Sponsored

Considering Bullitt purchase. Your advice please.

OP
OP

Burt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Burt
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Then friend... it is too late. You have been bitten by the bullitt bug. You will buy it. Tonight you will watch Bullitt and the memberberries will set in.

one of us
one of us
one of us

As for options
-grab the electronics pack
-skip the reccaros (you can see Matt breakdown of why he skipped them on his channel)
-as for magnaride, it is a solid investment. I opted to not have it because I was worried about how the system would age. That being said, i promptly upgraded the base suspension suspension to steeda's SMcQueen setup as my future build will involve a blower. I think the magniride has a higher capacity out of the door as the base suspension has around a 600lbs weight limit (someone fact check me on this please).
-As for the extended warranty, just get ford ESP. Hell, I think you can finance it separately at a lower rate through budco. ESP is a real extended plan that is backed by ANY ford dealership. Over the life of my focus ford paid for an absurd amount of repairs (I only had to chip in 50bucks). I only went with my dealers extended warranty after I they were able to prove that there was a backup plan (in writing) if they folded. They also agreed to pay a large chunk of my July repairs on my focus as a service plan sign on bonus. Remember that the dealership makes money directly off of its plan but only gets a portion of the Ford ESP payment. As such, if you let them know you are thinking about ESP, they will try to grease your palms a bit.

All of that being said, I would fight the urge if:
1-you are looking for a track car
2-you are looking for a drag car
3-you plan to do any roush blower upgrades. Only whipple has figure out how to mount a sc on the bullitt with a warranty

In summary, if you want a 19 bullitt, now is the time to grab one... you can even use x-pricing if you are already an MCA member. You can realistically walk out with one for the high 30s in Texas
Hi Bear_Stang! Thank you for the awesome advice, especially on the warranty. Reading your post really made me smile. Hmmm... Texas huh? I wonder how hard it is to purchase in the great state of Texas for delivery in CA. I'll do some research on that.
Many thanks, Burt
Sponsored

revinto7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 shelby-gt 14 camaro SS 1LE
Hey Burt ,i have a 19 bullitt with just under 600 miles it has leather seats with memory ,electronics pkg and magnaride i am considering trading it for a 19 GT350 if your interested i would let it go for 46k ,the only mod to the car is blk aluminum valve stem caps and a steeda Xpipe .car has active exhaust .if i didnt get a GT350 there is nothing else i would consider other than the Bullit if your going for a manual mustang GT

OP
OP

Burt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Burt
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
1. Standard seats are more comfortable, have a/c and heat, and have the electric seat adjusters and lumbar with memory recall. The recaro seats were too firm and tight. This is the only option I didn't get, I wouldn't have bought the car if those were the only seats.

2. I'd say yes. The screen is very nice, all the toys and tech work well.

3. True, it makes a huge difference I think. There are some very rough roads near my shop, the magnaride soaks them up.

4. No, you have a 5yr 60k power train. I own car dealerships and have sold those for years, the claim rate is so low on a new car that the 2000-2500 warranty you would buy costs them 3-400 bucks.

5. I had the option to buy kind of whatever I wanted. I checked out the gt350 but it was a bit too "boy racer" for me with the wings and stripes. I really liked the subdued look of the bullitt and the fact that they shaved all the emblems etc. I have no attachment to the bullitt name or steve mcqueen (matter of fact one of the first mods I did was to get a smooth rear panel and get rid of the huge bullseye). Plus, the price isn't that much more than a well equipped GT, I got a hell of a deal and I'm sure you could get even better now if you shopped around.

