Sponsored

Ceramic coating for New Satin painted wheels?

TRDFurgesson

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach1 N0426, 22 Bronco Wildtrak 2dr, 92 Yota 4x
Vehicle Showcase
I have Mach 1 HP wheels (satin finish) and would like to get them coated with ceramic maybe DIY. My local guy who did the car and wheels charged 200 for the outer facing portion of the wheels. These will be Track Wheels until those cup 2s expire they they will be the street wheels. I have Opti-coat Pro+ on the car and current street wheels. What would be a good DIY option for Ceramic?

Thanks,
Bobby
Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I have Mach 1 HP wheels (satin finish) and would like to get them coated with ceramic maybe DIY. My local guy who did the car and wheels charged 200 for the outer facing portion of the wheels. These will be Track Wheels until those cup 2s expire they they will be the street wheels. I have Opti-coat Pro+ on the car and current street wheels. What would be a good DIY option for Ceramic?

Thanks,
Bobby
I did a write on the process last year -

Ceramic Coating Wheels | 2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, EcoBoost, GT350, GT500, Bullitt, Mach 1) - Mustang6G.com

IMG_9692.jpg

I used NV Wheel but Carpro DLUX would be my default choice if/when I do it again. Also look into Gyeon Q2 Rim and Gtechniq C5 -

Nova Wheel | High-Temperature Wheel Coating – Nv Car Care USA
CQUARTZ DLUX Trim & Wheel Coating 30ml (Sky Kit) - Sky's The Limit Car Care (carpro-us.com)
Gyeon Q2 Rim - ESOTERIC Car Care
Gtechniq - C5 Wheel Armour | The Rag Company

Doing it yourself is pretty easy, most of it is in the prep work, something MUCH easier on a new set of wheels. I would advise doing the whole wheel and not just the faces. The barrels are always harder to reach and clean so having a coating will help with that. You will want at least 8 towels and a prep spray -

Edgeless 245 All-Purpose Microfiber Terry Towel | The Rag Company
CARPRO Eraser 500ml (17oz) - Sky's The Limit Car Care (carpro-us.com)

IMG_9630.jpg

IMG_9697.jpg

Also, applying a ceramic coating will not compromise the satin finish, it will richen and darken the finish rather than adding gloss.

Highvolts

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT, 1965 Mustang 289
I did a write on the process last year -

Ceramic Coating Wheels | 2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, EcoBoost, GT350, GT500, Bullitt, Mach 1) - Mustang6G.com

IMG_9692.jpg

I used NV Wheel but Carpro DLUX would be my default choice if/when I do it again. Also look into Gyeon Q2 Rim and Gtechniq C5 -

Nova Wheel | High-Temperature Wheel Coating – Nv Car Care USA
CQUARTZ DLUX Trim & Wheel Coating 30ml (Sky Kit) - Sky's The Limit Car Care (carpro-us.com)
Gyeon Q2 Rim - ESOTERIC Car Care
Gtechniq - C5 Wheel Armour | The Rag Company

Doing it yourself is pretty easy, most of it is in the prep work, something MUCH easier on a new set of wheels. I would advise doing the whole wheel and not just the faces. The barrels are always harder to reach and clean so having a coating will help with that. You will want at least 8 towels and a prep spray -

Edgeless 245 All-Purpose Microfiber Terry Towel | The Rag Company
CARPRO Eraser 500ml (17oz) - Sky's The Limit Car Care (carpro-us.com)

IMG_9630.jpg

IMG_9697.jpg

Also, applying a ceramic coating will not compromise the satin finish, it will richen and darken the finish rather than adding gloss.
Would this work ok for the glossy painted wheels as well?
I have the black accent package wheels and thought it would be a good idea to do something to keep them looking good.

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I used Gyeon Quartz Rim. It seems to be holding up pretty well; claims 6 months. Gtechniq C5 Wheel Armor claims 2 years of protection. Carpro Dlux claims 1 year. This is what I have on my exterior trim it also is holding up pretty well.