Sponsored

Ceratec Experiment... Does it fall out?

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
It came back but I switched to 0w30 instead of 5w20 so I dont know if that was why. Ive added ceratec every oil change now
1 treatment is good for 50k adding every oil change probably isnt good.
Sponsored

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
It came back but I switched to 0w30 instead of 5w20 so I dont know if that was why. Ive added ceratec every oil change now
So you switched to 0w30 without ceratec and initially there was no tick, but it came back some time later?

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I'm starting to wonder that, even though I emailed Liquimoly, and they said it was perfectly fine to use every oil change.
I would think it would build up more than necessary?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
PUP 5w-30 and call it a day.
Did that. Wasn't any better than 5w20. In fact it was noisier overall, and ticked even louder.

I switched to QSUD 5w30, and it does run a little quieter and smoother than PUP, even without Ceratec. Still ticks though, but only goes away with Ceratec. And even then on occasion I hear a slight tick.

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
I'm starting to wonder that, even though I emailed Liquimoly, and they said it was perfectly fine to use every oil change.
Yeah.... I'm on my second sequential ceratec fill. Will have to think on what the strategy would be for next oil change.

I'm switching to Castrol they use in Europe, that is for sure.

P.S. And that's me - not even knowing if I have tick. I added ceratec shortly after getting new short block.

P.P.S. Liqui Moly statement on ceratec life is a bit misleading. One would think they could state things like this better.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
People with tick tried a lot of things here. Not just pup 5w30.
Mine will only tick occasionally on warm up. Once up to temp it goes away. Car burns zero oil and runs like a raped ape. I’m not worried...

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
I think what can be done next oil change is this:

- cut oil filter and check for sediments. The way it is located makes it possible for ceratec to stick to its bottom.

- come up with something that would let scrub oil pan through oil drain and see if there's anything in there.

My car is almost weekend only car, so it is not being driven often. If ceratec settles like in your jar, it should be obvious.

I will not be able to do this soon, as I've recently changed oil, but will post once done so.

One thing I noticed durin oil change - my pass. oil catch can caught some ceratec.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I open all my oil filters every 5,000mi oil change. Only thing I find is a few tablespoons of silver glitter. It's real pretty like Christmas.

:wink:

dguzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 V6 w/051A Met. Guard w/foundry wheels
Has Ceratec seen that picture (with the sediment)?

OP
OP

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Has Ceratec seen that picture (with the sediment)?
I have no idea. I hope they do, and explain whether or not this could be a serious problem. Since I drive my car all the time, and it only sits for a few days at a time over the weekends, then the only sediment that one would think could be an issue, would be somewhere inside the engine oil passages where there may be a dead spot of flow where it could settle. Otherwise, the oil pan gets heated and sloshed around almost daily. So, I wouldn't think much would build up in the oil pan from normal constant use. The sediment issue I would think would be a most notable problem after storing your car for a long time.

If you'll notice carefully in my pics. After adding some fresh oil to the jar and shaking, it did in fact pull "some" of the Ceratec back into the oil, and the bottom of the jar has a bare spot from shaking after a few minutes.

The jar is still sitting in my garage. I'm going to add some fresh oil, heat it up to about 200F and shake it again to see if it releases the rest. If it does, then maybe it isn't such a big deal. Perhaps heat and driving for a few minutes does a better job of keeping it suspended in the oil versus just shaking it with cold oil at 50F outside in my garage.

dguzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 V6 w/051A Met. Guard w/foundry wheels
Ok, I thought you might have a conversation with them, based on their claims.

Enzo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Enzo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Yeah.... I'm on my second sequential ceratec fill. Will have to think on what the strategy would be for next oil change.

I'm switching to Castrol they use in Europe, that is for sure.

P.S. And that's me - not even knowing if I have tick. I added ceratec shortly after getting new short block.

P.P.S. Liqui Moly statement on ceratec life is a bit misleading. One would think they could state things like this better.
I used Castrol with the titanium technology. It helped to smooth out the motor a lot compared to mobil1. Which one are you referring to?
Sponsored