Camaro Watch: Revealed Early

Cars_1959

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bert
Vehicle(s)
2012 Hyundai Genesis 3.8
Sadly, IMHO, I think we'll eventually see a Eco-Boost six in a few years. Coyote still rules for now.
Sponsored

Fox5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP magnetic
Sadly, IMHO, I think we'll eventually see a Eco-Boost six in a few years. Coyote still rules for now.
Shoot, with gas prices on the increase in CA. I wouldn't wind a TT v6 right now.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Cars_1959 - nice avatar. I remember those bubble gum card with the crazy cartoons back in the day. :D

Last edited:

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Exactly. They didn't mince words on the HP and TQ, or the technology additions or enhancements. Or the MPG on the Turbo4. Just a generalized statement of 200lbs depending on model or something like that.
The 200lb weight savings is coming from the weight difference between the Ss V8 and the new 4 cylinder motor.

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I like the quad exhaust. Still searching for a conversion for my 2016 when it arrives. So far all require cutting or drilling to install.:doh:

I don't like the new Camaro either, except for the quads.
Get a Premium model, and swap the lower out for the Roush Quad tip valence.

Sponsored

dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Conv V6 4.0; 2016 BMW 340i
Saw the new Camaro pics today, and I LOLed. Mustang wins, no contest.

Awkward dimensions, even tinier windows, etc. It just doesn't look right.

The new Camaro is not as good looking as the 5th gen Camaro.

I gave myself 1 year to sit and wait and see if I still want the new Mustang. And I still do.

Axe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I had a 2010 and a 2012 Camaro, and its still funny to me hearing people whine about the visibility thing. Its really not a big deal.

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
They need a weight to test MPG's. Each level is broken down by weight and output then tested for MPG's.

I heard the SS wasn't complete yet for a ride along until just recently.
Oh stop with the curb weight and EPA testing nonsense.

They don't need a finalized curb weight for the vehicle for testing. They just need to have the available options finalized and what options they expect to sell the most.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport

15Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
I still think the '98-'02 design was the best Camaro. I owned a 2001. Looking back at the pics, this car doesn't even look that much outdated even though its 14 years old. Beautiful lines. Can't say that about a Mustang from the same era. However, the '15 Mustang is way better than the '16 Camaro. I was never hooked on the Camaro since the new one came in '10 and it was horrible to sit in.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/28042007@N07/sets/72157617094328322

Sponsored

Cars_1959

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bert
Vehicle(s)
2012 Hyundai Genesis 3.8
Thanks GT Pony

I just started to get into Muscle Cars again> This Supercharged Mustang reminds me of the days when those type of graphics where everywhere including T- Shirts and magazines and some were painted on cars back in the Rat Fink days.

Looked a while to find them but this one is different but my favorite.
Shelby Mustang.jpg

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
I think Chevy/Camaro did 3 things right on the '16.

A) Engine/Lineup Order
B) New improved V6
C) Customer Choice/Not forced choice.

They allowed the consumer to pick the engine and then the options.
Solid points. Might I add:

D) 2.0 instead of 2.3 I4
E) 8 Speed Automatic

These things are a massive advantage in CO2 sensitive markets like the one I am living in. If you're gonna have to make due with a turbo 4 banger because of emissions than having an unnecessary large 2.3 over a 2.0 makes no sense. On top of that the CO2 emission of the Ecoboost automatic is a massive 30% higher than the manual, adding $25000 (yes you read that right) in new car tax to it over here, just for having the automatic. Which is what killed off any chance of ever owning one of these for me. The Camaro bound 2.0 turbo 4 does 193 grams in the Cadillac ATS with the old 6 speed auto, and over here that would already shave off $15000 in enviromental tax. I can't wait to see what it will do with the new 8 speed.

I also really like the availability of a digital speedo and a head up display.

Competition breeds excellence. Hopefully Ford are awake. They very well might have lost me to the dark side though. Not because I don't like their Mustang, but because they failed in making an EcoStang that actually is Eco. A 2.3 liter that barfs out 228 grams is not Eco. :(

Last edited:

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
F. Rev matching manual transmission (at least that's what I think)

NewSVO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard boost premium 6mt
This will be very hypocritical of me to say, but with the new mustang it doesn't REALLY look like a mustang, it's very european and has the same body lines as a DB9, saying that the v8,v6,and i4 all sound RIGHT "subjectively" coming from the car, now with the camaro, it's a very muscle car that in my opinion should only have a v8 as it looks and feels american just like the challenger, I feel that a 2 liter inside one of those tanks is going to both not work right and sound wrong.

Reason why I say it's hypocritical is because I own an i4 S550 now bashing another i4 in an american car but the mustang can pull it off, the camaro not so much and no way in the challenger.

Allerick

First Time Mustang Buyer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang (DIB 2.3T w/ Ceramic Int.)
Ok, so now that I have had a little time to look at the new Camaro I'd say I have mixed feelings about it. The front is decent, but I would have preferred a larger departure. I don't car for the side profile or rear at all. I agree with some of you in saying that the last gen looked better in a lot of areas. From the pictures the interior looks really cool to me. I like how clean the gauges are, and the large center screen appears to offer a lot more than the current Mustangs do. I also like the HUD, and those crazy vents remind me of something you'd see on a high end Italian sports car.

I'll definitely wait until I see one in person to make a final call. I've seen a lot of interiors that look great in pictures, but when you are in them they don't hold up. I don't think I like the interior enough to get pass the exterior. IMO the 2015 Mustang kills it in exterior look. The Camaro might have it beat on the interior options however.
Sponsored