No oil consumption I've seen. The only issues I've had was a bit of door rattling, I'm planning on some dynamat and foam for that. I also hear a slight ticking at 2000 rpm, but I'm assuming its the direct injection. Pretty much all DI cars have a tick or rattle from the 40k psi injectors. Some people say lifters or crank clearance but I don't think so. Lifters need some time to goop up and stick and I've heard many crank and rod knocks, it's not that. I doubt I will have the car over 5 years so I'm not too concerned either way.
Hi Dave! Wow, your advice is gold. Your car dealership experience is also extremely helpful. No extended warranty, got it. I've read others mention rattling but I didn't know there was a solution for it.
Only recaro seats where available for my test drive, and I found them exactly as you mentioned, and i said so to the sales associate. Not sure why he kept insisting that recaro's where the way to go.
I've heard the the 2020's are arriving soon, so perhaps a good deal can be found on the 2019 with the options you mentioned.
Many thanks for your time and great advice, Burt

revinto7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 shelby-gt 14 camaro SS 1LE
Hi Dave! Wow, your advice is gold. Your car dealership experience is also extremely helpful. No extended warranty, got it. I've read others mention rattling but I didn't know there was a solution for it.
Only recaro seats where available for my test drive, and I found them exactly as you mentioned, and i said so to the sales associate. Not sure why he kept insisting that recaro's where the way to go.
I've heard the the 2020's are arriving soon, so perhaps a good deal can be found on the 2019 with the options you mentioned.
Many thanks for your time and great advice, Burt
recaros are the way to go when the dealer only has them in the car he is selling you !!! you give up power memory seat and heat and cooling feature with recaros .. next magna ride is a must have option i have an 18 without and a 19 with it ...2020 Bullitt models are getting a 1500 dollar bump in price !! i read that in a ford article !!!

OP
OP

Burt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Burt
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
recaros are the way to go when the dealer only has them in the car he is selling you !!! you give up power memory seat and heat and cooling feature with recaros .. next magna ride is a must have option i have an 18 without and a 19 with it ...2020 Bullitt models are getting a 1500 dollar bump in price !! i read that in a ford article !!!
Hi Revinto7. Hah! Well said, and thanks for the heads up! Burt

Sponsored

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
2020s are available and the price increase appears to be from a gas guzzler tax. The fuel economy rating is lower this year, even though nothing changed on the engine. It's likely because a different measurement process was put in place.

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
Read the car and driver thread review above.
I've had mine 13 months now and couldn't have written it any better

Stop shagging round and just go and buy it!!! i

rcl4668

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang - Dark Highland Green
Hi all. First time here. Pleased to meet you.
Went for a short test drive in the 2019 Bullitt here in Fremont CA yesterday. Fantastic car. Very exciting! Never drove anything like it.
If I buy it, I want to drive the car everyday, and i'll probably keep it a good long while to enjoy it.

Could I ask your advice on:

1. I'm not a fan of the recaro seats. Will the standard seats do?
2. Do i need the "electronics package' option?
3. Magna-ride option seems mandatory. True?
4. purchase an extended warranty?
5. Any other advice would be most welcome.

If properly maintained, is there a "oil consumption" issue that I need to worry about? This is a major concern for me.
I'm also not sure about this "ticking" noise from other threads.

I don't expect perfection, but I want to be aware of and avoid major issues (like the oil), and just enjoy this awesome car.

Many thanks,
Burt
I am a first-time Mustang owner and have been thrilled with the Bullitt. It checks so many boxes for me: muscle car feel without muscle car build issues, the sound of the exhaust, modern tech, daily driver comfort, oh, and did I mention the sound of the exhaust? To your questions:

Most online and print reviews I have seen point to the sweet spot as a Bullitt optioned with the Magneride (mandatory due to some choppiness/bounce with the standard suspension setup) and the Electronics Package (upgraded stereo and modern driver aids like blind spot warnings etc). The Recaros seem nice if you are going to track the car (the seats have the two pass throughs below the headrest where you can install six-point harnesses) but you lose heating/cooling, electric adjustability and some writers have found them not as comfortable for long distance driving compared to the standard seats which are great.

I got the extended warranty but only because my dealer through it in at almost no cost.

I highly recommend this car.

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 Roushcharged F150, 2016 GT350R, 2013 Boss 302LS, 2009 GT/CS, 2000 Cobra R, 1995 Cobra R
Vehicle Showcase
No doubt get the Bullitt for everyday drive, it gets as much attention as a GT350 and much better for a DD.

