Sleek_gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
Hey Guys

I've searched and read through a lot of different threads and have not really found much info.

I just recently purchased a 2020 GT with PP1, at the time of install it had roughly 850kms. I ordered a set of Accelatec springs/CJPP. After installed I noticed a very slight creak/cluck on the passenger front side, it only really happens when im back out of my driveway or onto my drive way at low speeds, when driving about it does not make this sound. I took the vehicle to get a wheel alignment and had them check everything. All bolts were torqued to proper specs, springs are seated properly, they said its possibly a bad spring? I've read that front and rear control arm bushings need to be re'clocked but after speaking with the mechanic shop, they informed me that it isnt required. If anyone can offer insight that would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Reclocking the bushings as part of lowering is something that should be done (and is at least implied in the factory shop manual when certain suspension components are replaced). I'm guessing the shop didn't want to do it during the job, and didn't want to go to the effort of loosening bushing bolts to get it right later.

Norm

OP
OP

Sleek_gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
Reclocking the bushings as part of lowering is something that should be done (and is at least implied in the factory shop manual when certain suspension components are replaced). I'm guessing the shop didn't want to do it during the job, and didn't want to go to the effort of loosening bushing bolts to get it right later.

Norm

I had a feeling that was the case. Are the clunking sounds associated with reclocking the bushings?

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

Sleek_gt

Threads