Sponsored

Camaro Watch: Revealed Early

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Did Ford ever consider putting the road runner 5.0 (Boss 302 Engine) directly into the S550? I know it shares a lot of it's improvements, but it doesn't have the 7800 rpm redline or the added horsepower (although it's only another 9).

What advantage is a 7800 rpm redline on the street? Very little by itself. The roadrunner is a very effective package on the track but the very very high powerbands hurts it's street prowess in most cases. I'll take the 9hp loss for the 20 tq gain and a lower power band any day of the week.
Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Yep...they are not revealing it and they are choosing their words carefully...just like a lawyer/politician.
Exactly. They didn't mince words on the HP and TQ, or the technology additions or enhancements. Or the MPG on the Turbo4. Just a generalized statement of 200lbs depending on model or something like that.

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
You're the 3rd Camaro lover that keeps bringing up the GT350 when we question why the weight info has not been released. Why does it matter about the GT350??? This was Camaro's day. But yet the report the MPG of the turbo 4 and don't know the weight? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Just like Ford did with the Mustang and its 6G unveiling. No weight info = not something they want to brag about unlike HP, TQ, interior, etc.
Are you for real. Until final production model is done a official weight CAN'T be made, that's with any car. This car won't be ready for production for months. If they gave a curb weight, then it would be ready for production. I gave the GT350 as a example. Take a breath and relax the weight will come.

minjitta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Explorer
I have to say it looks very modern and well built. The interior looks like its high quality with lots of soft touch materials and no bright shiny chrome pieces !! I see lots of brushed/matte aluminum type trim. Impressed with the ultra modern and efficient 8 speed auto.

I also like the fact that there are a lot more exterior and interior color options as compared to the s550 Mustang.

I'm still committed to getting a 16' EcoBoost, and I've never been a Chevy fan, however now I will definitely take a look and test drive the new Six Gen Camaro when they arrive in the showrooms !!
Take your time buddy 5g, 6g whatever they all look ugly, Mustang always be here, never lost a step.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Are you for real. Until final production model is done a official weight CAN'T be made, that's with any car. This car won't be ready for production for months. If they gave a curb weight, then it would be ready for production. I gave the GT350 as a example. Take a breath and relax the weight will come.
:lol::lol: yep, I am for real. I am relaxed. Very relaxed. Just chuckling at all the Camaro banner wavers over her supporting their cause. I don't care what the car weighs. Never owned a Camaro, never will. That's simple.

Funny thing. I believe the Camaro lovers were saying the same thing about the Mustang weight and it not being released until later, later, later on down the road.

Sponsored

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
They need a weight to test MPG's. Each level is broken down by weight and output then tested for MPG's.

I heard the SS wasn't complete yet for a ride along until just recently.

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They need a weight to test MPG's. Each level is broken down by weight and output then tested for MPG's.

I heard the SS wasn't complete yet for a ride along until just recently.
True, and those official numbers will not be out until a production car is ready.

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
:lol::lol: yep, I am for real. I am relaxed. Very relaxed. Just chuckling at all the Camaro banner wavers over her supporting their cause. I don't care what the car weighs. Never owned a Camaro, never will. That's simple.

Funny thing. I believe the Camaro lovers were saying the same thing about the Mustang weight and it not being released until later, later, later on down the road.
Some may have just like what you are doing. But if we didn't do this look how boring these forums would be.:D

Patrick S

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 50 year Ap/Pkg
SO... i looked this car over. I dislike the front grille being so huge underneath, my same complaint about "The Rocket" mustang. I dislike the back of the car being so much more narrow than the front. i dislike the tail lights, as they are trying to make their Pony car look like their super car. I think that this should not have the 6th generation nameplate since it is SO much like the 5th generation.

My opinion, GM fanboys can flame away.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Exactly. They didn't mince words on the HP and TQ, or the technology additions or enhancements. Or the MPG on the Turbo4. Just a generalized statement of 200lbs depending on model or something like that.
I think Chevy/Camaro did 3 things right on the '16. The last 2 I think are pretty big, especially the last one.

A) Engine/Lineup Order.

They put the 4 cylinder in the base. Like it or not, the average consumer is going to be confused by the 6-4-8 line-up in the Mustang vs a 4-6-8 in the Camaro and the latter is the natural progression for this type of car.

B) New improved V6
They put the V6 as the middle and actually even made a new V6 for it. Ford could have done the same and improved their V6 but didnt. On top of it it has cylinder deactivation.

Like it or not again, a V6 is an engine many people would like for both fuel and performance. I think that Camaro might win the sales #s for the mid range models.

C) Customer Choice/Not forced choice.

They allowed the consumer to pick the engine and then the options.

The only 2 options not offered on the base Camaro 4 cylinder are the magnetic ride suspension and one other option. This is another big win for Chevy. You are allowing the customer to pick what they want. Engine, then options.

Other things to note...they'll be touting fuel economy on these but everyone needs to realize they are running 2.77 gears vs 3.15s in most of their automatics. That means much slower car = better mpg. There wont be Apple to Apple comparisons for sure.

Sponsored

Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Focus
I think Chevy/Camaro did 3 things right on the '16. The last 2 I think are pretty big, especially the last one.

A) Engine/Lineup Order.

They put the 4 cylinder in the base. Like it or not, the average consumer is going to be confused by the 6-4-8 line-up in the Mustang vs a 4-6-8 in the Camaro and the latter is the natural progression for this type of car.

B) New improved V6
They put the V6 as the middle and actually even made a new V6 for it. Ford could have done the same and improved their V6 but didnt. On top of it it has cylinder deactivation.

Like it or not again, a V6 is an engine many people would like for both fuel and performance. I think that Camaro might win the sales #s for the mid range models.

C) Customer Choice/Not forced choice.

They allowed the consumer to pick the engine and then the options.

The only 2 options not offered on the base Camaro 4 cylinder are the magnetic ride suspension and one other option. This is another big win for Chevy. You are allowing the customer to pick what they want. Engine, then options.

Other things to note...they'll be touting fuel economy on these but everyone needs to realize they are running 2.77 gears vs 3.15s in most of their automatics. That means much slower car = better mpg. There wont be Apple to Apple comparisons for sure.

Making a brand new V6 as the mid level option was a very smart play by Chevy. It appeals to those who want a car with decent performance and better MPG than the V8 but don't want a boosted 4 or the stigma of a 4 cylinder pony car. I personally don't have any issue with a turbo 4 myself, but there are many buyers out there who don't want a small 4 cylinder engine in their Camaro or Mustang. Now that view may not be very forward thinking, but like it or not, that's how many people out there feel, and it's hard to change people's minds.

I like the idea of a smooth and powerful V6. I would definitely be interested in at least looking at the V6 Camaro. Doesn't mean I would buy one, but it's attractive enough to at least be worthy of consideration.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
i bet ford drops v6 eventually anyways with how well ecoboost is doing

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
i bet ford drops v6 eventually anyways with how well ecoboost is doing
A pretty safe bet. I'd say the NA V6 will be gone by '18 model year. Now could a TT 2.7 V6 make the lineup???

Cars_1959

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bert
Vehicle(s)
2012 Hyundai Genesis 3.8
I like the quad exhaust. Still searching for a conversion for my 2016 when it arrives. So far all require cutting or drilling to install.:doh:

I don't like the new Camaro either, except for the quads.
Sponsored