Sponsored

Choosing a color...

jlauth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I had an Oxford White Terminator...it was actually a fairly rare color on that car. I wanted Sonic Blue badly 10 years ago when i bought that Terminator. I also wanted a Blue Raptor but decided to go with silver because it always looks good and the truck would be used daily. So for this car I wanted Blue for sure. I also wanted stripes, but i ended up with no stripes and a black roof...and i actually really like the combo. I saw a youtube video with the same combo and i was sold. I think you really cant go wrong...these cars look amazing in all colors and stripe combos. The one thing i dont like is the white outline on the black stripes.
Sponsored

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
:ford:Here are 2 videos that may help you. These are from delivery day and it was sunny to give the color a real pop. Roof is painted black

[ame]

[ame]

Charlie_TXGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 H5737
Mine is Oxford White with a Black painted top with no stripe. The black roof looks great with the rims and trim pieces. IMO.

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
Can't help with this . . . . I never buy a product based on others opinions.
We'll leave it at that.

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
This is very much a personal choice and you really have to go with what makes you happy, not what you think others will like IMO. So many people on here are extremely opinionated as to color and on top of that, "STRIPES or DIE!" or "NO STRIPES!" when ordering. Some order just based on how rare they think a color combo will be, or what will look the coolest at a show. You're the one driving it, looking at it, and ultimately it has to make you feel good... otherwise, why did you buy it? Pick what your gut feeling tells you to. Hell, I've even had dealers tell me ridiculous things about which colors sell and don't sell... yet they will have a GT350 in a color I wouldn't have picked sit on their showroom floor for 4-5 months with no takers. :shrug:

I'll give you my take on colors, and this is just my opinion for your consideration. I have been a big fan of the original Shelby cars from the 60's, and as such I came to associate the white with blue stripes and blue with white stripes as being "Shelby's". (Some will even argue whether this is really a Shelby or not, lol). And that's fine, I respect everyones opinion on the matter, but as a fan of the old Shelby's, I personally wanted this to be a tribute. Hell, I even named my Dog "Shelby" back in the early 90's :) This car is for me to make it what I want it to be, ie, Shelby or no, stripes or no, etc., and I would suggest the same for any buyer.

So for me, it was a toss up between white/blue or blue/white. At first, I wanted white/blue, and it is a very popular color combo.. but it seemed like around me, lots of guys already had this color as dealers were ordering it at first. Once I saw lightning blue in person, in the sun, I was hooked- Lightning blue with white stripes. I placed my order and never looked back. I ended up purchasing an in-stock LB car in May 2017.

Since then, I have really looked hard at the other colors, knowing that I was going to order an R down the road, and lots of the other colors grew on me, especially Avalanche and Magnetic, and I considered those colors heavily for an R. Since I wanted stripes, Red and Orange were out (you can't get stripes on a Red or Orange R).

As far as Black, I've owned several black cars in the past including a black BMW recently, and I hate detailing them and trying to keep them clean, so that was a no-go. And for whatever reason, dealers love ordering black R's and they seem to be everywhere. Black looks great on this car, but it wasn't for me.

I have no regrets on ordering Blue/White and it still makes me feel good about the car and ownership experience.. I still love walking up to it in a parking lot or in my garage and thinking how much I love the way the car looks in the colors I picked, and I'm glad I found what makes me feel good without worrying what others think.. hopefully you can figure out what color combo works for you and makes you feel the same way.

I ordered my R 7 months ago so I've had plenty of time to change my mind on my ordered color, and I 100% know I'm picking the right color for me, and that's all that matters. I heavily considered switching to Kona, but again, LB just nails it for me.

Last year I visited the Shelby Collection in Boulder, CO, and the blue/white was everywhere. :)
slide-3.jpg
Shelby-Drawing.jpg

Sponsored

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I took my strips off and looks much better. The factory strips are very low quality and scratched easy. Mine also had tons of bubbles.
IMG_20180107_170603-1280x892.jpg

Wine dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT 350
Shadow Black just plain bad looking as long as u keep up with keeping it spotless

Amac8487

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350/ '16 C7 06
I went lightning blue with white stripes because that was the very first one Ive ever saw in person and i was BLOWN AWAY by the presence it left on me when it was behind me. I couldn't stop staring at it in my rear view mirror.

Before I ordered I contemplated a few colors... but always reverted back to the LB with white stripes, so thats what I went with :D

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
Here are a few pics to help confuse you even more.....

My current car in Shadow Black - love how deep the black can look on these cars with some care and feeding:

And these two pics I found on-line - along with seeing Magnetic on my friend's car - are what convinced me of the color choice for the R:

Sponsored

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
One of my strong considerations for my R order was white with black stripes.. for some reason this scheme is appealing. Just throwing it out there...

EDIT: I just realized that you can't get black stripes on a white non-R, but if you're looking for an R this is a killer look. :)
s-l1600b.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

17RubyShelbyGT350

First Ford - First Shelby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350-Conven Pkg - 1st Perf Mods Done
I am told there are only 3 Shelby GT350s in the Gainesville area. I can tell you that my Ruby Red with White stripes looks great = the paint has depth - and I cannot go anywhere where people do not tell me they love the color and car. Icing on the cake - they may fewer than 100 cars with that combo in '17...

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I am told there are only 3 Shelby GT350s in the Gainesville area. I can tell you that my Ruby Red with White stripes looks great = the paint has depth - and I cannot go anywhere where people do not tell me they love the color and car. Icing on the cake - they may fewer than 100 cars with that combo in '17...
Great color combination with the White OTT stripes.

As you can tell I am also a Ruby Red fan and really like Red and Black cars!

:cheers:
DSCF2063.JPG
DSCF2065.JPG