20ducks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg G.
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Rapid Red
Vehicle Showcase
I need to have an alignment done on my 2020 GT Premium. I had lowering springs installed in the front (the rears would have been too low IMO) and so to have an alignment done I need to buy camber plates and have them installed. Springs feel great but definitely need the alignment. Looked on several supplier sites but have no idea what would be best. Keep in mind that I do not track, autox etc so this is for functionality. So which camber plates do you suggest?
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
None. If you're lowered a reasonable amount the front camber will be greater than stock, but perfectly fine to daily drive, and honestly the car will corner a little better with a bit more front camber than stock.

If you still think you need some, just about any of them are fine for a set-it-and-forget-it application. I run Steedas and they've been good.

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I lowered my 16 PP GT 1 inch and was told by the company I got them from that you shouldn't need camber plates for 1 inch. My tires were coming to the end of their life and a couple months after installing the springs the insides of both fronts were showing cords.

I got the camber plates and installed them before getting new tires and an alignment. The tires are now wearing evenly. I wish I had got the plates at the same time, it was a pain pulling the strut off a 2nd time to install the camber plates.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I need to have an alignment done on my 2020 GT Premium. I had lowering springs installed in the front (the rears would have been too low IMO) and so to have an alignment done I need to buy camber plates and have them installed. Springs feel great but definitely need the alignment. Looked on several supplier sites but have no idea what would be best. Keep in mind that I do not track, autox etc so this is for functionality. So which camber plates do you suggest?
Issue with front spring only is that now you have rates between front and rear severely mismatched.
What camber did you end up with after lowering ? If there is a whole lot of adjustment needed, maybe camber bolts would work ?

Otherwise you'd have to take struts apart again to install plates, basically same amount of work as swapping springs. Does not really matter which plates you get, I have Steeda's, they're fine.

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
You can also just get some $40 camber bolts for the front, and they will give you enough adjustment.

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
20ducks

20ducks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg G.
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Rapid Red
Vehicle Showcase
I got a deal I couldn't refuse on a set of Maximum Motorsports Caster/Camber Plates. Got them installed last week and got the wheel alignment done today. Done.
set of Maximum Motorsports Caster/Camber Plates. Got them installed last week and got the wheel alignment done today. Done.

wheel alignment print out 10 18 21.jpg

TundraOnKings

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT PP1 A10, '20 Armada,'15 Tundra,14' GS350F
I got a deal I couldn't refuse on a set of Maximum Motorsports Caster/Camber Plates. Got them installed last week and got the wheel alignment done today. Done.
set of Maximum Motorsports Caster/Camber Plates. Got them installed last week and got the wheel alignment done today. Done.

Why so much negative rear camber and not front? I would’ve gone -1.5 all around for a street setup. Or -1.5-2.0 front and -1.5 rear.
Supposedly my -2.7 in the front isn’t even that bad on tire wear (mainly track).

Last edited:

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase

Why the fairly substantial left/right difference in rear toe as well? I would get that evened out.
Agree with @TundraOnKings on the camber. If you want the car to turn in better, you should always have more front camber than rear.
Sponsored