Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
So I take it there is no fix and I am just going to have to deal with it then?
That's up to you. I'm just saying lots of people have been very frustrated by it. Some eventually get it fixed many don't. Some that get it fixed have it come back.

hedonest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Competition orange 2015 GT
Didn't want to start a new thread but I am getting some horrible noises. Videos of in cabin noise below. There are 2 distinct noises - clunk and squeak.

We tried to replicate it on stand but couldn't even after jumping on the car!

Any ideas are welcome. mods in the signature.
[MENTION=9985]BMR Tech[/MENTION], please advise...

Last edited:

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Didn't want to start a new thread but I am getting some horrible noises. Videos of in cabin noise below. There are 2 distinct noises - clunk and squeak.

When did the noises start? Any recent work or changes? What suspension mods do you have?

hedonest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had SP080 for a year. No noises.
Started after I got rest of the work done - FRPP M-18000-F & BMR CB005,BK055,TR005, TCA045 & SB043.

Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
I had SP080 for a year. No noises.
Started after I got rest of the work done - FRPP M-18000-F & BMR CB005,BK055,TR005, TCA045 & SB043.
I don't know all the BMR part numbers being a Steeda fan. Have you tried talking to Kelly about it? He is very helpful and may be able to offer some suggestions.

hedonest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't know all the BMR part numbers being a Steeda fan. Have you tried talking to Kelly about it? He is very helpful and may be able to offer some suggestions.
haha... my bad. Dint think about that.
So basically, front & rear sway bar kit, Rear Control Arm Billet Vertical Link, Adjustable Rear Toe Rods (Spherical Bushings), Rear Lower Control Arm Replacement Bearing & Bushing Lockout Kit along with FRPP shocks & struts :)

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Did you replace the factory knuckle to toe link soggy rubber bushing? If not check out the condition of them. There was a BMR vertical link that a few people have had noises from and they switch to a different one and problem is gone.

hedonest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you replace the factory knuckle to toe link soggy rubber bushing? If not check out the condition of them. There was a BMR vertical link that a few people have had noises from and they switch to a different one and problem is gone.
I know that we removed the bearings from the OEM Toe Links and used the TR005 ones. But how do you get rubber bushing replacement? If I remember checking with one of the spare parts shop, Ford only provides them with a set and not individually.
I will take out & reinstall the assembly. At this time I will be able to check if any parts have been under stress.
If vertical links is the problem, surely kelly should have something to say...

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
I know that we removed the bearings from the OEM Toe Links and used the TR005 ones. But how do you get rubber bushing replacement? If I remember checking with one of the spare parts shop, Ford only provides them with a set and not individually.
I will take out & reinstall the assembly. At this time I will be able to check if any parts have been under stress.
If vertical links is the problem, surely kelly should have something to say...
I would just ask Kelly, he's a popular guy and a lot to watch. he may have missed it.

These are the FRPP bearings I was talking about Knuckle To Toe Link Bearing Assembly (15-17 GT/EcoBoost)

Sponsored

hedonest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I took off the toe rods & the pic is attached. I got the work done outside & am working with another garage so not sure if its the frpp bearing thats attached or stock. Any advise?
IMG_5472.jpg
IMG_5473.jpg

OP
OP

Must_Tang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gone-2016 Mustang GT Premium
All, just wanted to give kudos to Matt at Steeda, and to the company for providing excellent support for their products. Two thumbs up!!

Nerass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Premium GT
I'm no expert but that looks like a stock one to me.

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
Problem solved. It is the Steeda billet shock mount rattling.

I switched the shocks left to right, and now the noise is coming from the left rear. When I had the shocks off there is noticeably less tension on the noisy spherical bearing, hence the rattle.

Everything is torqued correctly.

I'll reach out to Steeda on Monday.
Just had my new springs/shocks/billet mounts and am noticing a rattle from the right rear over certain surfaces. Wonder if it’s the same issue.

erne75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/ PP

[MENTION=9985]BMR Tech[/MENTION], please advise...

My car developed the clunking sound (no squeak though) after I installed UPR adjustable toe links and vertical links. It was sporadic at first but after installing Steeda's differential bushings it matches the clunking intensity in the video. Interesting that when it rains the clunking seems to go away significantly which might point to a bushing or bearing (water acting as a lubricant). It mostly clunks at low speed when going over irregular pavement...

Did you ever figure out the problem?
Sponsored