Sponsored

'MyMode' keeps reverting back to 'normal' AE (exhaust) setting. Why???

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Curious if I'm the only one, and why. From normal mode, I changed the steering to 'comfort', and exhaust to 'sport'. And every time I start the car, and select 'MyMode', its back to normal exhaust. The rest of the settings are correct, including comfort steering. Am I the only one? I tried everything, from recording it (with the 'ok' button) 3 times in a row, to re-setting the memory buttons while in 'MyMode', and same crap. I always start the car by turning ignition on, selecting MyMode, then firing up the engine. I can immediately tell it's not in sport mode, and yeah, click on the pony button, and MyMode is back to normal exhaust again. Geez. I was having this issue intermittently before replacing the battery (for an AGM), but it became permanent after that: it never remembers it anymore. Any ideas what it could be? Thx.

EDIT: I never set the settings to any key, in case you were wondering that. So that shouldn't be the issue.
Sponsored

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
I wish the car remembered the last setting unless its within the time frame of the quiet mode. Cant this be fixed with fordscan?

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
From what I read it’s always starts quiet

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
"I always start the car by turning ignition on, selecting MyMode, then firing up the engine"

It will always resort back to normal on start unless you have it on quiet startup. The only way my mode will go to what you want is after the car is actually started. You unfortunately cant start the car in sport or track mode.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Think it’s for noise compliance’s ?

Sponsored

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Pretty much. Some state laws have tighter laws with decibles over others so Ford chose to play it safe. The "see manual" for track mode is their way of saying, "not our fault if you get pulled over for being to loud".

tee_cup

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Teecup
Vehicle(s)
GT
The exhaust will always start in normal mode.
My suggestion is to remove the MyMode setting, i.e. set it to some other random setting. Once done, restart the car, and test the MyMode, confirm if it stuck. Then change MyMode to the settings you actually want.

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
Curious if I'm the only one, and why. From normal mode, I changed the steering to 'comfort', and exhaust to 'sport'. And every time I start the car, and select 'MyMode', its back to normal exhaust. The rest of the settings are correct, including comfort steering. Am I the only one? I tried everything, from recording it (with the 'ok' button) 3 times in a row, to re-setting the memory buttons while in 'MyMode', and same crap. I always start the car by turning ignition on, selecting MyMode, then firing up the engine. I can immediately tell it's not in sport mode, and yeah, click on the pony button, and MyMode is back to normal exhaust again. Geez. I was having this issue intermittently before replacing the battery (for an AGM), but it became permanent after that: it never remembers it anymore. Any ideas what it could be? Thx.

EDIT: I never set the settings to any key, in case you were wondering that. So that shouldn't be the issue.
Yes if you flip to my mode prior to engine actually firing and your my mode has track exhaust it will stay in normal mode (unless you have a quiet start scheduled)

from what I have read quiet and normal are the only two that are in compliance so they are the only ones the car can by default go to. Maybe someone can figure out a patch to make it change but for me I just start flip the switch twice and drive.

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
actually, cold starts are in track mode unless you have quiet start on. The valves are wide open on cold start then adjust to normal mode, you can hear it if listen for it. Its much more obvious on my corsa system. You cant save exhaust modes with the car off, my mode has always worked fine for me.

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
actually, cold starts are in track mode unless you have quiet start on. The valves are wide open on cold start then adjust to normal mode, you can hear it if listen for it. Its much more obvious on my corsa system. You cant save exhaust modes with the car off, my mode has always worked fine for me.
This is true. Valves are wide open until you start the car then it reverts to normal.
My mode should definitely save ones preference, but will only go to that mode after the car is started.

Sponsored

AGM2018

COVID-19...COVID-19 is ALWAYS the ANSWER! Has your AE been wearing a mask? Maybe it is "infected" and has lost its memory...yet another "symptom" of COVID-19! :shock::crying::explode::puke::facepalm::facepalm:

OP
OP

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
From what I read it’s always starts quiet
The default is normal. I thought if you change the mode with the ignition on, it'd start on that mode's exhaust setting, but apparently that's not the case. Oh well.

It will always resort back to normal on start. The only way MyMode will go to what you want, is after the car is actually started. You unfortunately can't start the car in sport or track mode.
Thanks man. Just checked MyMode with just the ignition on, and it shows sport exhaust, so your theory sounds correct. That's probably what I did in the past inadvertently. Guess from now on will start the car, then flip the switch to MyMode, so it doesn't change the exhaust setting back to normal. It's a PITA having to change it back every time:angry:.

actually, cold starts are in track mode unless you have quiet start on.
Only for a fraction of a second while the valves adjust, so I'd say it starts in normal :D.

Thanks to all who responded. I read that if you changed the setting with the ignition on, it'd start in that mode, but it turned out to be false. From now on, will start engine without touching anything (meaning in normal default mode), then right after it fires up, flip the mode switch twice to select MyMode. It should work.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Yeah I don’t have activate exhaust on my car. It wasn’t an option my lot car although I thought it was cool... I added an exhaust anyways MBRP Race... mad loud 24/7.

I have my mode but to me it’s useless so I turn it off.... can’t find a need for it... I can save 2 settings... steering and whatever mode I desire. So I don’t use it. I set my car to normal or sport or whatever else it needs to be in.

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX

i can hear a definite difference when i click into track mode from normal on cold start, unless it only has valves in track for a quarter of a second and then reverts to normal im going to say the ear test disagrees. i have had the exhaust settings screen open and went into track immediately after turning the car on and it is still a noticeable difference.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
COVID-19...COVID-19 is ALWAYS the ANSWER! Has your AE been wearing a mask? Maybe it is "infected" and has lost its memory...yet another "symptom" of COVID-19! :shock::crying::explode::puke::facepalm::facepalm:
Be nice to JC or he will ignore you. :lipssealed:
Sponsored