Built short block rpg

Jed S.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jedidiah
Vehicle(s)
2018 Whipple Stage 2 Mustang GT
I guess you just need to know how to find it.

8) Differences between this (GT350) and p/n: M-6010-M52B (Predator) are as follows:

Predator includes dowels, GT350 doesn't (see #1, above ^).

Predator has oil squirters in the valley and are fed off the main oil feed.

GT350 has squirters in the main journals.

Block off plates are p/n: M-6868-M50

Oil squirters are p/n: AA5Z-6K868-A (I'm running squirters as my car sees nearly 100% street use).

The Predator has an extra machining step for more rod clearance, for the oem Predator rod.

The GT350 didn't require any rod clearancing for use with the rod I chose (see below).
Dude, that part number is the gen 3 5.2l block aka ā€œpredator blockā€. A Ford master mechanic (actually legit person) just confirmed with me that itā€™s the same damn casting as well. Sooo you spilling nonsense šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø
Sponsored

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
Dude, that part number is the gen 3 5.2l block aka ā€œpredator blockā€. A Ford master mechanic (actually legit person) just confirmed with me that itā€™s the same damn casting as well. Sooo you spilling nonsense šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø
thatā€™s the block Iā€™ve been talking about.
Iā€™m getting my info from Ford parts and RPG . Donā€™t know what to tell you. Being a master tech has zero to do with parts and numbers LOL. Pass tests and work on cars. Yep thatā€™s what I did for a living for a while at Ford too.

Jed S.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jedidiah
Vehicle(s)
thatā€™s the block Iā€™ve been talking about.
Iā€™m getting my info from Ford parts and RPG . Donā€™t know what to tell you. Being a master tech has zero to do with parts and numbers LOL. Pass tests and work on cars. Yep thatā€™s what I did for a living for a while at Ford too.
ā€œno the predator is itā€™s own thing. Slightly stronger then the gen 3 gt350 5.2. the price is only 100$ more for gt500 predator so why not.ā€

You just argued that they arent the same. Damn whatever youā€™re smoking, I want some šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
ā€œno the predator is itā€™s own thing. Slightly stronger then the gen 3 gt350 5.2. the price is only 100$ more for gt500 predator so why not.ā€

You just argued that they arent the same. Damn whatever youā€™re smoking, I want some šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø
How is a block with oil squirters in a different location the same casting? Yea sorry been working all day for a living. Not really sure what you are looking for here.

Jed S.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jedidiah
Vehicle(s)
How is a block with oil squirters in a different location the same casting? Yea sorry been working all day for a living. Not really sure what you are looking for here.
That youre wrong, but whatever Iā€™m over it now. Working all day for a living and your couch must still touch the wall. šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Not a bad price. Is $6800 what comes with your package? Rods and pistions? Etc etc
11.1 or 10.1 or 9.5.1 compression. Not sure what compression I want to go with. What compression would you recommend?E85 is hard to find here so I'll be on 93 until I'm ready to race... then I'll throw in some E85 in the tank
I would run the gen3 shortblock with Mahle drop in 12.1 pistons and forged rods. Thereā€™s plenty of good rod companies to choose from and as long as they are not some unknown company there all comparable. The compression can be reduced with the tune but it can not be increased. So I would not worry about too much compression that much.

New Ford block
New Ford crankshaft
New ? rods
New Mahle pistons
New Ford rings
New king bearings

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
They seem to be conflating "refresh" with replace.
There should be no reason to refresh, replace, rebuild ,, rebore, retorque, retouch, for any reason unless It is damaged. Do you know why sleeves would need to be replaced or refreshed every 3y

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
If I'm spending the better part of $10,000 on a shortblock, it will be sleeved. Under 1000hp, maybe you can get away with it. Past that, I'd want sleeves.

bauern

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
F150 Powerboost
There should be no reason to refresh, replace, rebuild ,, rebore, retorque, retouch, for any reason unless It is damaged. Do you know why sleeves would need to be replaced or refreshed every 3y
Sure, depends on what level of "race" its set up at, and I am not equating refresh as replace. A refresh is simply a hone, new rings and maybe pistons.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Sure, depends on what level of "race" its set up at, and I am not equating refresh as replace. A refresh is simply a hone, new rings and maybe pistons.
We are not talking about a race engine. We are talking about a street engine that sees some track use

Sponsored

Mghoward74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
S550
I made 1005 rwhp on stock block @ 11-12 psi. I have fore triple pump and big injectors. I bought the RPG sleeved block cause I want to make 1500rwhp+

Car drives almost like stock

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
I made 1005 rwhp on stock block @ 11-12 psi. I have fore triple pump and big injectors. I bought the RPG sleeved block cause I want to make 1500rwhp+

Car drives almost like stock
Are you happy with the RPG engine?

Mghoward74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
S550

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
You are correct, same casting with different machining.
Sponsored