CFTP Springs

Grant4514b

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT, 2020 GT500
For those that have gone from the base springs to CFTP springs on the front - did you have the alignment checked after installation and was it still within spec? Also, did you recalibrate the magna ride sensors?
Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
For those that have gone from the base springs to CFTP springs on the front - did you have the alignment checked after installation and was it still within spec? Also, did you recalibrate the magna ride sensors?
Yes, always do an alignment when changing springs. The struts are completely removed to swap the springs, so an alignment is needed.

There is no way (at this time, that I know of) to change the stock Magnaride calibration. The only entity that I have heard of that has a custom calibration for the Maganaride, is Shelby American. They change the calibration to their proprietary calibration when they convert the GT500 into a Signature Edition GT500. They change the springs, sways, and the suspension calibration.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
I installed camber/caster plates at the same time as the springs and cranked the caster to full. Turns out that I ended up at the recommended "Track" settings w/o changing the toe.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Grant4514b

Grant4514b

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT, 2020 GT500
Thanks, that’s a great write-up. I read over it a couple times before I tackled mine even though I’ve lowered several S550’s and was familiar with the process. I was mainly curious about the alignment since I kept the non adjustable strut mounts. I’m assuming the only adjustment an alignment shop would be able to make is with the toe? Would that have changed since I only did the springs?

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Vehicle Showcase
Photos of my car are also in that thread that Tob posted although it looks quite different now with everything else I have done to it. It does show how the front came down about 1/2" which was the only reason I did this. I also did not change to the adjustable camber plates as I don't plan on tracking the car and the alignment specs were still good. Camber -1.5˚, Castor 7.7˚, Toe -0.05˚ (Both sides).

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
I didn't check or change anything when switching.....but always should.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Thanks, that’s a great write-up. I read over it a couple times before I tackled mine even though I’ve lowered several S550’s and was familiar with the process. I was mainly curious about the alignment since I kept the non adjustable strut mounts. I’m assuming the only adjustment an alignment shop would be able to make is with the toe? Would that have changed since I only did the springs?
Toe likely changed a small amount, yes. Here's from when I did my GT500.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2020-gt500-and-a-quick-alignment.141567/

OP
OP
Grant4514b

Grant4514b

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT, 2020 GT500