Advertisement

Why did you purchase your Bullitt?

Discussion in '2019-2020 Bullitt Mustang' started by cosmo73, Jul 16, 2020.

?

Reason for Bullitt purchase

1. DHG Color

45.5%
  2. 480hp enhanced Coyote engine

56.8%
  3. Fan of the movie/Steve McQueen

25.0%
  4. Because it’s a tribute/numbered edition Mustang

40.9%
  5. None of the above... please explain in a post!

9.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. cosmo73

cosmo73 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Bullitt
    0   0   0
    Curious why you all selected the Bullitt over other Mustang models. For me it was a combination of the exclusive color and extra power. You can make 2 selections in the poll.

2. MikeyTX

MikeyTX Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Bullitt, DHGM. Born on 20 Feb, 2019. Purchased 06 Jul, 2020
    Retired
    0   0   0
    Actually ................. All of the choices. Car gets so many compliments when I stop to fuel. More so than my C7 Z06.

Bullitt_3461 likes this.
  3. SunTzu

SunTzu Active Member

0   0   0
    I agree with The Texan, Mikey. All the reasons.

4. npole

npole Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    Mustang Bullitt 2019
    0   0   0
    Alle the above except being a McQueen fan, plus I find it quite unique in style, a perfect mix between modernity and timeless fashion. When I buy a car I'm always worried that I could get bored of its look, but looking at the Bullitt and its subtle but stylish difference versus the GT, I believe I would never get bored of it in a year or 10 years. I could put my hands on the engine, I don't think I'll ever add anything that could transform its original look.

Bullitt69 likes this.
  5. jwt

jwt Active Member

First Name:
    John
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
    0   0   0
    I wanted a manual grand tourer, cross shopped against the charger, challenger and camaro. Yeah I know auto only but hey I was only looking

Saw a Bullitt in a dealership while getting other car serviced, fell in love with the cueball, the color, loved the movie* so bonus there and the fact it was a step up from a GT but not a GT350 so my kidneys wouldn't get beaten every time I drove it and pissed blood after a spirited drive :)

Loved the aluminium switches, the digital display and when i test drove it the exhaust, oh my God, I want I want I want.

I also didn't want a mid life crisis look at me car so understated , no stripes, no badges, beautiful color (green isn't my favorite color but cant fault the DHG) was a plus. The fact my teenage kids cant fit in the back is a plus :like:

Biggest negative for me was the hood prop, I mean seriously Ford come on, the engine bay is a mess but they always are in Fords, looks like a plumber had a party in the bay. Oh and the gear box, drove a Challenger manual, man that's a nice box. Scat pack was a reasonable compromise on big wallow and firm ride as well.

*Fun fact, when I collected the car my son drove me there in his black hellcat charger and I followed him home. Guess what sound track I was playing on the way home. Only negative was he refused to crash into a gas station at the end :)

PS why do they all play the wrong song on youtube, its not the theme tune folks, it's "Shifting Gears"

6. AnotherSteve

AnotherSteve New Member

First Name:
    Steve
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 BULLITT
    0   0   0
    I voted for the DHG color. I love it more when its sunny so perhaps I really like light HG. Second would be the understated look that jwt mentioned but it wasn't a choice. Look is low key badassness!

7. Tacswa

Tacswa Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2019 Bullitt - Shadow Black
    0   0   0
    I'm the step child, ended up with a black Bullitt. Had a hard time deciding if the green was for me. It is a beautiful color, just couldn't decide if it was for me. I kept thinking green with the red calipers is like a xmas ornament. For me, it wasn't about the movie or McQueen, I liked that it was slightly different than a GT, had a bit more HP, and a limited edition. Black normally isn't for me either, but the dealer added stripes that really helped the looked IMO, so I bought it.

Bullitt_3461 likes this.
  8. OP
    OP
    cosmo73

First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Bullitt
    0   0   0
    Can you post a picture?

9. Usmc341

Usmc341 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Joe
    Vehicle(s):
    2020 Bullit
    0   0   0
    I came from a Hellcat. It was fun as hell and insanely fast. But it's not all about fast (at least to me). This car is so much more fun to drive. Superchargers sound great, but there's nothing like the sound of a highly tuned N/A motor. Oh yea, DHG is awesome.

Shibaman likes this.
  10. Tacswa

Tacswa Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2019 Bullitt - Shadow Black
    0   0   0
    25CDA9D3-E170-4EEB-B00F-5E23AF0ACAEF.jpeg 14F1F156-1E15-4545-9962-3F6DB09BD8B0.jpeg

Tukman, OldPhart and cosmo73 like this.
  11. Elp_jc

Elp_jc Well-Known Member

First Name:
    JC
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Bullitt K7979, MR, Nav, B&O, Cover
    0   0   0
    Never saw the movie, etc. I voted none of the above, since the Bullitt was the cheapest fully-loaded GT by far. In fact, I couldn't find a single GT fully loaded like the Bullitt, so it was the only choice, basically. I wanted black initially, but after seeing that it had green stitching inside, it was a deal-breaker for me, so ended up with a proper green :D. Also liked it didn't have any badges, so saved the time to remove them since day 1. Initially wanted to remove all Bullitt parts, but eventually warmed up to them, so it will stay stock. And yes, the sound seems to be unique, and the best V8 I've ever heard, so that did it for me. And of all the other choices, the extra 20HP was welcome, along with the GT350 engine parts :).

Turbo23 likes this.
  12. OP
    OP
    cosmo73

First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Bullitt
    0   0   0
    Very nicely done! You have one sweet ride.

Tacswa likes this.
  13. Bulutt

Bulutt Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Avi
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Bullitt
    0   0   0
    GREAT looking mustang and a great drive BUT just not a Bullitt. Ford got it wrong too. A Bullitt can only be DHG. PERIOD.

14. jwt

jwt Active Member

First Name:
    John
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
    0   0   0

I'm not a fan of stripes but that looks nice

15. Speedycrw

Speedycrw Active Member

First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Bullitt K1913, 2015 Dodge Hellcat 6M, 2010 Mustang GT (racecar) 5M, 2020 BMW 440i Xdrive 6M, 2018 Dodge Ram 3500 Aisin Auto
    Business Owner
    0   0   0
    I voted for the DHG and 480 hp, but I also love the "plain jane" look, no badges(except the Bullitt dogbowl), no rear spoiler, clean crisp lines!

OldPhart, AnotherSteve and Shibaman like this.