Threads
Reaction score
Website
en.wikipedia.org
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
16 White GT Vert GT PP Roush Stg1 M'flow ctbck
So I ordered a GT350 from Vroom and sold them my truck. It has been a long and difficult process due to lack of communication on their part. I got a call from the local delivery manager telling me my car arrived and if I wanted I could drive over in my trade and take delivery of my car. I have been searching for months to find a single owner low mileage in Avalanche Grey with a clean carfax report. This car is a 2017 with 3,600 miles on it. When I show up I immediately notice the front bumper is in bad shape (scraped and cracked in several spots). Apparently the transport company damaged it. It is going to have to be replaced. The Vroom representative took a bunch of photos and started an incident for me. I then drove the car to a Ford dealership to get an estimate so I could provide that to Vroom. While there I had them run an Oasis report for me. The report shows the engine was replaced in June 2019 (close to $30K). I am guessing it was an oil consumption issue. I am happy that it has the Gen 2 motor in it but I am also wondering what else could be wrong. The "See Manual" yellow wrench warning is also coming on so I am going to have to get the Ford dealership to run a diagnostic test to see what that is all about. Am I crazy for keeping this car? Any suggestions?
If I may ask, what is an Oasis report?
Sponsored

#1ford

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt premium convertble antimatter blue
Vehicle Showcase
When in doubt get out! While you can!

OP
OP
jseeutat

jseeutat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Little update on the situation. They are buying the car back and I am rolling the dice on another one from them. It wasn't as simple as them just refunding me all of my money which they immediately offered to do. I traded in a vehicle and I secured my own financing. The trade is already tied up and I need the tax offset. If I just let them refund me and keep my trade then I am on the hook for $6K in taxes whenever I find another GT350. The replacement vehicle is a 2019 GT350 with 2,500 miles on it. It's not avalanche gray but I can live with it. I will unfortunately have to deal with the damn holes in the front bumper from a license plate bracket. I was able to get my hands on an Oasis report and the car is for the most part clean. It's still under factory warrant for another 17 months so that gives me a little piece of mind. It's more money so I am waiting to hear back from them on the price adjustment. If they make it right, I will sing their praises. If they don't, I will be the biggest thorn in their side. I am not the type of customer to take it on the chin and go the other way so I just pray they make this situation right. I also pray this one doesn't show up damaged.

In the interim, I will be making a payment on my trade-in that they still haven't paid off, a payment on the damaged vehicle they are buying back, and a 6 month insurance renewal on the damaged vehicle that I will never drive! The cherry on the top is I am now without a vehicle.

I know many have made comments about buying a vehicle in person and I normally agree. I am a habitual vehicle purchaser having bought almost 30 cars. I previously owned a 2017 GT350. Like an idiot, I got rid of it to satisfy my wife's desire for a boat that we never use. Since then, I made her get a Yukon that would pull the boat. I got a M4 Competition and didn't enjoy it as much as the GT350. I searched for months and couldn't find one locally that didn't already have 3 or 4 previous owners.

The vehicle was DEFINATELY damaged in transit (see pics). It looks like they ran into something, possibly another car, when loading it on the trailer. The picture doesn't show it but you can slide your fingers completely through the crack underneath the top portion of the bumper. There is also a 305 on the front drivers side tire and the drivers side rear spring insulator is sticking through. I know it's hard to find people willing to work right now but who in the hell is inspecting these vehicles.

IMG_0308.jpg

IMG_0309.jpg

IMG_0310.jpg

IMG_0311.jpg

IMG_0312.jpg

IMG_0315.jpg

IMG_0321.jpg

SEAICE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BW
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I had a great experience in buying my '18 GT Vert from Shift. No hassles and they gave me great money for my very low mile '12 Jaguar XK Vert. The car was local, they delivered it for a (long) test drive and appraisal for my car. Literally, a two-hour transaction on a tablet.

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Little update on the situation. They are buying the car back and I am rolling the dice on another one from them. It wasn't as simple as them just refunding me all of my money which they immediately offered to do. I traded in a vehicle and I secured my own financing. The trade is already tied up and I need the tax offset. If I just let them refund me and keep my trade then I am on the hook for $6K in taxes whenever I find another GT350. The replacement vehicle is a 2019 GT350 with 2,500 miles on it. It's not avalanche gray but I can live with it. I will unfortunately have to deal with the damn holes in the front bumper from a license plate bracket. I was able to get my hands on an Oasis report and the car is for the most part clean. It's still under factory warrant for another 17 months so that gives me a little piece of mind. It's more money so I am waiting to hear back from them on the price adjustment. If they make it right, I will sing their praises. If they don't, I will be the biggest thorn in their side. I am not the type of customer to take it on the chin and go the other way so I just pray they make this situation right. I also pray this one doesn't show up damaged.

In the interim, I will be making a payment on my trade-in that they still haven't paid off, a payment on the damaged vehicle they are buying back, and a 6 month insurance renewal on the damaged vehicle that I will never drive! The cherry on the top is I am now without a vehicle.

I know many have made comments about buying a vehicle in person and I normally agree. I am a habitual vehicle purchaser having bought almost 30 cars. I previously owned a 2017 GT350. Like an idiot, I got rid of it to satisfy my wife's desire for a boat that we never use. Since then, I made her get a Yukon that would pull the boat. I got a M4 Competition and didn't enjoy it as much as the GT350. I searched for months and couldn't find one locally that didn't already have 3 or 4 previous owners.

