to view the video from eTrailer on how to install. They have it down pat. except for the wire getting caught. I used a flat blade screwdriver to get a little clearance and the wires came free. I was a bit worried about breaking one but they were pretty strong. Get the bottom nuts started, don't tighten them and work on knocking the thing into place so the side holes line up. Thats when the wires get caught..

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Thanks for the tips [MENTION=19677]Road Dog[/MENTION].

Road Dog

Really Smart Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
Your car looks very clean without the spoiler. Don't think I would use it if I were you. Looks very "add on" from the pics.
Danielle, I agree with Red, really clean without the spoiler. But if you do put one on I suggest you do go with body color. When you put that black on on it disrupts the flow of the car. Like a black slash across a letter means no, that black spoiler says NO.

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red

Sponsored

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Convertible, 3.7L, A/T, 051A, DIB
you gotta do what you gotta do because the aftermarket isn't catching up..

I'm 95% a user of Sirius or Spotify anyway. I've been part of the DC area since 2011 minus a year in LA in 2015, and I still don't know all the local stations other than NPR.
How much reception drop do you get on 'not so strong' stations? I too am mostly XM use, but an FM station I like occasionally comes in noticeably weak on the shorty antenna I bought. It was from 2014. the base is bigger in dia. than ours and I use a black garden hose washer to make it work. I keep the stock antenna in the trunk if I know I want reception or for a road trip.

Personally, I am really liking the look of the California Special spoiler. But with three pedestals, I here it may leave one hole showing (near center) after removing my stock flat blade spoiler. But if it is a 1/4" or smaller hole, one painted plug may not be very visible.

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
I've noticed no change so far, but like I said, I really don't listen to much of anything at all in FM anymore. I honestly haven't in half a decade.

RubyKojote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
It does not block off my third brake light -- that's why I chose it over Roush, because Roush does.
Sorry but I must have missed it. What brand is that spoiler? Thanks

volinbham

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT convertible
anyone else get seat belt "flutter" with the windows all the way down? I have to roll them up about an inch or 2 to stop it.

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
Sorry but I must have missed it. What brand is that spoiler? Thanks
CDC.. and it's for sale in the classifieds. decided to not put it on.

Sponsored

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
anyone else get seat belt "flutter" with the windows all the way down? I have to roll them up about an inch or 2 to stop it.
Yes!!!!

Not so bad when in seat mounted holder. I'm 6'3" and was wondering if it was due to my seating position. Freaked out one day when I first got the car when I had this horrendous racket coming from the rear seat. Turned out it was the unused front passenger seat belt that wasn't stowed properly.

kart3l

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Mustang Ecoboost PP
How is the headroom for convertibles in the back seats compared to with the coupes?

Road Dog

Really Smart Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
I haven't noticed that. But I put both front belts in the setback holders. That may be why. On another note, today I drove a couple hundred miles and went thru a few Torrential (read Biblical) Florida downpours. The wipers on this car are not up to that type of rain. I am going to pump out the washer tank and refill with RainX.
My visibility was zero several times (good sphincter exercise) :eyebulge: while trying to maintain 60mph to keep from being run over. I can say that the rain sensing function did it's job when the rain was light to medium, I may need to adjust the sensitivity but not much.

I am also happy to announce that I noticed absolutely no leakage anywhere.:love: :ford:

Road Dog

Really Smart Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
The reason I drove so far in the rain

I found this bike carrier for sale on Craigslist and jumped on it.
It's built like it was for the Military, (heavy steel) and it holds two bikes
with no movement. Saris is made in Wisconsin so that's another Plus.
:headbang:
Rack 1.jpg
Rack 2.jpg
Sponsored