Ceramic Coating Worth it???

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
If you have to ask if you can afford it, you probably can't. It was worth it to me. I can tell the difference on my car. I'm only speaking for myself. You do what you need to do. Cheers mate.
I can afford a Mustang GT PP2 with all the options. :) Must be able to afford something.
Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I think it's important to note there is a pretty big difference between a Ceramic coating such as CarPro CQuartz and a ceramic "infused" spray, such as Meguiar’s Hybrid Ceramic Wax.

The cost of a professionally applied Ceramic coating will most likely include significant paint correction prior to application. You not only paying for the little bottle of chemical, but also the time in which it takes to correct and coat the car. Time is money remember?

Ceramic coatings are not for everybody. For me, I enjoy the process of regularly applying a coat of sealant or wax, a long term Ceramic coating would not make sense in my case. In fact, I am making a switch from spray sealants to Wax for my next round of paint protection.

IMG-7207.jpg

I think it's important to not feel pressured into having a Ceramic Coating applied on the basis that the guy down the road has one or what social media recommends. Pick a paint protectant that best suits your criteria.

SAY WHAT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang Gt
I think it's important to note there is a pretty big difference between a Ceramic coating such as CarPro CQuartz and a ceramic "infused" spray, such as Meguiar’s Hybrid Ceramic Wax.

The cost of a professionally applied Ceramic coating will most likely include significant paint correction prior to application. You not only paying for the little bottle of chemical, but also the time in which it takes to correct and coat the car. Time is money remember?

Ceramic coatings are not for everybody. For me, I enjoy the process of regularly applying a coat of sealant or wax, a long term Ceramic coating would not make sense in my case. In fact, I am making a switch from spray sealants to Wax for my next round of paint protection.

IMG-7207.jpg

I think it's important to not feel pressured into having a Ceramic Coating applied on the basis that the guy down the road has one or what social media recommends. Pick a paint protectant that best suits your criteria.
I can stand by saying that 845 is a great product. I used to use that wax prior to coating my car.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Looks good but I think most of that depth is from the paint correction and has less to do with the sealant.

You have a great detailer there.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I had a ceramic coating and loved the great shine, then it rained.

Everytime it rains I have to go straight to a carwash. I visited family in Fl and I now have permant waterspots.

So I took it a detail shop and they hit it with some compound to remove the coating and spots, then followed with a good paste wax.

My car is black so everything shows.

YMMV

XeninWorX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KC
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
I had a ceramic coating and loved the great shine, then it rained.

Everytime it rains I have to go straight to a carwash. I visited family in Fl and I now have permant waterspots.

So I took it a detail shop and they hit it with some compound to remove the coating and spots, then followed with a good paste wax.

My car is black so everything shows.

YMMV
What ceramic coating was used? I’ve had both Ceramic Pro and XPEL Fusion and they were both hydrophobic so water repelled.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I don't remember the brand. Yes it repelled water just fine. It left bad water spots where the water beads dried on the car. My brother in law commented on how well the water beaded after a rain.

If I didn't hand dry it I ended up with spots.

IrishStallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt mustang
I have used nothing but a Hydrophobic quick detail (Eagle One, Lucas) and fresh microfiber towels on my car. People frequently ask me if I have had Ceramic coated. No...

XeninWorX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KC
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
I don't remember the brand. Yes it repelled water just fine. It left bad water spots where the water beads dried on the car. My brother in law commented on how well the water beaded after a rain.

Wow, odd. Never had that happen. Could be your area or the product used.

Sponsored

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
See if this video helps.

The interesting thing is my neighbor has 2 coated cars. He's out every week spending a few hrs washing. I have hybrid and all I do is mostly use a detailer or do a quick wash. His cars are more glossy, but not by much.

Some ceramic coatings need a seperate final topper on it to prevent spotting. Sounds like they didn't do that part.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
Ceramic and now Graphene coatings are so easy that it is pretty much a no brainer.

The only question is whether you want to deal with paint correction (if you need it depending on age and status of your clear coat).

At a minimum you want to do a good wash/iron remover/ipa clean/ceramic or graphene coat.

The new graphene (oxide) sprays are so easy to do and give you 12 months minimum now without days of curing time and keeping it out of water for 48 hours.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have used nothing but a Hydrophobic quick detail (Eagle One, Lucas) and fresh microfiber towels on my car. People frequently ask me if I have had Ceramic coated. No...
This comment made me smile :like:

It’s become trendy / normal to associate a well detailed car with ceramic.

Go back 10 years plus and look how some of the details looked on autopia threads ... :sunglasses:

“Just because a woman’s got great tits, it doesn’t automatically mean she’s had a boob job” ... :inlove: :wink:

WD :like:

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I can stand by saying that 845 is a great product. I used to use that wax prior to coating my car.
That's backwards, coating first, wax after.
Sponsored