Sponsored

Car just arrived and Ughhh

jseeutat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
So I ordered a GT350 from Vroom and sold them my truck. It has been a long and difficult process due to lack of communication on their part. I got a call from the local delivery manager telling me my car arrived and if I wanted I could drive over in my trade and take delivery of my car. I have been searching for months to find a single owner low mileage in Avalanche Grey with a clean carfax report. This car is a 2017 with 3,600 miles on it. When I show up I immediately notice the front bumper is in bad shape (scraped and cracked in several spots). Apparently the transport company damaged it. It is going to have to be replaced. The Vroom representative took a bunch of photos and started an incident for me. I then drove the car to a Ford dealership to get an estimate so I could provide that to Vroom. While there I had them run an Oasis report for me. The report shows the engine was replaced in June 2019 (close to $30K). I am guessing it was an oil consumption issue. I am happy that it has the Gen 2 motor in it but I am also wondering what else could be wrong. The "See Manual" yellow wrench warning is also coming on so I am going to have to get the Ford dealership to run a diagnostic test to see what that is all about. Am I crazy for keeping this car? Any suggestions?
Sponsored

XFactor7889

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Performance Package
I've never worked with Vroom, but my understanding is they give you a week and something like 250 miles to change your mind, right? With that being the case, if I were you, I'd have Ford run the diagnostics and see what you're working with. From there, you could probably either further negotiate with Vroom for a fair solution for both sides or if it's too much, return it to Vroom. Realistically, they have an incentive to make it work with you. It's not like they can get out of dealing with this with another buyer. Especially for a Shelby.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Just my opinion but that’s almost too much for me right off the bat. That is why I may sell them my car but I will never buy a car from them. I want to see it upfront in person no delivery. I hope it all works out for you.

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
The damage from the bumper, is because you need a special flat bed configuration to transport these cars. And you can be sure Vroom has no such item.
It does have a new engine, which is a good thing. I would see what the engine light is indicating, and go from there.
Btw, the flat bed requirements are clearly indicated in the manual.

Sponsored

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
These cars are very expensive (to me they are anyways) and if I had that kind of issue right away I’d return it. It would be very painful but starting off with that many issues is too much for a car that costs that much IMO.

MNstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
The damage from the bumper, is because you need a special flat bed configuration to transport these cars. And you can be sure Vroom has no such item.
It does have a new engine, which is a good thing. I would see what the engine light is indicating, and go from there.
Btw, the flat bed requirements are clearly indicated in the manual.
Doesn't the replacement engine greatly reduce the value of the car? Seems like with a GT350 having the original engine would be a big deal.

OP - sorry you are having these issues. Hope you can get it figured out.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
Get out while you can. There are other fish in the sea.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
Doesn't the replacement engine greatly reduce the value of the car? Seems like with a GT350 having the original engine would be a big deal.

That's an interesting question. If it was a factory ford warranty replacement, it can't hurt the value that bad. I'd say the new engine value balances out the loss of originality. Some collectors and buyers might like it.

OP
OP
jseeutat

jseeutat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
That's an interesting question. If it was a factory ford warranty replacement, it can't hurt the value that bad. I'd say the new engine value balances out the loss of originality. Some collectors and buyers might like it.
The engine swap is somewhat common in these cars manufactured from 2015 to 2017. There were oil consumption issues with the Gen I Voodoo motor that was corrected with the Gen II motor. I'm actually ok with the motor swap but the check manual light is a wildcard. A buddy is going to bring a scan tool over tomorrow to see what it is.

Sponsored

XFactor7889

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Performance Package

For true car collectors, numbers matching examples of cars can fetch pretty high sums. That's typically going to be many years into the future though. And with as many of the GT350s that have seemingly had their engines replaced, it's a good bet there will be few enough of the original motors out there that they will definitely be worth a good amount one day.

OP, it's clear from your post how much you want this spec in particular, and I think Ford only offered that color one year, right? With that being the case, I think the points to get out now due to the early hassle are certainly fair. However, I would think it's worth it to at least see what's actually wrong with it. Check engine lights aren't always the end of the world after all. And to have exactly what you want with that low mileage AND already have the gen 2 motor, you may not find another one like that again. I'm sure you've considered this, which is what's causing your dilemma. But given Vroom's return window, I think this gives you a golden opportunity to explore everything before making your decision.

UnhandledException

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
So I ordered a GT350 from Vroom and sold them my truck. It has been a long and difficult process due to lack of communication on their part. I got a call from the local delivery manager telling me my car arrived and if I wanted I could drive over in my trade and take delivery of my car. I have been searching for months to find a single owner low mileage in Avalanche Grey with a clean carfax report. This car is a 2017 with 3,600 miles on it. When I show up I immediately notice the front bumper is in bad shape (scraped and cracked in several spots). Apparently the transport company damaged it. It is going to have to be replaced. The Vroom representative took a bunch of photos and started an incident for me. I then drove the car to a Ford dealership to get an estimate so I could provide that to Vroom. While there I had them run an Oasis report for me. The report shows the engine was replaced in June 2019 (close to $30K). I am guessing it was an oil consumption issue. I am happy that it has the Gen 2 motor in it but I am also wondering what else could be wrong. The "See Manual" yellow wrench warning is also coming on so I am going to have to get the Ford dealership to run a diagnostic test to see what that is all about. Am I crazy for keeping this car? Any suggestions?
Why would you buy a car without PPI or seeing it?

Saxgod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2021 Bronco Sport Outerbanks
Barring finding anything major from the diagnostic I would buy a ford esp and start enjoying the car.

Ratchet27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Vehicle(s)
1991 Mustang and 1998 Cobra
Is the car completely out of warranty?

Saxgod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2021 Bronco Sport Outerbanks
Why would you buy a car without PPI or seeing it?
Have you never heard of vroom, Carvana or any of those other company’s? It’s not how they work but they do give you time after buying to return them.
Sponsored