Sponsored

Choosing a color...

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Last year I visited the Shelby Collection in Boulder, CO, and the blue/white was everywhere. :)
Looks from your second photo like you chose blue with red stripes and a black top. Not sure about the red wheels tho.:D
Sponsored

17RubyShelbyGT350

First Ford - First Shelby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350-Conven Pkg - 1st Perf Mods Done
At Daytona 24 - WIth Ford Performance Group

Ruby With My Wife At Daytona.JPG

Not to best pic - iPhone 6 of my wife with my '17 Ruby....

We participated in the Daytona 24 Ford Performance package which included a lot of time with some of the performance folks plus track laps Friday night after the Continental 4 hour race.

Wine dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT 350
There really isn’t a bad color they all look great even the orange has appealing moments

smsgt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350 magnetic/black tech
My last car was red. Guess which color car birds really love to shit on? Red it is!! Next in line for bird bombing is blue followed by black then white then grey. The least attractive colors for birds are silver and green. Found out pigeon shit can really do a number on your paint as well. Dont ever wipe it off your car as the seed based diet gives it the equivalent properties of 50 grit sandpaper!!

Sponsored

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
My last car was red. Guess which color car birds really love to shit on? Red it is!! Next in line for bird bombing is blue followed by black then white then grey. The least attractive colors for birds are silver and green. Found out pigeon shit can really do a number on your paint as well. Dont ever wipe it off your car as the seed based diet gives it the equivalent properties of 50 grit sandpaper!!
Spray quick detailer onto it right away an gently wipe it off. If it's dried, take a piece of paper towel, soak it with your quick detailer, and place ontop of the bird dropping. Only do this in the shade. Let it soak for a few minutes and try to gently wipe it off. If not, repeat.

OP
OP

rushca01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Oxford White OTT
Thanks for all the feedback. There is a magnetic metallic local to me but they are WAY higher than others that are a couple hours away. It looks like I might be getting real serious about looking next week.

Need to call a concrete contractor to lower the gutter to my driveway..no way this car would make it up now.

Stoked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus RS/2016 GT350/2002 Audi A4
Spray quick detailer onto it right away an gently wipe it off. If it's dried, take a piece of paper towel, soak it with your quick detailer, and place ontop of the bird dropping. Only do this in the shade. Let it soak for a few minutes and try to gently wipe it off. If not, repeat.
I can tell you with certainty that bugs LOVE triple yellow. When its parked they want to mate with it. When its driving they want to sacrifice their lives to it.

Like it's some kind of bug God. lol

Still...I love the color. Glad I chose it. I can't remember a time I saw another one in person....
side.jpg
morning.jpg

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Get a high impact color. I had a black 350 and it was very subdued and hated that it got dirty so quick. Love my RR. It’s a loud car....it should come with a loud color.

OP
OP

rushca01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Oxford White OTT
Get a high impact color. I had a black 350 and it was very subdued and hated that it got dirty so quick. Love my RR. It’s a loud car....it should come with a loud color.
Going to check out an Oxford White with Blue later next week, dealer and I have a phone call set up for tomorrow. They have two, white and black. There is a race red with white about 500 miles away.

Sponsored

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Ruby With My Wife At Daytona.JPG

Not to best pic - iPhone 6 of my wife with my '17 Ruby....

We participated in the Daytona 24 Ford Performance package which included a lot of time with some of the performance folks plus track laps Friday night after the Continental 4 hour race.
I am looking at that exact combo! :cheers:

17RubyShelbyGT350

First Ford - First Shelby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350-Conven Pkg - 1st Perf Mods Done
I am looking at that exact combo! :cheers:
Sorry, my wife is not included as an "equipment group package!" ;)

The phone picture really does not do either of them justice. Gotta get off of it and find some of the Nikon pics of the car. BTW, I am told that Ruby was the second rarest color in '17 after Triple Yellow. Less than 100 Ruby GT350s with White Stripes.

Good luck in your quest!

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Sorry, my wife is not included as an "equipment group package!" ;)

The phone picture really does not do either of them justice. Gotta get off of it and find some of the Nikon pics of the car. BTW, I am told that Ruby was the second rarest color in '17 after Triple Yellow. Less than 100 Ruby GT350s with White Stripes.

Good luck in your quest!
Well now I'm disappointed v.v

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
I can tell you with certainty that bugs LOVE triple yellow. When its parked they want to mate with it. When its driving they want to sacrifice their lives to it.

Like it's some kind of bug God. lol

Still...I love the color. Glad I chose it. I can't remember a time I saw another one in person....
Nice car! I agree, yellow is terrible in terms of bugs. I had one once - much worse than my white, especially at showing off the bloody bugs!

My take on 350 colors is, for me, only the lighter colors work: AG, GB, OF, OW, Race R & TY. With the other colors, the dark trim gets washed into the background, and becomes too muted and subdued for my taste.

What I find interesting is that, when watching the auctions on TV, I think the darker cars look great! Then I realized this is because a lot of the trim is shiny metal, not black. It pops against the dark paint, whereas dark trim doesn't.

nordique14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Magnetic Gray (J1601)
My take on 350 colors is, for me, only the lighter colors work: AG, GB, OF, OW, Race R & TY. With the other colors, the dark trim gets washed into the background, and becomes too muted and subdued for my taste.
I agree that the darker colors mute and subdue the dark trim. However, that is exactly what I like the blacks, dark blues and grays. I find the Ford plastic to look just that...very plasticy and not pretty to look at. So any color that makes it stand out less is my preferred choice. Good thing I am not buying this car for the quality of the interior, plastics, paint or overall build. I am just looking for a great handling car that sounds like angels screaming death metal.
Sponsored