Drivun

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2007 Corvette, 1997 M3, 1972 Challenger, 1972 El Camino, 1967 Mustang GT 390, 1966 Corvette
I’d give an extended warranty serous consideration but the trick for low pricing is to buy a Ford warranty online from Anderson and Koch Ford. 8yr 100k is about $1000. While engine/trans are big items, +$150/hr labor rates make warranty a likely payback on anything of new/unknown material /design , hard to access or electronic. Did similar for 2007 vette and payback within 100k came thru rad replacement ( plastic/metal seal) and rusty fuel sender replacement. Sender replacement required dropping both tanks at $1500 cost.

On wed I bought a BULLIT with magnaride, electronics and stock seats based on car and driver recommendations. I am 6 ‘ 220lbs but with a long torso and use Recaros in all my restomods but for long distance touring my 5’3” wife found bolsters uncomfortable so standard seats this time.

Sponsored

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
‘05 GMC P/U, ‘17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
I’d give an extended warranty serous consideration but the trick for low pricing is to buy a Ford warranty online from Anderson and Koch Ford. 8yr 100k is about $1000. While engine/trans are big items, +$150/hr labor rates make warranty a likely payback on anything of new/unknown material /design , hard to access or electronic. Did similar for 2007 vette and payback within 100k came thru rad replacement ( plastic/metal seal) and rusty fuel sender replacement. Sender replacement required dropping both tanks at $1500 cost.

On wed I bought a BULLIT with magnaride, electronics and stock seats based on car and driver recommendations. I am 6 ‘ 220lbs but with a long torso and use Recaros in all my restomods but for long distance touring my 5’3” wife found bolsters uncomfortable so standard seats this time.
Hi - Congrats on buying the Bullitt, you’ll enjoy it. I too considered my wife and the fact that we are in our 70s when deciding not to get Recaros - no regrets. Since I didn’t do a comparison, I accepted the general consensus and opted for the MagneRide. In my opinion the Performance Package is more of a personal convenience and comfort choice as opposed to a handling and performance option. Warranties are a tough one because of the high cost of parts and labor today, but is similar to buying insurance. The only reason companies offer warranties, whether it on washing machines or cars, is because they make money on them - plain and simple. I spend enough on other (more critical?) types of insurance (home, auto and health with fairly large deductibles) that I have always refused to buy supplemental warranties on anything. So far I am way ahead of the game. It’s a gamble, but I will qualify my statement by acknowledging that I can likely, but not happily, afford to pay for any expenses that fall outside the standard warranties. So again, like so many other choices we make it has to be based on your personal situation. Safe and happy driving... Bruce

Drivun

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2007 Corvette, 1997 M3, 1972 Challenger, 1972 El Camino, 1967 Mustang GT 390, 1966 Corvette
Bruce, I too over my 65 years have always been in a position to self insure, but decided on my first ever extended warranty on the Vette based on today's economics. At the time, I clearly remembered a Car and Driver article from the 80's praising the Audi Quatro coupe when new but cautioning the turbos, 4wd, and related electronics would make it a pricey car to own long term. I'd agree with you on TVs, computers,furnaces, etc where repair labor rates arent +$150/hr. or if you trade your cars in every 3-5 yrs, where the basic warranty gets you thru. Indeed on the LT warranty Ford counts on a short trade in cycle, which cancels the extended coverage when it goes thru a dealer vs. private buyer, and thus limits Ford's costs.

I hold my cars forever, so I benefit from all 100,000 miles of coverage. When the dealer asks +$2400 my caution flag goes up. I still think the online Ford Premium Care ESP coverage for $1000, works out to a breakeven of about 7 hrs of labor charges (then add in parts!). I think that labor is pretty probable on the next 64000 miles /3-5 yrs on one or more of 1000 parts in the following categories:

ENGINE,TRANSMISSION,REAR-WHEEL DRIVE,STEERING,BRAKES,FRONT SUSPENSION,ELECTRICAL,AIR CONDITIONING AND HEATING,HIGH-TECH,SAFETY,FORD AUDIO,EMISSIONS

Before the vette's plastic/metal rad, I never replaced a rad in a 5 yr old car let alone one driven in San Diego (2 yrs past basic coverage). The vette took two in 100,000 miles at $600 per rad in parts. And I've never replaced an $80 sending unit that required dropping the suspension and two gas tanks to get to it for $1500 labor., at 100,000 miles - again outside basic 3yr/36k. And guess whats happening again at 140,000 miles? So just cautioning potential long term owners to think thru warranty needs thoroughly and if interested seriously consider shopping Ford warranty online for best deal.