The vehicle was DEFINATELY damaged in transit (see pics). It looks like they ran into something, possibly another car, when loading it on the trailer. The picture doesn't show it but you can slide your fingers completely through the crack underneath the top portion of the bumper. There is also a 305 on the front drivers side tire and the drivers side rear spring insulator is sticking through. I know it's hard to find people willing to work right now but who in the hell is inspecting these vehicles.

IMG_0308.jpg

IMG_0309.jpg

IMG_0310.jpg

IMG_0311.jpg

IMG_0312.jpg

IMG_0315.jpg

IMG_0321.jpg
It definitely was damaged in transport, like it wasn't tied down properly, and bounced around within the carrier. And that's a real possibility, as getting under this car is very difficult for those that do not know how to tow/trailer it. You must use race ramps to load onto a flatbed or trailer. And there are specific instructions in the manual telling you the special requirements when trailering this car.
Transporting or Trailering - GT350R Only Due to low ground clearance, your vehicle is transported from the assembly plant to the dealer with front and rear suspension spacers installed. These are removed by the dealer prior to customer delivery and are provided with the vehicle. If you plan to transport or trailer your vehicle and need additional clearance, the spacers may be reinstalled for additional underbody clearance.
You can be sure the Vroom people have no experience in this. If possible I would hire your own car transporter with experience in trailering these cars.

Sponsored

XFactor7889

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Performance Package

IMG_0308.jpg

IMG_0309.jpg

IMG_0310.jpg

IMG_0311.jpg

IMG_0312.jpg

IMG_0315.jpg

IMG_0321.jpg
I'm glad to see you're in the process of a resolution that seems to benefit both parties. Although you've mentioned some of the frustrations you've had, your willingness to continue working with them certainly seems encouraging for your overall experience. Hope the conclusion goes smoothly for you and the 2nd GT350 proves to be a better one for you!

mindo389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 5.0 50th AY Appearance Pkg.
Vehicle Showcase
Hope the wait for your car works out. It is a big risk buying cars like this. I bought my '15 from a Ford dealership in another state unseen. Got lucky, no problems and its been 2.5 years. I still smile each time I drive it.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Now is a terrible time to buy a used performance car from one of these online companies. All the Mustang tuner bros got a bit greedy with the ridiculous money they were offering for used Mustangs, some offers were more than what they paid when originally purchased. Those companies need to squeeze every bit of profit out of every car they sell, so you are not going to see close inspections and repairs happening.

Kobi Addiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350
Hopefully the new Shelby is to your liking. Very frustrating to hear about these type of situations.

As far the bumper holes go, just grab another set of oem stripes for that middle bumper section and cover them up.

Good luck!

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
I was super close to buying a GT350 from Vroom...they just gave such a great trade value for my car, it was hard to resist. My wife was leery about buying a car without driving/seeing it first, so I ended up just going for a new GT Premium instead. Sorry you had a bad experience.

Sponsored

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
Any update?

IMG_0308.jpg

IMG_0309.jpg

IMG_0310.jpg

IMG_0311.jpg

IMG_0312.jpg

IMG_0315.jpg

IMG_0321.jpg
Any update on the 2019 deal?

OP
OP
jseeutat

jseeutat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Any update?

Any update on the 2019 deal?
Man, it's been a shit show. I ended up having to go to the main dealership in Stafford, TX while visiting family in Houston to get someone face to face to straighten things out. I passed on the white 2019 and went with a Performance Blue 2019. It was supposed to get here today but they are now saying it was delayed and will be here Monday. They somewhat worked with me but definitely didn't make things right. I have been without a personal vehicle since December 22nd. At one point, I had 3 auto loans and no vehicle. They finally paid off the 2017 Shelby that was damaged on Monday and sent the payoff on the truck I traded in to them on December 22nd but as of today it still isn't paid off. I am just praying that Monday it actually is here and it isn't damaged. Will update once I have it.

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
Good Luck! You got me thinking twice about Vroom.

#1ford

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt premium convertble antimatter blue
Vehicle Showcase
Hopefully, when you get into the seat of your new car, the excitement will help ease your pain .Blue is a fantastic color,I truly believe that you will grow to love it.Best of luck to you

joe.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Man, it's been a shit show. I ended up having to go to the main dealership in Stafford, TX while visiting family in Houston to get someone face to face to straighten things out. I passed on the white 2019 and went with a Performance Blue 2019. It was supposed to get here today but they are now saying it was delayed and will be here Monday. They somewhat worked with me but definitely didn't make things right. I have been without a personal vehicle since December 22nd. At one point, I had 3 auto loans and no vehicle. They finally paid off the 2017 Shelby that was damaged on Monday and sent the payoff on the truck I traded in to them on December 22nd but as of today it still isn't paid off. I am just praying that Monday it actually is here and it isn't damaged. Will update once I have it.
If you still haven't found one yet, I see your are looking in Stafford, just south of me (Katy). I bought my GT350 from TexasHotRides. I bought mine sight unseen, and it was in better condition than I could have dreamed. I, like you, traded my previous car in, and had to eat the tax. But when I saw my GT350, I knew I would be following through with the purchase.

If you are not hell bent on Vroom, take a look at Texas Hot Rides. If they don't have what you are looking for, they will find it for you, and have it shipped. I had mine shipped from Dallas to the greater Houston area.

Full disclosure, I don't work there or have any affiliation with them. I just had a really good experience with them.

Good luck OP!
Sponsored