Car just arrived and Ughhh

brent_G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT-A10-pp1-ruby red
I'd return it. I'm sure you really want this car and it to be a certain way. But that's already alot of surprises. The deal you're wanting WILL pop up. Takes me months and months to find what I'm looking for usually.
Sponsored

Rilla

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019 PP1
I bought a car from vroom in October, The engine had a crack block in it and the flywheel was not aligned properly.

I drove it for the first weekend it had a vibration, I thought it was just a tires so vroom sent me a check to replace all four tires..

After 2 weeks of waiting for an appointment with the dealership at Ford, They are replacing my engine and clutch/flywheel under warranty.

Just be careful what you're buying from Vroom, especially when it comes to mustangs. People are dumping them off to these online vendors because they don't really do inspections prior to cutting you a check for your trade-in. Many Mustang owners are just selling their cars to these online dealers knowing their issues with the car and getting nice money for it.

I learned a hard way, but I will be buying a brand new Mustang 2019..

I paid $35,000 for a 2019 performance package one.

Last edited:

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
A good friend just sold there avalanche gray to Carmax, but it wasn’t low miles. It was 18kish, needed a couple grand to be put back where it should be. Carmax gave them 49k for it. You already know there are not many of those cars, avalanche gray. I wouldn’t be concerned about the motor swap, actually its a blessing in my opinion. Regardless its a push at worst. The transporter screwing up has nothing to do with the quality of the car. It’s repairable. And not a big or difficult repair. My friends wife drug there’s on a parking block and I’m sure its a similar type of damage. Not a big deal. I’d ignore the run away from the car crowd. It’s internet bs. None of us have seen the car and only you know how nice or not nice it is. As long as the body and interior of the car are to your standard the minor mechanical issue’s are simple to address. You still have your trade in, so let them fix the issue’s then judge for yourself at that point. Best of luck.

Low mileage, single owner, avalanche grey GT350 is why I bought it the way I did. There are none available within 1,000 miles of my house.

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
That scenario would of cost tens of thousands of dollars to repair. Twenty plus years of having a shop I never had a customer pay out of pocket for something like that. But diligence is important.

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
It depends on what you plan to do with the car. Is it going to be a garage queen that never sees rain? If that is the case then I imagine you would want a car that is in near perfect condition to start. Repaints and bumper cover replacements etc. are not really compatible with that mindset.

If however you are going to beat on the car on the track then I say keep it as is, provided you can maybe get a few $$ back for the inconvenience etc. Try to turn the situation into an advantage for yourself.

tobaccokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
The damage from the bumper, is because you need a special flat bed configuration to transport these cars. And you can be sure Vroom has no such item.
It does have a new engine, which is a good thing. I would see what the engine light is indicating, and go from there.
Btw, the flat bed requirements are clearly indicated in the manual.

I've moved my 2019 GT350 in my 20ft enclosed trailer w/standard door ramp. No problem at all.

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
I'd keep it, work with Vroom to fix it and drive the sh!t out of it - GT350s are awesome! NO REGERTS!

Sponsored

Wb350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Gt350
what price did vroom sell you the car for !

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Carvana / Vroom buys absolutely everything without even checking. Car with a head gasket leak ? Carvana bought it for over KBB. They don't care.
Chances are you can buy a decent car from them, but I wouldn't have patience to try.

libtrucker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP, 1995 F-250 XL
The damage from the bumper, is because you need a special flat bed configuration to transport these cars. And you can be sure Vroom has no such item.
It does have a new engine, which is a good thing. I would see what the engine light is indicating, and go from there.
Btw, the flat bed requirements are clearly indicated in the manual.
You dont need a special flatbed to tow any car. Ive been in the towing buisness for 15 years and can tell you with any competent operator these cars can be flat bed hauled by any truck.

Ive even towed them with little wheel lift wreckers, damage free!
Sponsored