Looking forward to +150,000 miles horsin' around!!

Bruce FYI - I lived in Fairport for 3 yrs while at Bausch + Lomb and loved tracking the M3 at Watkins Glen. Lovely area but killer snowfalls! ! LOL !

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
‘05 GMC P/U, ‘17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
Bruce, I too over my 65 years have always been in a position to self insure, but decided on my first ever extended warranty on the Vette based on today's economics. At the time, I clearly remembered a Car and Driver article from the 80's praising the Audi Quatro coupe when new but cautioning the turbos, 4wd, and related electronics would make it a pricey car to own long term. I'd agree with you on TVs, computers,furnaces, etc where repair labor rates arent +$150/hr. or if you trade your cars in every 3-5 yrs, where the basic warranty gets you thru. Indeed on the LT warranty Ford counts on a short trade in cycle, which cancels the extended coverage when it goes thru a dealer vs. private buyer, and thus limits Ford's costs.

I hold my cars forever, so I benefit from all 100,000 miles of coverage. When the dealer asks +$2400 my caution flag goes up. I still think the online Ford Premium Care ESP coverage for $1000, works out to a breakeven of about 7 hrs of labor charges (then add in parts!). I think that labor is pretty probable on the next 64000 miles /3-5 yrs on one or more of 1000 parts in the following categories:

ENGINE,TRANSMISSION,REAR-WHEEL DRIVE,STEERING,BRAKES,FRONT SUSPENSION,ELECTRICAL,AIR CONDITIONING AND HEATING,HIGH-TECH,SAFETY,FORD AUDIO,EMISSIONS

Before the vette's plastic/metal rad, I never replaced a rad in a 5 yr old car let alone one driven in San Diego (2 yrs past basic coverage). The vette took two in 100,000 miles at $600 per rad in parts. And I've never replaced an $80 sending unit that required dropping the suspension and two gas tanks to get to it for $1500 labor., at 100,000 miles - again outside basic 3yr/36k. And guess whats happening again at 140,000 miles? So just cautioning potential long term owners to think thru warranty needs thoroughly and if interested seriously consider shopping Ford warranty online for best deal.

Looking forward to +150,000 miles horsin' around!!

Bruce FYI - I lived in Fairport for 3 yrs while at Bausch + Lomb and loved tracking the M3 at Watkins Glen. Lovely area but killer snowfalls! ! LOL !
Yeah, I can understand your perspective, particularly given the extensive high cost techie parts. In the short season we have up here I’ll probably put between 3 and 5,000 miles annually on it so my basic warranty will be up before I reach the limits. I’ll think about it and maybe re-evaluate at that time. I’m age 78 so I may have at best ten years of driving left before the family hides my car keys on me. Hell, I joke about being reluctant to buy green bananas at my age so it seems silly to think ten years out... Bruce

Last edited:

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I notice you're in Milpitas. FYI Lithia Ford in Fresno has had the same 6 Bullitts sitting on their lot for almost a year. Three blacks and three greens I think. I'm sure they have every option combination there is. I'm equally sure they'd like to move these things. They had a Roush Ecoboost for more than two years and offered any salesman who could sell it a $1000 bonus.

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
I notice you're in Milpitas. FYI Lithia Ford in Fresno has had the same 6 Bullitts sitting on their lot for almost a year. Three blacks and three greens I think. I'm sure they have every option combination there is. I'm equally sure they'd like to move these things. They had a Roush Ecoboost for more than two years and offered any salesman who could sell it a $1000 bonus.
NICE!!!
You can probably get them to take off a bit more at the end of this month.
Sponsored