04lss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 6mt
Hi all,

I have another post up that i made last night about my clutch shattering on my 2019 GT. Car had about 5k miles on it. I literally just tuned it on friday with a 93 tune from lund. I had been driving around and decided to do a 0-60 run with launch control. The tires spun a bit the engine revved then nothing. I did 2 other pulls with LC but they were all a good 5-10 minutes apart.

I am fully expecting ford to refuse to warranty it. If the refuse the warranty it the plan is to buy a Mcleod clutch, probably the RST from Beefcake.

I want to know if this is something I can reasonably install in a back yard with extra hands to help. I am mechanically competent, and i have access to a fair amount of tools. Is it reasonable to think i could do this on Jack stands? I have never replaced a clutch before, and this is the first RWD car i will have removed the trans from. I really am mechanically inclined, but this is out of my realm of experience. Id like to know before ford calls me for a decision.

Besides the clutch what else do i need? Looks like bearings and alignment tools are included in the kit.
Should i look into replacing anything else while the trans is out of the car?
Sponsored

koldrid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT500
Curious to hear if Ford accepted the repair or not.

OP
OP

04lss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 6mt
Curious to hear if Ford accepted the repair or not.
Ford repaired it under warranty. They basically said "this one was good will, i wouldnt do it again, they may not cover the next one"

OP
OP

04lss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 6mt
Now it has a missfire and the shift knob vibrates.

Sponsored

cop on my back

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I did mine on jackstands in my shop, 2 hours to remove transmission, it is pretty easy. Glad to hear they did it under warranty. Hope you didn't put a Ford one back in.

OP
OP

04lss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 6mt
I did mine on jackstands in my shop, 2 hours to remove transmission, it is pretty easy. Glad to hear they did it under warranty. Hope you didn't put a Ford one back in.
Didnt really have a choice under warranty. Plan is once this one fails, i will throw in a mcleod. I guess now i know launch control is a problem.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT

Im on my second OEM clutch and yea, it's complete garbage. Just beat

I never got a misfire but when I had them install a new OEM clutch ( was told I had half life left when doing a tranny warranty ) , I have had clutch pedal vibes and notchy as all hell shifts ever since. Total garbage clutch.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
The shift knob itself or the reversing collar? If it’s the collar, there’s a very good chance they forgot to put the tiny white collar back on.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
Completely doable on jack stands. Did it last weekend by myself. Definitely get yourself a transmission jack if you don't already have one. I have 6 ton jack stands, and they won't go high enough that I could get the transmission out from under the car unless I took it off the jack. Otherwise you will need to get the car a good 30" or more off the ground. May as well replace the clutch line of you haven't.

IMG_20200423_162103.jpg
IMG_20200423_175218.jpg
IMG_20200423_140030.jpg
IMG_20200424_110032.jpg

Sponsored

DCC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Usually taken apart.
SheepDog, how do you like the Spec clutch? Which one did you choose?

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Completely doable on jack stands. Did it last weekend by myself. Definitely get yourself a transmission jack if you don't already have one. I have 6 ton jack stands, and they won't go high enough that I could get the transmission out from under the car unless I took it off the jack. Otherwise you will need to get the car a good 30" or more off the ground. May as well replace the clutch line of you haven't.

IMG_20200423_162103.jpg
IMG_20200423_175218.jpg
IMG_20200423_140030.jpg
IMG_20200424_110032.jpg

Bravo sir. How tight was that starfish working under there with those stands that high?..

You got determination for sure. I dig it.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Bravo sir. How tight was that starfish working under there with those stands that high?..

You got determination for sure. I dig it.
Lol. At first, fairly tight but after a while it was just like "phuk it" if the car comes down then it was my time. the 6 ton stands are pretty damn stable. It would be even better if you have the 12 ton stands.

DCC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Usually taken apart.
I've been changing my clutch today and I'm stuck trying to get the transmission to go back in. The alignment tool slides in but I can only get the transmission to within a 1/4 inch of going in. My arms are so sore from pulling, pushing, lifting and giving it the finger. Any suggestions on getting this thing to go back in?
Sponsored