Sponsored

Clock on my Sync system keeps reverting back an hour.

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Has anyone else experienced this? Sometimes I will set it and it will stay at the time for several days and then other times, I will be driving and have to set it several times. It goes back 1 hour, I am guessing to standard time. My car was down all winter and I just got it running since we went back to daylight savings ime. It was doing it last spring and it is doing it again now.
Sponsored

Don H

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Never heard of this, but try to reset Sync. Press Audio Power and Right Seek buttons simultaneously for 5 to 10 seconds until the screen goes black.

OP
OP
HKusp

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I will try that, thanks.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Has anyone else experienced this? Sometimes I will set it and it will stay at the time for several days and then other times, I will be driving and have to set it several times. It goes back 1 hour, I am guessing to standard time. My car was down all winter and I just got it running since we went back to daylight savings ime. It was doing it last spring and it is doing it again now.
img.jpg

1712164818686-m7.gif

tomservo92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Just out of curiosity, did the reset fix the issue?

Sponsored

Traffic22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 Raptor, 2011 Ford CV Lemons Race Car
Not sure if this is your issue, but…..Remember if you live in a day light savings time area, and have sync use GPS for time, it doesn’t account for DST. UTC which is the GPS standard does not use DST. Have had this issue with Ford sync for years in a number of different vehicles. Fix is to sync it to gps time, fix the one hour manually , and you’ll be good till he clock changes again.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Turn off DST.

OP
OP
HKusp

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Turn off DST.
I turned off the GPS update, still does it.

Not sure if this is your issue, but…..Remember if you live in a day light savings time area, and have sync use GPS for time, it doesn’t account for DST. UTC which is the GPS standard does not use DST. Have had this issue with Ford sync for years in a number of different vehicles. Fix is to sync it to gps time, fix the one hour manually , and you’ll be good till he clock changes again.
My watch uses GPS for time it doesn't revert back. My Verizon phone uses probably the same system, it doesn't revert back.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
I don't remember the settings/options for the clock but a couple of thoughts.
Does it have a setting to automatically adjust for the DST change. I don't think so but???
Is there a setting to pick a time zone?
I take it the Sync reset didn't help?
Maybe try downloading the latest Sync version and reloading?
Are you sure your battery is in good shape? Weak/failing batteries do all sorts of odd things to modern cars.

OP
OP
HKusp

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I don't remember the settings/options for the clock but a couple of thoughts.
Does it have a setting to automatically adjust for the DST change. I don't think so but???
Is there a setting to pick a time zone?
I take it the Sync reset didn't help?
Maybe try downloading the latest Sync version and reloading?
Are you sure your battery is in good shape? Weak/failing batteries do all sorts of odd things to modern cars.
Battery is a year old this month and the car was down for 9 months of it. It did it before and after this battery. I have not done the reset yet, but I will this evening. I actually couldn't remember the procedure, which is why I looked this thread up and replied to it. It doesn't do it every day, sometimes it'll go weeks and be fine, then other times it will do it a couple times in one day. I really can't isolate what the conditions are that trigger it.

Sponsored

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
Battery is a year old this month and the car was down for 9 months of it. It did it before and after this battery. I have not done the reset yet, but I will this evening. I actually couldn't remember the procedure, which is why I looked this thread up and replied to it. It doesn't do it every day, sometimes it'll go weeks and be fine, then other times it will do it a couple times in one day. I really can't isolate what the conditions are that trigger it.
Do you have daylight savings time set?

OP
OP
HKusp

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I haven't found that setting either.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't found that setting either.
4" sync 3 has never lost the time. It displays exactly what I tell it. 😀

When will people learn technology is not your friend? And more importantly that Ford software is written by morons?

And yes the 8" does have a dst radio button. Now if you turn off both gps and dst and set the clock manually and it still keeps changing the time, you have gremlins. Gremlins i tellz ya.