Car Cover challenges

crudeman3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT350
Hey everyone, looking to purchase a outdoor car cover for my 2019 GT 350. It has the wing and gurney flap so when I purchased other GT 350/mustang covers in the past there’s not enough room in the back end. Has anybody had a good experience with a outdoor car cover that has extra room in the back for the wing and gurney flap, I prefer to not remove it, but I’m open to the idea. The car will need to be stored for about a month and a half Here in July
Sponsored

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Hey everyone, looking to purchase a outdoor car cover for my 2019 GT 350. It has the wing and gurney flap so when I purchased other GT 350/mustang covers in the past there’s not enough room in the back end. Has anybody had a good experience with a outdoor car cover that has extra room in the back for the wing and gurney flap, I prefer to not remove it, but I’m open to the idea. The car will need to be stored for about a month and a half Here in July
Have you tried the regular Ford cover for the gt350? A buddy of mine and I both use them for our 18s. Even though it says indoor, we have had no issues the last few years and the water doesn't go through it either when it rains.

20230602_185601.jpg

OP
OP

crudeman3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT350
Have you tried the regular Ford cover for the gt350? A buddy of mine and I both use them for our 18s. Even though it says indoor, we have had no issues the last few years and the water doesn't go through it either when it rains.

20230602_185601.jpg
Thanks - I’ll take a look! Also saw some R specific covers that have a little more room too (15-17)

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2018 Audi TTRS
If you look closely at the options on covers like the one referenced above, there’s one made just for the swing. I have it and it fits great with the swing/gurney. I’ve also used it for occasional outdoor / overnights with no issues.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
This is who makes them for Ford. If you don’t want a cover that advertises whats underneath a more generic appearing cover can be ordered but with the same quality. They make different grades for the specific application. Like was said above a standard gt350 cover will work with the gurney flap installed.

https://www.covercraft.com/us/en

Sponsored

rocsteady

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Which cover craft car cover is the one that they sell as the cover that can be ordered with the GT350? I knew I should have kept one from my previous Shelbys but oh, no, I gotta be the guy to leave everything with the car like a doofus. I think I’m going to go with the five layer soft back option.

Last edited:

Talliuz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I have the GT350 OEM one with the Shelby logo on it I can sell if you'd like. DM me

TxGT350-52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lead Foot, 2021 Diesel Tremor CG
Which cover craft car cover is the one that they sell as the cover that can be ordered with the GT350? I knew I should have kept one from my previous Shelbys but oh, no, I gotta be the guy to leave everything with the car like a doofus. I think I’m going to go with the five layer soft back option.
Like you, I included my factory cover when I sold my car. I also gave the buyer the serialized Owners Supplemental, as I received it from the first owner.

rocsteady

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Decided that I would take my chances with some scratching, hopefully not, and cover the car on occasion as the tree and birds in the yard seem to hate the Shelby. Little bastards. Went with a Covercraft 5-layer Softback All Climate Cover in gray. Good timing as we’re getting snow flurries as I was covering it today.

I seem to remember a pro tip to make it an anti theft device you simply write “Camaro” in big letters on the sides.

1701967273895.jpeg

GT350Keith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
1969 Shelby GT350, 1991 300ZX TT, 2018 GT350
I purchased the Ford cover and had thought it would be nicer. Like having a soft liner instead of being a one layer cover. I like the graphics and it seems well made, but I had hoped for more. Hope it doesn't scratch the paint.

Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
It will not scratch the paint. Caveat…how you use it. It is NOT an outdoor cover. I know you don’t know me from Adam, but trust me, I’m about as anal as it gets when it comes to detailing and perfect paint, and I’ve been using the factory cover, on and off (the car, literaly), for six years…it does not mar the paint. People make assumptions due to the material or they use it wrong.

12thmanGT350r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350r HE
Galaxy—help me understand how you can use the OEM car cover wrong. Just got a new to me r and OEM cover is on the way. Thanks!

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
Galaxy—help me understand how you can use the OEM car cover wrong. Just got a new to me r and OEM cover is on the way. Thanks!
I'll chime in here. It's how you put it on and take it off. Fold it so that the outside only touches the outside, inside part should touch only the inside. Also, don't put it on a dirty car.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I'll chime in here. It's how you put it on and take it off. Fold it so that the outside only touches the outside, inside part should touch only the inside. Also, don't put it on a dirty car.
like what @TonyNJ said, and I was also referring to the fact this is not an outdoor cover. This is an indoor dust cover. While this material poses zero harm to your paint, I would not want it flapping around.
Sponsored