Sponsored

Choosing a color...

rushca01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Oxford White OTT
Well I'm about 4 weeks out before I get real serious about picking up a GT350. Within a 500 mile search radius I have found a couple left over 17's in the low to mid 50's. What I can't decide on is color...oxford white with blue over the top, race red with white, magnetic with black, lighting blue with white, or straight black. Some of these color combos will be limited to availability and options (I want the recaros with electronic package).

How did you choose your color? I'm leaning towards oxford white with blue, lighting blue with white or race red with white. :frusty:
Sponsored

mkonrad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
Never oxford white with blue stripes. I did that, and found another in the same parking lot daily at work with that combination. I had to take my stripes off. No choice.

My (significantly less than) 2 cents. :D

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
Oh man, this is a topic that hits home for me.

I was able to get on an open allocation in January and had just a couple days to make up my mind on color. I currently have an all black (no stripe) '17 GT350 and that is specifically what I was looking for when I came across it back in late '16. However, for the R, I sooooo wanted Orange Fury. But, after seeing it in person, I still wanted to like it..... yet I found that the shade was just a bit off for my taste.

I didn't want to do another black car - this was a good time to change things up a bit - but there were so many of the other colors that I liked.

In the end, I went with Magnetic and the matte black stripes (with the red accents). I felt this is a classy look and the red pinstripes tie in nicely with the calipers, badges, and stitching. I could have just as easily went with Oxford White (with blue stripes), Race Red (no stripes on the R in that color), Ruby Red (ditto on no stripes available), Kona or Lightning Blue, or even Leadfoot Grey.

If Avalanche with the white / red stripes was still available, I likely would have gone that route, but in the end, Magnetic won out as a color i'd be most happy living with as a "forever car," which is what I hope the R will be for me.

So, my take away is that color is a really subjective thing and the only one you have to please is yourself.

AirBusPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I've always favored blue on my cars. But, I liked RR too, so I did a search and the first one to pop up that had the options I liked was in Houston. Made the deal on the phone and flew down to pick it up the next morning. No regrets. My advice, pick your top 2 colors and go find it.

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
I know to some on here, a shelby without stripes is sacrelidge. Personally, after my ownership experience with stripes on Boss 302, I knew I didnt want stripes on this car. I didn't have any stripe problems, they just present their own challenges as it pertains to detailing/upkeep. I get that the stripes are much simpler on GT350, but I decided I didn't want stripes. Once I decided I didn't want stripes that sort of narrowed down what colors I liked without stripes. In the end, It came down to race red or lightning blue for me, and I chose blue (my Boss was Race Red). Love the blue, but something about this car in red is just so fitting.

Sponsored

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
I say white and stripes. I don't care if others have it too. It's the classic pattern. How often do you see GT350's anyway? I never see them other than at car shows.

meares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H4022
RR, white stripes....looks like my 442

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
I say white and stripes. I don't care if others have it too. It's the classic pattern...
I had to go with OW and stripes. I went with historical colors partly and also since I have no AC and live in the South. I thought of the 8 or so colors available, that 5 were striking (very hard to choose) and the other few were of no interest. With the available colors, its hard to make a "bad" choice. I picked what I preferred and I do not care what others think. Good luck with your choice. :cheers: :ford:

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Write them all down, put them in a hat and pull one out.

It took me months to choose a color because they all look amazing in pretty much all colors and stripe combinations. I don't have one of the choices you listed, but how I finally decided to choose was during the months of daily searching and viewing GT350 related videos leading up to my purchase, I stumbled upon this video that without a doubt sold me, and it wasn't a combo I seriously considered until I saw it on video:

At the end of the day, you can't go wrong with any of your choices. With that said, I'd choose the Lightning blue with white stripes.

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Well I'm about 4 weeks out before I get real serious about picking up a GT350. Within a 500 mile search radius I have found a couple left over 17's in the low to mid 50's. What I can't decide on is color...oxford white with blue over the top, race red with white, magnetic with black, lighting blue with white, or straight black. Some of these color combos will be limited to availability and options (I want the recaros with electronic package).

How did you choose your color? I'm leaning towards oxford white with blue, lighting blue with white or race red with white. :frusty:
Do yourself a favor and come up with a short list of colors and/or stripes after which time make some calls to local dealerships based on your short list selection and try to see your favorite colors in person.

Obviously this will entail some work and time involvement but will be well worth the effort in the end.

Good luck and let us all know what your final decision is?

:cheers:

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
just to add as well, If a matte or flat black stripe was available withouth the white pinstripe, it would have made the stripe/no stripe decision harder.

Sc00ter

Sc00ter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow GT Premium w/50th Appearance

White with blue stripes is classic Shelby... it always looks right, imho. That being said, the first GT350 I saw in person was red with white stripes (Thank you Jeff Greenley, Yocum Ford in Lansdale PA). It looked amazing, just didn't hit me in the heart like white and blue does. Not that I wouldn't go Triple Yellow with black & red stripes without blinking myself, lol.
:ford:

Last edited:

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I think my favorite combo is magnetic with black stripes and red pin stripping.

nordique14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Magnetic Gray (J1601)
It took me months to choose a color because they all look amazing in pretty much all colors and stripe combinations. I don't have one of the choices you listed, but how I finally decided to choose was during the months of daily searching and viewing GT350 related videos leading up to my purchase, I stumbled upon this video that without a doubt sold me, and it wasn't a combo I seriously considered until I saw it on video.
That is the same color combo that I settled on except that I added a black roof. I saw it in person and it confirmed I made the right choice.

I would recommend seeing the colors in person even if it is on a regular Mustang. I was originally 100% sold on another color combo that I saw in pics but once I saw it in person then I knew I had to go with something else.

Another thing to think about is the practical part. For a car that sits outdoors in a hot climate, then white is a good choice. I love black but it needs a little more upkeep on cleaning and waxing to get that deep finish that makes it look so good.

A majority of cars on the road are white, black or some shade of gray. So I always love seeing a car that is not one of those colors (yes, I know I ordered a gray car). Lightning blue with white stripes would have been my second choice.
Sponsored