CFTP Wing

SICKGT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I called Lethal yesterday and wanted an update, was told they would contact AC never got an answer. Not happy 😞. This time I was also told they could not tell me where I am in the pecking order. A month ago I was told I was # 20. Getting close to canceling.
I was #14 in line a month ago. When I asked last week for an update, Ac told lethal for me to check back at the end of may to get a better idea. I got sick of the run around and canceled. I know what would of happen at the end of May anyways. Check back at the end of June, then July, etc..
Sponsored

toothdkdr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
david
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R oxford white
Thinking of ordering the Vicrez gloss black rear wing, it is a replica of the oem wing comes with aluminum mounts. Anyone know about the quality of this company’s products? Also would save a lot of money 😊

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Thinking of ordering the Vicrez gloss black rear wing, it is a replica of the oem wing comes with aluminum mounts. Anyone know about the quality of this company’s products? Also would save a lot of money 😊
Only thing I’d be careful with is ABS will flop like crazy at highway speeds if it doesn’t have another support in the middle.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Here is my only concern with this as well as @Evolvd mentioned, On there side there is o mention of speed limit durability. For all you know you hit 90Mph and it snaps. At least AC claims 130Mph (which is low in my opinion), but at least you have a limit to work with.

toothdkdr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
david
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R oxford white
Only thing I’d be careful with is ABS will flop like crazy at highway speeds if it doesn’t have another support in the middle.
O
Here is my only concern with this as well as @Evolvd mentioned, On there side there is o mention of speed limit durability. For all you know you hit 90Mph and it snaps. At least AC claims 130Mph (which is low in my opinion), but at least you have a limit to work with.
what is the AC wing made from? Thanks for the input guys!

Sponsored

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
What is the base Wing made of ? I looked at the other gloss black wing, but I was wondering about the supports.

toothdkdr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
david
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R oxford white
What is the base Wing made of ? I looked at the other gloss black wing, but I was wondering about the supports.
They said they are aluminum and powdered coated black.

Sponsored

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Ok lets stop confusing everything here, we are not talking about base wings, so lets stop discussing that.

OEM Ford Wing (CFTP) Made of Carbon Fiber Speed rated to 180MPH

AC's CFTP Wing replica made of Carbon Fiber Speed Rated to 130MPH

Vicrez's CFTP Wing Replica made of ABS PLASTIC Speed Rated to **Unknown**

toothdkdr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
david
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R oxford white
I think he meant the TPW just not carbon fiber when he says base, not the base model GT500 spoiler which we all on this tread want to replace with the TPW. Should I just hang on for AC?

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
I meant to post it here but wasn't sure if you guys are aware but MMR is starting to get into road racing/autox. They have a wing on their site that is supposedly available for shipping this month. I dont know how true that is but Mark (the owner) is pretty straightforard about releases (from his interactions in the TMO FB group). I know Chistian Burke just posted their CF Dash for his 350 on his IG so they have quite a few things in the works. I'm sure you can reach out for more accurate details.

https://www.modularmotorsportsracin...n_page=product_info&cPath=87&products_id=1451

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I meant to post it here but wasn't sure if you guys are aware but MMR is starting to get into road racing/autox. They have a wing on their site that is supposedly available for shipping this month. I dont know how true that is but Mark (the owner) is pretty straightforard about releases (from his interactions in the TMO FB group). I know Chistian Burke just posted their CF Dash for his 350 on his IG so they have quite a few things in the works. I'm sure you can reach out for more accurate details.

https://www.modularmotorsportsracin...n_page=product_info&cPath=87&products_id=1451
My main concern about their wing is the mount base. I’m not a fan of the style they represent in their picture (even if it says it’s not the finished product). The screw on end plates are meh but I understand the desire to change them.
Sponsored

Last edited: