Why did you purchase your Bullitt?

Reason for Bullitt purchase

• Total voters

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
I traided in a damn good 15 gt modded. Really nice car. Only had 7000 mi in 4 yrs. The Bullitt....4500 in one yr. All fun...curves...cruising.
Drove the bullitt....fell in love. The magnaride....motor that screams to 7400 rpm. American v8? Only done 2 mods....h pipe...FR m 9602 m suspension. May buy the steeda lower brace. The car is way faster than i am a driver.
Sponsored

ionpig

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt 2019, MagnaRide, Recaro's etc...2016 Land Rover Discovery 4 Landmark Edition, 2012 Mini Cooper
Curious why you all selected the Bullitt over other Mustang models. For me it was a combination of the exclusive color and extra power. You can make 2 selections in the poll.
For me it was all of those things combined plus MagneRide is standard on UK cars.

o-man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
I got mine mainly due to price and being a CPO car with 2300 miles on it. Traded my 2015 GT and 2008 G37 coupe for it. 480hp doesn't hurt either

Bullitt_3461

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang Mach 1
All of the above. I'm 34, had 20 cars in my life, most of them highly track modified JDM Hondas that could keep up and own most domestics besides the Vette. To me Mustangs were an absolute joke growing up, solid rear axle? LOL! In 2015 Ford finally made this car worth buying (besides the 03-04 Cobra and the solid rear GT500).

V8, Magna Ride, Independant Rear Suspension, LSD, Technology, Digital Cluster, 6 Speed..... add all the good Steeda parts from the aftermarket and this car really is an engineering marvel.

ionpig

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt 2019, MagnaRide, Recaro's etc...2016 Land Rover Discovery 4 Landmark Edition, 2012 Mini Cooper
All of the above. I'm 34, had 20 cars in my life, most of them highly track modified JDM Hondas that could keep up and own most domestics besides the Vette. To me Mustangs were an absolute joke growing up, solid rear axle? LOL! In 2015 Ford finally made this car worth buying (besides the 03-04 Cobra and the solid rear GT500).

V8, Magna Ride, Independant Rear Suspension, LSD, Technology, Digital Cluster, 6 Speed..... add all the good Steeda parts from the aftermarket and this car really is an engineering marvel.
Some poor sole paid almost £60k (as they were going over list price because everyone thought Ford would only produce 500 of these) for mine, which I then picked up for only 43K with 800 miles a year later in exchange for an immediate deal. (He needed the cash for a McLaren!)

Sponsored

Bullitt_3461

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang Mach 1
Some poor sole paid almost £60k (as they were going over list price because everyone thought Ford would only produce 500 of these) for mine, which I then picked up for only 43K with 800 miles a year later in exchange for an immediate deal. (He needed the cash for a McLaren!)
I also paid 43k for mine, with 700 miles and every option including the car cover.

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
‘05 GMC P/U, ‘17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
Hi - I only checked the color box. Other choices didn't click with me. Originally the attraction was the color which fit nicely with my Irish and Scottish heritage. Black was the choice for my last Vette and current Impala so either color would have been okay, but the "Bullitt" aspect screamed DHG. The original Ford promo video reminded me of an exhaust sound that harkened back to my '55 Ford glass packs - not disappointed. I like the idea and sound of a reasonably powerful naturally aspirated V8 engine - super charged sound doesn't appeal to me. I think I like the uniqueness factor as well - rarely see another one. I'll use the phrase "sleeper/retro look" to explain another attraction for me - clean grill, no spoiler, chrome trim, etc. Stick shift was a must for me with a sports car so the fact an auto tranny was not offered was irrelevant. Finally, with the addition of the Electronics Package and MagneRide options it was a very complete package from my perspective. Other than the subtle pinstriping I added, there is nothing else I plan to do. I'm 78 with typical age related arthritis so passing on the Recaro Seats was a no-brainer. Besides, for the same reason, the memory seat and "air bidet" seat cooling features are nice bonuses. I'm so old I guess you'd have the call this a late-in-life crisis car. I think the Vette was the mid-life crisis car. I'm having a blast and life is a hoot in spite of the age... Bruce

Last edited:

ionpig

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Hi - I only checked the color box. Other choices didn't click with me. Originally the attraction was the color which fit nicely with my Irish and Scottish heritage. Black was the choice for my last Vette and current Impala so either color would have been okay, but the "Bullitt" aspect screamed DHG. The original Ford promo video reminded me of an exhaust sound that harkened back to my '55 Ford glass packs - not disappointed. I like the idea and sound of a reasonably powerful naturally aspirated V8 engine - super charged sound doesn't appeal to me. I think I like the uniqueness factor as well - rarely see another one. I'll use the phrase "sleeper/retro look" to explain another attraction for me - clean grill, no spoiler, chrome trim, etc. Stick shift was a must for me with a sports car so the fact an auto tranny was not offered was irrelevant. Finally, with the addition of the Electronics Package and MagneRide options it was a very complete package from my perspective. Other than the subtle pinstriping I added, there is nothing else I plan to do. I'm 78 with typical age related arthritis so passing on the Recaro Seats was a no-brainer. Besides, for the same reason, the memory seat and "air bidet" seat cooling features are nice bonuses. I'm so old I guess you'd have the call this a late-in-life crisis car. I think the Vette was the mid-life crisis car. I'm having a blast and life is a hoot in spite of the age... Bruce
Awesome Bruce! Great to see your love for cars is still strong. My last 2017 GT's seats were murder on my lower back on long trips. I can cover 400 miles in the Recaro's and still feel like I could do another. True they don't have the cooling etc..but it's a sports car not a health spa!

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Awesome Bruce! Great to see your love for cars is still strong. My last 2017 GT's seats were murder on my lower back on long trips. I can cover 400 miles in the Recaro's and still feel like I could do another. True they don't have the cooling etc..but it's a sports car not a health spa!
Hi - It's the entry and exit aspect that made the Recaros unattractive to us, not the riding comfort. When you're my age you'll understand. I had Sport Seats in my Vette (somewhat similar to Recaros) and we both struggled these past few years. It was like climbing in and out of a cockpit. My wife said it was hard to appear ladylike, particularly with a dress on. If it hadn't been for that aspect I might have kept the Vette because it had similar handling qualities, albeit it less but adequate horsepower, and it had several good years still left on it (60,000 miles). The extra h.p. was not an attraction to me at my age, and although I do enjoy rowing through the gears at times, I have no need to utilize all 480 ponies. I don't know if the '17 seats are different, but these are very comfortable. We just made a 300+ trip at the end of June and we felt fresh at the end. I was first introduced to memory seats on my current Impala and while technically frivolous, they are a nice amenity with regards to my arthritis as the seat automatically moves way back making entry and exit less awkward. It's a bit like cruise control. When it was first introduced I laughed at what I considered a truly frivolous option. Now I wouldn't be without it. Every year the cars seem to add a new feature that we eventually get hooked on. It would be nice to have my teeth automatically brushed for me a couple of times a day on long trip, hmmm. Take care and I hope you enjoy cars as long as I have. Once fun cars get in your blood, it doesn't go away... Bruce

WhatTheFetch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
19 Bullitt / 15 BMW M3
Vehicle Showcase
I voted for DHG and the 480HP Coyote. Not really a McQueen fan but he seemed like cool dude that liked cars and motorcycles.. And the chase scene was awesome for the time.

I wasn't in the market for a car but I stumbled on the incentives Ford was offering so I decided to check out a GT having owned one in the past. The dealership had a Bullitt in front.. I didn't know much about them, I thought they were good looking with the understated badging and color. I took one for a test drive and put my 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE up for sale the next day. While I thoroughly enjoyed driving the 1LE it lacked some creature comforts the Bullitt offers plus in my humble opinion there is just a cool factor that the 1LE didn't have either. Oh and the exhaust note!... NO regrets! :sunglasses:

Last edited:

Sponsored

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
You bought a very nice car. Even stock a great car with the magnaride...solid. On a twisty road...would have left my 15 with mods. Bruce...i traded in my 15 gt with only 7000 mi. A new car. My 19 bullitt has 4500 mi in a yr. Just more fun to drive. Cruise with the girlfriend
...lunch....relaxed. Or drive the crap out of it on the river roads....hwy 36. This car an do it all!

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
You bought a very nice car. Even stock a great car with the magnaride...solid. On a twisty road...would have left my 15 with mods. Bruce...i traded in my 15 gt with only 7000 mi. A new car. My 19 bullitt has 4500 mi in a yr. Just more fun to drive. Cruise with the girlfriend
...lunch....relaxed. Or drive the crap out of it on the river roads....hwy 36. This car an do it all!
Hi - You hit the nail on the head with "Just fun to drive." It's not a particular aspect, it's a combination of things: respectable power, good handling, comfortable ride, addicting exhaust sound, unique appearance, etc. No regrets on the upgrade from the older Vette and the wife likes it better as well... Bruce

Last edited:

SideShowB0b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt K4342
Vehicle Showcase
This car is everything i was modifying my first car to be (see “my garage”) when i was a kid. Am finally at a point in my life where i can buy the car i want, and when i discovered the combination of features the Bullitt has, I had to have it! In addition to the extra HP, premium comfort and performance stuff, and the opportunity to go back to my “roots” as a car guy:
- i feel it nearing the last of a dying breed: a true manual (3 pedal) car, rear drive, big power V8, and i love it! No ridiculous turbo paddle shift battery powered crapbox for me!
- and ultimately this:

I wanted a manual grand tourer,
which is what this car truly is. and it’s awesome!!!

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Saturday morning was sitting in the cafe having my morning coffee reading the drive section of the newspaper when I read a little bit about Ford releasing a 50th anniversary Bullitt. Monday morning I walk into the dealership and put my name down with $1000 deposit and wait. No idea what the cost will be and no idea when I would get it. 1968 and a 16 year old car crazy kid goes to see Steve McQeen in a new movie. No mention of a car chase. McQeen is the biggest movie star in the world AND the coolest guy on the planet. The kid Is watching the movie when all of a sudden there is the car chase. Holy f... For the first time in movie history the kid is inside the car, no music; just the car noises, jumping over the humps, screaming round the corners, flying down the road. Why did I buy a Bullitt. Why do you think. I have been a fan for over 50 years AND the car is fabulous!!